New HAL smoking policy

Gunther1

Hasn't anyone thought that the demand for balconies will now increase as some smokers who were previously happy with an inside cabin will now want a balcony? And we all know what happens to prices when demand is high:cool:

Ok, it is a new one... smoking causes cruise price increase. It should be written on a cigarettes boxes.:eek:

Hasn't anyone thought that the demand for balconies will now increase as some smokers who were previously happy with an inside cabin will now want a balcony? And we all know what happens to prices when demand is high:cool:

Probably not, becaus a lot of them have often repeated on these boards that they did not smoke in their cabins anyways :rolleyes: They can't even stand their own smoke LOL

Add to that, the numbers of people coming from Princess in Jan to escape the new no smoking in rooms & balconies. It's bound to have an effect.

Add to that, the numbers of people coming from Princess in Jan to escape the new no smoking in rooms & balconies. It's bound to have an effect.

What effect for you? You say that you have never been on Holland America Line. Your only interest is to create a disturbance, under the guise of "Public Health Interests". There is no law against tobacco. I don't smoke, but every chisel which wears away on personal rights is a loss to me. Where is the Moderator? This is where Cruise Critic is failing badly, and becoming a free venue for special bogus interests.

What effect for you? You say that you have never been on Holland America Line. Your only interest is to create a disturbance, under the guise of "Public Health Interests". There is no law against tobacco. I don't smoke, but every chisel which wears away on personal rights is a loss to me. Where is the Moderator? This is where Cruise Critic is failing badly, and becoming a free venue for special bogus interests.

That's correct, I have not sailed on HAL yet, but I intend to very shortly - no special interests here, only a clean & healthy ship to sail on. You seem to have a dislike for anyone who mentions anything concerning the new smoking rules. You say you don't smoke but I'd bet that your wife does. Maybe she'll be one of the first to be reprimanded under the new, improved smoking regulations. I can't see the harm in discussing the intent of their decision and if it's obeyed as intended all the non smokers will be happier.

Probably not, becaus a lot of them have often repeated on these boards that they did not smoke in their cabins anyways :rolleyes: They can't even stand their own smoke LOL

I think a lot of the smokers who don't smoke in their cabins even though it's "legal" are doing this for the sake of a nonsmoking spouse. My BIL never smokes in the house. Not his own house, not our house when they're visiting us. When they cruised with us, he didn't smoke in their cabin.

I think a lot of the smokers who don't smoke in their cabins even though it's "legal" are doing this for the sake of a nonsmoking spouse. My BIL never smokes in the house. Not his own house, not our house when they're visiting us. When they cruised with us, he didn't smoke in their cabin.

I never smoke in my cabin . That is why I like balcony cabins Its not THE reason we get them, but its a nice bonus. I also do not smoke in my house either . I either go outside or on the screened in back porch

Archived