Goodbye

I believe the Oasis had its' own forum and then they moved it in with the general RCI board and established the Allure thread.

Always wished they would have kept both Oasis Class ships in one thread. These ships are unique and the 6400 of us sailing on each of them each week deserve our own place.

Now I understand why the people in Vancouver became so violent :mad:

I thought it was losing the Stanley Cup - now I know that it was this merge. :D

Rick you crack me up!!! Maybe we can find a way to riot on these boards :eek:

Dearly beloved we gather here to say our goodbyes

Here she lies

No one knew her worth

The late great daughter of mother earth

And.....

Goodbye

You were good but not good enough

So please don't ask why

Simply say

Goodbye

Brian you are too much! So after that beautiful eulogy, the sub-forum is still here :confused: Maybe you are our hero and savior!!!

Brian you are too much! So after that beautiful eulogy, the sub-forum is still here :confused: Maybe you are our hero and savior!!!

We shall see, we shall see. Maybe if we tiptoe around quietly nobody will notice. Shhhhhhh

When they announced that they were putting the Oasis thread in the general RCI thread we begged and pleaded to have it remain distinct but it didn't happen.

The two ships share so much and are so distinct I think the only one who would want an Oasis and Allure disscussion in an RCI thread is RCI. These ships are so exciting that our chatting about them has to draw more attention to them.

Although the Allure board seems to be less used this year than the Oasis board was in its first year it still was nice to have our own place.

I hopr this thread stays in place. If not, I hope they fix the speed problems. I'll be paging through a lot of RCI pages to find Allure info.

I wish Oasis/Allure had their own board too because so many of the questions/answers are unique to the Genesis class ships....and it's just EASIER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this board is so busy and slow sometimes that its nice to have a separate place to look for things to do with MY ship:o (well its sister at least):cool:

Okay, thanks for responding. Maybe the next time you all get together for coffee you can ask?

LOL as I am in the UK it may be a very very long time before I meet up with fellow hosts for coffee :D

Maybe later today we will all find out whats happening.

The problem as I see it....folks are unhappy when threads about Allure are moved into this forum...not enough traffic some say...then when CC are talking about puting all the RCCL threads into one forum...some are not happy as it means they will need to search for Allure threads....CC cant do right for doing wrong really...hard to please everyone. That is my personal opinion on this matter.

Then making it Allure AND Oasis, as nearly everyone has suggested, would help with the traffic situation.

As I said, should have been that way from the start.

But Brian what happens when Project Sunshine details come out...normally a new ship gets the sub forum...and it would cause lots of confusion if Oasis & Allure & Sunshine were in same sub forum.

Also some dont want their Oasis/Allure threads in a sub forum...they want them on the RCCL forum.

But Brian what happens when Project Sunshine details come out...normally a new ship gets the sub forum...and it would cause lots of confusion if Oasis & Allure & Sunshine were in same sub forum.

Why can't there be multiple sub forums?

Also some dont want their Oasis/Allure threads in a sub forum...they want them on the RCCL forum.

Seems they are in the minority, even if "they" have tens of thousands of posts.

Brian...Laura has posted on the original notice. They are merging the thread. :(

Yes, I noticed. Oh well, I tried. :(

Seems they are in the minority, even if "they" have tens of thousands of posts.

I would understand cruise critic's decision if there were anything close to an even split on this issue.

Is there someone out there with a better understanding of this website than I who can post a poll on the main RCI website asking whether people would prefer an Oasis/Allure sub forum?

Or would cruise critic not allow such a poll?

hard to please everyone. That is my personal opinion on this matter.

So you go for the 99.9% ;) I think the OASIS CLASS sub forum is the best idea. So much fits right there and its a short click into the main RC forum. I don't really want a sub forum for each class as they don't have as much unique as this class and I don't want to have to read that many sections.

I would understand cruise critic's decision if there were anything close to an even split on this issue.

Is there someone out there with a better understanding of this website than I who can post a poll on the main RCI website asking whether people would prefer an Oasis/Allure sub forum?

Or would cruise critic not allow such a poll?

I think that Laura explained it well in the post about the forum being merged. If you do it for one board then you have to do it for everyone. Where does it end? There have been sub forums in the past for new ships but after about six months of the ship entering service, CC rolls the thread into the main board of that cruise line. This is no different.

I think that Laura explained it well in the post about the forum being merged. If you do it for one board then you have to do it for everyone. Where does it end? There have been sub forums in the past for new ships but after about six months of the ship entering service, CC rolls the thread into the main board of that cruise line. This is no different.

So does that mean a poll can be posted, or that cruise critic won't allow it?

I tried to figure out how to post one, but I couldn't figure it out.

I would think the poll would get a good response. It might even lead the folks at cruise critic to reconsider their thread policies.

So does that mean a poll can be posted, or that cruise critic won't allow it?

I tried to figure out how to post one, but I couldn't figure it out.

I would think the poll would get a good response. It might even lead the folks at cruise critic to reconsider their thread policies.

I assume that you can place a poll on the board but I don't think it's going to change the mind of those in charge at CC.

I assume that you can place a poll on the board but I don't think it's going to change the mind of those in charge at CC.

Agreed. If a poll is up I'd be glad to answer it. But, I'm not putting up the poll. I have done as much as I'm going to do on this subject.

I'm a day late and a dollar short, but here are my thoughts and experiences. ;)

The problem as I see it....folks are unhappy when threads about Allure are moved into this forum...not enough traffic some say...then when CC are talking about puting all the RCCL threads into one forum...some are not happy as it means they will need to search for Allure threads....CC cant do right for doing wrong really...hard to please everyone. That is my personal opinion on this matter.

As one who posted about my Allure experience on the Royal boards only to have it moved to the subforum, I can tell you that I was slightly frustrated because of the intial lack of hits to my post (at last count there are over 50,000 - ultimately not a bad count! ;) ). I'm not one who needs attention, but writing a detailed review with pictures takes quite a bit of effort and time - it's nice when others notice. (BTW, there was some inconsistency about diverted posts... Radio, for example, posted his review under the main boards and it was never moved. He's one of the best on here so I assume the moderators didn't move it so others would find it easily. Maybe I'm wrong?)

Personally, I've always felt it should be the "Oasis Class" subforum or none at all. JMHO. ;)

Regardless of the rationale, I'm very happy to have Cruise Critic as a resource. Not to mention the wonderful people I've met here. :D

I have to admit I was one of those hoping to see an Oasis Class subforum. Given the number of passengers on these 2 ships, it made sense to me. Oh well.....posts on these ships will now get buried under the morass of information here. Such a shame.....

Archived