For those who scrapbook your cruises...

pampaul

I've been on 4 cruises so far and I have two booked as we speak. It seems as though I always take the same pictures while on board and then when I sit down to scrap them, everything looks the same from album to album.

I was thinking maybe we all could come up with a list of pages that are in your cruise album. I always have the same ole/same ole but maybe I'm forgetting some, who knows :confused3 So what are the pages that you always include in your album?

Boarding the ship (or waiting in the terminal)

Formal night

Pool

Restaurants/dinners

Life jacket

Cabin

Each island you stop at

Drink of the day

Maybe new friends that you've met

Those are the ones that I usually have, but do you have any others that you can contribute?

I have the same problem! Trying to come up with new ways to show our cruises is difficult!

I often put in a page of towel animals, but this time decided not to as they all look the same! I also have a page of the ship from each port, and our favorite bars. My girls got us hooked on taking pictures of ourselves in the theater each night, so I'll put all of those on one page too.

In Nassau last time we went to Ardastra and I did page on the flowers there... last week cruise to Bermuda we went to old town of St George and I will have a page "The Doors of St George" from all the buildings, some dating to 1600s. I incorporate a lot of nature photography and different textures into my pages (crackel paint, Copics). For Alaska which I have not finished (have 5 cruises left to do).. I did a page "It was a rocky day...." and did mini photos of all the rock formations around the glaciers and fjord in Tracy Arm which had very cool rock formations and waterfalls.

I actually do very few "ship" pages but tend to focus more on the destination. I also use Mosaic Moments for a lot of panoramas.

I do mine in chronological order, but I start with my journal. I write down where we went and what we did in my cruise journal but as soon as I get home I try to sit down and write up the entries while they are fresh in my mind. I include and add in things that I didn't record as I mentally go through the day and the excursions. Things like: interesting things I saw in the market, how hot it was and exhausted we were, all about the bus breaking down, :D, things like that.

Then I separate each day's record and that begins the entry for that port/excursion/sea day. I add pictures in and anything else that I find to add to it. I pick up napkins, matchbooks, etc to include with a picture of us at the restaurant.

So going through my scrapbook should relive the whole experience.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

as I posted on another tread...I keep a pre-cruise planning book and print out maps deck plans etc then journal in this everyday...

I scrap book chronologically but throw in a page about the muster drill/ i have pics of the crew dropping the life boats etc...it was really unique perspective. I also throw in an odd page about features of our ship and the deck plans go there as well...photos of unique statuary or art in the ship as well as pics of our room/balcony etc. I save everything I can get my hands on from brochures etc that have ships name/logo on them that I can use later to scrapbook... I also print out historical info on the ports we visited and put them in with pics from each port. Sand, tiny shells, bottle caps of unusual beer or sodas etc can add flair to each page. They somehow never turn out the same, because I often use what I've scavenged to make pages from.

Happy scrapping everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For something different on one of my cruises I took pictures of all the different signs you find on the ship. I was amazed at the ones I had never noticed before! It was fun to be able to scrapbook something different than the typical photos. :)

Also, a couple of years ago a local radio station had a pair of "traveling pants" that listeners could take on a vacation and then bring them back with the story of where they went. So, on my cruise, I took lots of my pictures with the traveling pants in various poses and locations - at dinner, with crew members, on a lounge chair, at the beach, etc. It ended up being a very fun scrapbook! You could do this with a picture of someone who wasn't able to go on the cruise, a stuffed animal, etc. It's a fun and different way to document the trip.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is food pictures. We live in a rural area and fancy dining is not normal for us, so I take a lot of food pictures. Some of the dessert presentations are like works of art. And, non-cruisers are amazed at the ice and food sculptures along with the dessert/chocolate/midnight buffets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for this thread. I've noticed my cruise scrapbooks are starting to look alike.

Some pages that I always include in my cruise scrapbook:

- Title page (normally with a full picture of the ship)

- Ship facts

- Our cabin

- Food

- Towel animals

- At least 2 pages for each of our ports

- Formal night

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My first cruise is coming up in March, and I'm very excited!! My question is, are you able to buy scrapbook paper, albums, etc on the cruise? I saw a scrapbook a friend of mine bought on her Alaska cruise, and it was really nice.

Yes you can buy scrapbooking supplies while onboard. I've been on 5 cruises so far with our 6th coming up in June. The only time I didn't buy scrapbooking stuff was on our first cruise (Norwegian Dawn 2006) I'm not sure if they sold that type of stuff back then or I just didn't see it.

But on each of the other cruises I was able to buy a 12x12 scrapbook album and a couple paper/embellishment packs. You will usually find this stuff right in the photo gallery area. I have also found a couple things inside the gift shop as well.

One thing that I like about the albums is that on the front cover there is an opening for a picture of the ship (or yourself, whatever you'd like) plus a opening for the name of the ship that you were on (those inserts come with the scrapbook)

• 3 weeks later...
Yes you can buy scrapbooking supplies while onboard. I've been on 5 cruises so far with our 6th coming up in June. The only time I didn't buy scrapbooking stuff was on our first cruise (Norwegian Dawn 2006) I'm not sure if they sold that type of stuff back then or I just didn't see it.

But on each of the other cruises I was able to buy a 12x12 scrapbook album and a couple paper/embellishment packs. You will usually find this stuff right in the photo gallery area. I have also found a couple things inside the gift shop as well

I am so glad you answered this. I was wondering myself and am excited to hear that I can buy scrapbook ing stuff on the ship. We are going on Oasis of the Seas in 3 weeks and cannot wait. It is everyone's first cruise except myself. I am sure we won't be disappointed!! :D

I took a scrap page (that had all letters in circle cut outs) took out the letters and cut it in an interesting design to hold all my capers...

Page5-vi-th.jpg

I got the shopping guides they give each night with the Capers, and use the map for each port page.

Page21-vi.jpg

My 4th cruise is upcoming, and currently I only have 1 scrapped. I'm in the middle of my 2nd cruise, but Alaska is a beast. So many spectacular photos, and adventures!

Archived