Cruise Critic Community
EJNutz

2012 Olympics. Have you got your tickets?

Now that round 2 of Olympic Ticket sales are nearly over, have you been lucky to obtain any tickets? If so what events did you get tickets for? And what do you think of the procedure in buying tickets?

No but i never applied, not really intrested

same here ,don't think i will watch many events on t.v.other than football.:)

We applied in the first round for several athletics and cycling sessions...but unfortunately didn't get any.:( We didn't bother in the second round as there wasn't anything left of much interest.

We got a couple of Equestrian tickets for Greenwich Park - also applied for some athletics tickets but no chance there. Plus missed out on any athletics leftovers in the second chance round of course. Would still like to go to the Olympic Park...

DH applied for tickets for Fencing, with a view to sending DD. She also applied and missed out, and is pretty disappointed. She doesn't know that we got two tickets (her boyfriend also fences so I suspect she'll take him) so we're planning to give them to her as part of her 21st present in February. I think she'll be even more pleased after thinking she'd missed out!

Apart from that we didn't apply for anything and didn't really want to go to anything else! We will watch some of it on TV, and I know some of the people involved in staging the big ceremonies, so that will be interesting.

What fascinates me is that you get a number of Brits all excited and looking forward to the Games = then there are an other group who couldn't care less and are thinking of going on holiday/cruise to get away from it all.

What fascinates me is that you get a number of Brits all excited and looking forward to the Games = then there are an other group who couldn't care less and are thinking of going on holiday/cruise to get away from it all.

how right you are and i'm one of the couldn't care less lot.for a start they are miles away from my home town.

as for the people who are excited about the games comming to england .i have no quams about there excitment hope they get the tickets but i doubt that very much as all the v.i.ps have to be catered for,hanger ons etc get tickets first, then joe public gets the rest.

sorry they are not my cup of tea.

yes i would rather go on a cruise than go to the games( by the way i couldn't tell you when they start)but not to get away from the games as i live far enough away anyway.

Edited by andy mac

Read scottish sunday mail that the football at hampden park tickets are not selling.sorry again as scotland won't be playing i, like a lot of scots i'm not interested.

It's the same story for us - we applied for lots of things in the Olympic Stadium, but got nothing.

We have got tickets for tennis (at Wimbledon), hockey and football at Old Trafford.

It's the same story for us - we applied for lots of things in the Olympic Stadium, but got nothing.

We have got tickets for tennis (at Wimbledon), hockey and football at Old Trafford.

We've got tickets for old trafford too! And the football quarter finals at Wembley the following weekend - my son is beside himself with excitement.

To make the most of the (very) expensive cost of going to these events (when you add on train fares and hotels), we are making a weekend of it up in Manchester and, after Wembley, we are going back into London to see Blood Brothers before catching a midnight train back home - can't wait :)

As a result of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, Euros and Olympics, we have put back our cruise until September, which is late for us, but can't be helped when there are so many exciting things happening this year!