Goodbye

Dear message board contributors,

There comes a time when we all must say goodbye. I do not say goodbye for only myself, but for all of you as well. We shall be losing a dear, dear friend. This friend has served us well, but 'all things must pass'. We have seen it change over the years, but it has always been here for us, serving us well. It changed it's name a couple of years back, but we know it was always the same. It was like changing hairstyles, the person beneath is still the same. It is like an old blanket that is always there to comfort us. We will have to seek our comfort elsewhere. In the more crowded corridors we shall roam, seeking our answers. Shall they be answered?

No longer will it be easy to ask if someone can see into my balcony from the rock climbing wall or how noisy is it on your Boardwalk or CP balcony. No longer will it be easy to ask for the price for 150 CP or Rita's Fiesta, if children are allowed or if it gets too hot in Samba Grill. When I ask if it gets too sunny in the Solarium, my question may be overlooked. If I want to find the secret hiding spots, someone may tell me they don't exsist, while we all know that they do. Some may ask, where is the door to the wings? Hot or mild might be the answer, the incorrect one, of course.

So, yes, I am here to say goodbye to an old beloved friend. We will miss you. Hopefully your faithful shall find renewed gathering places beyond these walls. Yes, goodbye Allure (née Oasis) board. You shall be gone; you shall not be forgotten.

I did see the sticky yesterday and was sad. I really wish they would separate the RCI boards into classes of ships so information would be easier to find. I guess the hunt will be on to find "correct" information. It was fun while it lasted :(

Melissa

Come one everyone, let's joing forces and let CC know that we want to keep an Allure & Oasis specific board by replying back to the "sticky" at the top of the board. If nobody responds, they won't know how much we want it!!

Just as a comparison, this thread has as many views as the sticky thread has. This thread has been in existence for 6 hours. The other thread was posted a day and a half ago.

People don't pay attention to the sticky thread.

Come one everyone, let's joing forces and let CC know that we want to keep an Allure & Oasis specific board by replying back to the "sticky" at the top of the board. If nobody responds, they won't know how much we want it!!

I agree, I already posted in the sticky up top on the board as soon as I saw it. I really like this board and am glad I came soon enough to get info on the ship. Now I am afraid that I won't be able to find info about the allure ship and that is now going to be good. :confused:

Dearly beloved we gather here to say our goodbyes

Here she lies

No one knew her worth

The late great daughter of mother earth

And.....

Goodbye

You were good but not good enough

So please don't ask why

Simply say

Goodbye

Wondering when you'd notice. :D

It took a while. :) while some people drink and do drugs, I surf Cruise Critic when I need my fix. Since it's unofficially summer, I'm trying to ease off my habit and haven't been surfing as often. No need to worry too much though... I have two cruises booked and will be unable to stay away for long periods of time. Heck, even if I didn't have cruises booked I couldn't stay away for long!

Just use the search function.

You can do it.

I know you can.

I'm fairly new to this and don't no what your talking about. I have heard a few people talk about this but still haven't figure it out. Sorry:rolleyes:

Actually, this isn't about searching or not searching. What I like about this board is that when I come here after several hours I don't have to wade through 2-3 pages of posts to find the few that interest me.

The RCI board is WAY too crowded. Best idea I've heard is have a board for each class of ship. When it's a general RCI question, great, put it on the RCI board. When it's about a particular ship, put it on the board about that class of ship.

That's what I think would work best.

Ok, to WHY questions...Why are they merging it with the main forum and WHY don't they have one for the Oasis??

I believe the Oasis had its' own forum and then they moved it in with the general RCI board and established the Allure thread.

Always wished they would have kept both Oasis Class ships in one thread. These ships are unique and the 6400 of us sailing on each of them each week deserve our own place.

Now I understand why the people in Vancouver became so violent :mad:

I thought it was losing the Stanley Cup - now I know that it was this merge. :D

Archived