Vantage River Odyssey Cruising the Danube to the Black Sea

GiannaD

We are booked on a Vantage Deluxe World Travel Danube River cruise from Bucharest to Vienna in September and would be interested in hearing from people who have taken all or part of this itinerary. We would especially enjoy hearing from anyone who did this Vantage tour in 2011.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Hi Gianna - We did the same tour with Vantage this past September. You have to do the pre tour to Translylvania....

So much to tell you it might be better if you email me and I can get back to you with photos our our trip. It was great, but not as pretty as going from Amsterdam to Budapest. We did that one in 2005. Vantage does a great job, you will be pleased. Willard

WillardWKrieble@ij.net

I think I have a review of our 2007 trip posted somewhere on this forum. It was a great trip mainly because you go from the more poor countries towards the richer ones. The progression is also from the most Communist dominated countries to the lesser ones. Everyone you meet tells you how proud they are of what they've been able to accomplish so far and what they see as their future. It's also sobering to see the results of the breakup of Yugolsovia and the Bosnian-Croation war that resulted. Perhaps it is not as "lovely" as Vienna to Amsterdam but you'll learn a lot more and have an appreciaton of what Eastern Europe has gone through. I found our Vantage program managers very well versed in the culture and politics of these countries (where many of them are from) and able to answer questions and provide background to what you are seeing. Lastly, the staff on the Vantage river cruises are outstanding and make your trip very enjoyable. I may go back and do this itinerary again some day.

• 4 months later...
We are booked on a Vantage Deluxe World Travel Danube River cruise from Bucharest to Vienna in September and would be interested in hearing from people who have taken all or part of this itinerary. We would especially enjoy hearing from anyone who did this Vantage tour in 2011.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

This is one I want to take,,but concerned about Vantage,,,my TA said they don t book them,,due to its a "direct marketing company" and sort of leary,,,

What was the ship,food,service,etc....all details PLEASE,,,would really be appreciated...

Any TA s out there,,,what does this mean in terms of safety of booking,,etc.??

This is one I want to take,,but concerned about Vantage,,,my TA said they don t book them,,due to its a "direct marketing company" and sort of leary,,,

What was the ship,food,service,etc....all details PLEASE,,,would really be appreciated...

Any TA s out there,,,what does this mean in terms of safety of booking,,etc.??

From my understanding Vantage is their own TA. They are basically a tour company that has their own river ships. Most, if not all, other TA's do not book with them. Outside of occassional problems with their customer service (I had problems with the customer service but it was cleared up) the cruises and tours are top notch. My guess the reason for other TA's not booking with them is the wait time when you call Vantage. Unless your timing is right the wait time on the phone is about 20 minutes before someone picks up. You hear lot's of Frank Sinatra and similar while waiting. That can get irritating.

I wouldn't worry.

Archived