Online Pre-Book Entertainment & Flowrider Lessons-Freedom

Thanks for the information. I was just at the site and it does not indicate any place that you can prebook the shows / entertainment. I did see where you can reserve shore excursions, wine packages, spa treatments, etc. I was able to have our luggage tags mailed to our homes (my sister and I are cruising together from different states). Thanks again for this info. :D

Just heard it is now working and some people have been able to prebook their shows for the Freedom of the Seas.:D

Hi Liz,

Checked ours yesterday, "Entertainment & Flowrider Lessons" are up but not able to book yet for October 2nd sailing. Says come back when it's 2 months to go. :D

What is the the advantage to pre-booking? Not so much the ice show, but the others?

For the ice show, as you already said, there is an advantage. As for the other shows, I don't see any advantage. I pre-booked them anyway, as it adds to the excitement of cruising :D

Cindy

:D:DIt worked!:D I was able to book all the shows listed w/no problems. I'm hoping that we will be able to make all of them or should I say, stay awake for all of them. :p I remember get sleepy EARLY on our last cruise. :rolleyes:Of course, I had a 3 and 6 year old back then!

Hurry Up, October!!!

We sailed on FOS in June, the only show that was full was the Magic Show. We waited in line for tickets to the ice show even that was full.

I hope they don't start making you pre-order tickets. Does anyone know if they are going to do Saturday Night Fever on the FOS?

You will be able to pre-reserve Shows -

Once Upon A Time, Marquee, Now You See It, Headliner & The Freedom Ice Show.

We have just returned from a back to back on Freedom where the system changed between our two weeks! One week we didn't need the reservations and the second week we did.

At the beginning of our second week we were asked at a designated time to go down to On Air to reserve our spaces. This was announced and also included in the Compass. We only had to have one person from our party and we were also able to reserve spaces for people in other staterooms (if you knew the number). While waiting in the line, we were given a piece of paper to look at and then a member of staff helped 'highlight' which shows we wanted so that when we got to the 'booking office' (three laptops) we were able to say which show we would like.

The bookings only allow you access to the theatre or ice show earlier than those who haven't booked. If you do not arrive before 15 minutes before the show starts, then your reservations are open for others. You are not guaranteed a certain seat but you do have to have your Seapass with you to be scanned (this checks your booking). I think you can give your cabin number if needed.

Because of the changes from our first week to second week, we did ask the staff the reasons for the change. They explained that it is to allow passengers to plan their whole weeks and to bring all ships in line with the larger ones (ie Oasis). One staff member did admit that such reserversations weren't really necessary for most shows on the Freedom class ships but again, it was to bring them in line with others. Even during the second week, there were times that the shows were not to capacity right up until the beginning of the show. The only show that seemed always to be busy were the ice shows.

I am not sure how long they will have the 'box office' available on the ship. My guess would be for quite sometime until people get used to pre booking.

I hope this helps and the information we gathered is correct!!

One of the advantages is that they let all passengers that have prebooked in 15 minutes before the scheduled show. This way you can get some of the better seats in the middle of the theater. The sides are always open with plenty of seats, but you are looking sideways.

The magic show was the hardest to get into. There was standing lines (hoards) of people on the sides of the theater of people waiting to get in at 8:30, but unless your seapass card had not had the reservation, they would not let you in until 8:45 and then it was like a small stampede of people rushing in. But that show as worth getting there early and being in the front lower level. My sister got the side and sad it was hard to watch from the side.

The other shows there are a LOT of empty seats. I had done the prebooking on all the shows, so never had a issue.

Yes, they have two different ways now on the Flowrider to get quality time. One is as you just said, you can rent the Flowrider for 1 hour for $300 and bring as many family members as you want.

The other way is how we did it. In the morning, they usually have private time right after the two normal sessions 8-10 am. They then have private time scheduled from 10 to 12 noon. If they haven't sold it to a family yet, they will offer it up for $60 per person. When my son did it on Day 4 (in port in Jamaica), they had 4 sign up for the $60 per person and they did it from 10:30am to 11:30 am. The instructors actually get out in the water with the kids and help them do tricks and was the best time my son had. Each one of them was really tired after doing it. I counted that he actually did it 11 times in that hour. :D

DSC_1135.jpg

The next time during normal operation, he did it 2 times in an hour. :cool:

In the morning the flowrider is the best to get on, the kids usually sleep and don't start getting there until around noon.

Archived