Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kim826

Just back from the Legend of the Seas

Back yesterday from an 11-day cruise to Hawaii from Ensenda. The service and staff were wonderful! We really enjoyed the ship. The passengers seemed to be mostly retired. There were 37 kids (total) on the ship. My only complaint would be the food. We went on the Nordic Empress (before it became the Empress of the Seas) last March. We found the food quality to be much poorer -- and we really aren't fussy people. Desserts were bland (although some good ones were available on some nights) -- believe me I tried them all :) A couple of nights there weren't any appealing entrees so I ordered the steak from the daily alternative list. Very "chewy". All in all though a wonderful cruise. I can't say enough about the staff and service.

We did the cruise before you, 2/20 full Panama transit from Fort lauderdale. We wondered what lucky people would be getting on when we got off. I posted a full report if you are interested so I might just bring it to the top of this board for you or search by my username. I would be interested if you agree. In that report I mentioned that the food was great not excellent. Steaks were not cooked the same throughout.

Cheers

Alan