New York News

spencercoop

Good points and add to that theire is no new ship to bring here makes setting expectations along those lines unrealistic.

I'm hoping they make an announcement soon as to their future plans for a new class of ship. I'd like to see, as would many here, an update to the spirit protype with a wider hull. That way Tampa could finally get a brand new ship. I've heard John in the past mention that they would love to have a new ship in Tampa but due to the Skyway bridge, the conquest and dream classes could never be here. Tampa desperately needs an eastern itinerary.

I'm hoping they make an announcement soon as to their future plans for a new class of ship. I'd like to see, as would many here, an update to the spirit protype with a wider hull. That way Tampa could finally get a brand new ship. I've heard John in the past mention that they would love to have a new ship in Tampa but do to the Skyway bridge, the conquest and dream classes could never be here. Tampa desperately needs an eastern itinerary.

I think many would share your thoughts on a new class of ship (Spirit class size), and who knows if that will happen. That would be 3 years away though.......

Sailing out of Tampa is very nice, if only they made the Skyway bridge 100 feet higher..... Eastern med (at least a true eastern med) is a stretch though, too much fuel.

I think many would share your thoughts on a new class of ship (Spirit class size), and who knows if that will happen. That would be 3 years away though.......

Sailing out of Tampa is very nice, if only they made the Skyway bridge 100 feet higher..... Eastern med (at least a true eastern med) is a stretch though, too much fuel.

Eastern med would be great from a port in Europe. I assume you mean Eastern Carib, I think you could get east from Tampa with at least KW and GT perhaps HMC, not a true eastern but east of Tampa. I'm holding out hope for sometime in my lifetime being able to cruise to Cuba. That would be incredible for Tampa because of its proximity to Cuba.

Eastern med would be great from a port in Europe. I assume you mean Eastern Carib, I think you could get east from Tampa with at least KW and GT perhaps HMC, not a true eastern but east of Tampa. I'm holding out hope for sometime in my lifetime being able to cruise to Cuba. That would be incredible for Tampa because of its proximity to Cuba.

LOL....maybe a freudian slip on my part, yes eastern caribbean. Think your timeframe of lifetime on Cuba is right on (at least from my perspective:confused:). KW GT and HMC would be a very nice cruise out of Tampa, totally agree.

Doesn't it make you want to run down 5th avenue naked? Not!

Cr-p - I toned up for nothing? Not running naked for that news!

HMC and GT would have made for nice itinerary in winter but this one is awful.

If this itinerary is the official winter one, it stinks. Freeport/Nassau? Yick! And the temps are so variable. If they do a nice HMC/GT/Nassau 8 dayer in summer, why wouldn't they follow that thru the winter?

Cr-p - I toned up for nothing? Not running naked for that news!

If this itinerary is the official winter one, it stinks. Freeport/Nassau? Yick! And the temps are so variable. If they do a nice HMC/GT/Nassau 8 dayer in summer, why wouldn't they follow that thru the winter?

My guess would be access to the ports (fees license etc). They already have spots on the calendar for Bahamas would be my guess.

Seems like a waste having 2 Spirit Class ships both sailing from cold weather ports doing essentially the same crap itinerary.

Maybe NY'ers are different and remove their clothing for a lot less than us Canucks but if this is the announcement, I would not expect a whole lot of euphoric spontaneous nudity happening.

Here is the itinerary it looks like they will be doing the whole winter.

Day Port Arrive Depart

Wednesday, Jan 09 New York, NY 4:00pm

Thursday, Jan 10 Fun Day at Sea

Friday, Jan 11 Fun Day at Sea

Saturday, Jan 12 Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 7:00am 7:00pm

Sunday, Jan 13 Nassau, the Bahamas 11:00am 10:00pm

Monday, Jan 14 Freeport, the Bahamas 7:00am 6:00pm

Tuesday, Jan 15 Fun Day at Sea

Wednesday, Jan 16 Fun Day at Sea

Thursday, Jan 17 New York, NY 8:00am

Doesn't it make you want to run down 5th avenue naked? Not!

They would have to make that a pretty cheap cruise for me to take it......I love sailing out of Por Canaveral, but I don't want to spend the day there. I'm not a Disney person so what is there to do.......we've done the NASA thingy already......And Nassau and Freeport..........yawn.....

For me it would be an 8 day cruise to nowhere, which I love staying on the ship, but I would be afraid that the weather would be too cool to even enjoy the outside decks.........

They do a couple 8 days that go to San Juan, St Thomas, and Grand Turk. Beyond that, the choices aren't great. I suspect they do the Bahamas more frequently because the fuel costs are way cheaper.

At least they could try to do HMC, Grand Turk is nice.

IF that is THE announcement,

I AM DISAPPOINTED. Carnvial, to compete with RC, HAS to do 9, 10, 12 day itineraries. I really think if they offered this instead of PC, Nassau and freeport that the MIRACLE would be booked all year.

When I go on the GLORY and the MIRACLE(in JULY and SEPT respectively) I WILL write on those comment cards about the new itineraries and what they should do.

God knows if they will listen, but will try anyway

John Heald has already said that Carnival is going to be heavily investing in their current fleet leading me to believe that a new ship (or class) is not in the near future.

I agree with h82, To me CCL has gone down hill. We went to Canada from NYC and when the ship departed we didn't have reggae or calipso music with steel drums going on. Instead we had merengue and salsa music from a dj. The lines to the buffet were enormous on the lido deck. The trip was mainly for minority groups and I didn't see many caucasions. I'm not saying that this is bad because I'm a minority myself from Santo Domingo. I thought that the service and food has gone way down hill from previous cruises with CCL. The entertainment and staff were excellent though but I prefer other lines better. Have a nice day.

John Heald has already said that Carnival is going to be heavily investing in their current fleet leading me to believe that a new ship (or class) is not in the near future.

I beleive those comemnts were really referring to Mickey Arinson comments made. Later John did mention (in his hint dropping mode) that there was talk about a smaller class of ship (Spirit class size) like they have come out with for HAL in the future (possibly) for Carnival.

The problem with HMC in the winter is that HAL uses it a lot then...

True but can be shared (on/off) flipping with other Carnival lines. Point being, if they want to do (since they own the lease on the island) then they can do it.

What a horrible itinerary. The Pride out of Baltimore does the same itinerary. This is only 90 minutes from my home and will not book the Pride. Why would anyone want to go to Pt. Canaveral as a destination?

With the increase gas prices, the cost to fly has jumped. I guess I will be looking at RCCL for good rates or flying to Florida and cruising less.

I would much rather give my vacation dollars to Carnival, but I won't pay for an 8 night cruise to the Bahamas and Florida from NY.

Time to expand my search options.

If this is true it is sucky news. This is the exact itinerary I am taking out of Baltimore, so why would they have 2 ships within driving distance for the same people doing the same itinerary when it's not even a good one? I am only doing it because it's a group cruise that was chosen by someone else, but Port Canaveral as a port is ridiculous, there is nothing to do and the Bahamas is just so over done. This will be my second time to Nassau and I hope it's my last, but with my only options within driving distance always going there it makes it hard to avoid it.

I hope so much that you are all wrong not because I care about the NY cruises but because it would show once again how negative and self important some of you are here. Why dont you wait until you hear the news then blast away? You must all have nothing better to do than spend your lives being negative. Cruise Critic is the perfect name for you. If it was called Cruise Happy some of you would not be here I bet.

I hope so much that you are all wrong not because I care about the NY cruises but because it would show once again how negative and self important some of you are here. Why dont you wait until you hear the news then blast away? You must all have nothing better to do than spend your lives being negative. Cruise Critic is the perfect name for you. If it was called Cruise Happy some of you would not be here I bet.

Oh stuff it!! Some folks are not happy unless there is something to whine about. Why would you deny them a joyful moment?

Archived