Explorer June 23, 2011 Review

Johnneo, we are considering booking 9248 on explorer- would you recommend it? Any noise from above? Issues with location? How was the size, isit really worth upgrading from regular balcony?

Thanks!

9248 was very nice. I believe above you on deck 10 are suites, and maybe some Jr Suites, never heard a peep from above, or anywhere else for that matter. Hallway was also quiet, thankfully.

We had 3 in the cabin ..... me DW, and 15 YO son, so it was nice having the "living room" and a walk in closet which you could literally use as a dressing room.

To us, it was definately worth it. Also, from deck 9 to pool, WJ was only two flights, so we never had to use the elevators.

• 3 months later...
Tom, I think you got the short straw as far as wait staff. We had a wonderful waiter and ass't waiter. My husband had 2 sodas waiting for him every evening and one of the kids at our table always got his chocolate milk right away. On the first night we asked for savory bites and for the rest of the cruise we had a small basket of savory bites waiting for us every night.

Lori

What are savory bites

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks johneeo for taking the time to post all those amazing pictures and write your thoughts, I enjoyed reading. It sounds and looks like you and your group had a wonderful time and I am glad. I will be on EOS for Halloween this year and it will be my first with RCCL. I am very much looking forward to it.

I also would like to know what savory bites are?

Thanks johneeo for taking the time to post all those amazing pictures and write your thoughts, I enjoyed reading. It sounds and looks like you and your group had a wonderful time and I am glad. I will be on EOS for Halloween this year and it will be my first with RCCL. I am very much looking forward to it.

I also would like to know what savory bites are?

Hmm, the thread rises from the dead.

EOS is a sensational ship in my opinion. Great crew, and the passenger mix is somewhat unique, pretty much all mid-Atlantic types, and experienced.

As for savory bites, I have no idea.

Thanx for the compliments. Cannot wait to do my review on the Oasis.

i stumbled across this through your signature link and thought it was great, wonderful pictures and a great review, thanks for posting.

Thanx for the compliments.

It was one of the best vacations ever, could not describe how incredibly perfect it was.

I know that this is a resurrected thread, but I enjoyed it none the less!!! Pictures are wonderful, you have a great eye!

Just yesterday I booked an Explorer 9-nighter motorcycle cruise out of Bayonne. Can't wait!!!!!

I know that this is a resurrected thread, but I enjoyed it none the less!!! Pictures are wonderful, you have a great eye!

Just yesterday I booked an Explorer 9-nighter motorcycle cruise out of Bayonne. Can't wait!!!!!

When you take literally thousands of pix, rule of averages, some will turn out OK.;)

Our cruise (as I am sure you saw from the review) was a motorcylcle cruise. Just wondering, what is all involved with that? Gotta cost some bucks I would imagine.

You will have a great time, I absolutely had the time of my life. And 9 days is soooooooo sweet. Day 7 ends, and you have 2 more magnificent sea days to sit back and cruise home.

When you take literally thousands of pix, rule of averages, some will turn out OK.;)

Our cruise (as I am sure you saw from the review) was a motorcylcle cruise. Just wondering, what is all involved with that? Gotta cost some bucks I would imagine.

You will have a great time, I absolutely had the time of my life. And 9 days is soooooooo sweet. Day 7 ends, and you have 2 more magnificent sea days to sit back and cruise home.

For our balcony, it's approx $100 PP more expensive for the cruise itself. There is a charge, per bike, that must be paid. It includes fuel in the ports (you are to have no more than 1/4 tank of gas to board the ship), insurance, permits, etc. Our 9-nighter with 4 ports is $275.

So, basically our cruise will be about $500 more than if we left our bike at home.

What are savory bites
very small rolls, covered with little black seeds that are usually served at dinner. A couple of bites and they are gone. Some people can't get enough of them.

We are going on Explorer in July, we have not been on RC in 8 years been on Princess after having been on the Nordic Empress four times and am a little nervous so hearing such a good review makes me feel better..Can't wait now to be on Explorer.

We are going on Explorer in July, we have not been on RC in 8 years been on Princess after having been on the Nordic Empress four times and am a little nervous so hearing such a good review makes me feel better..Can't wait now to be on Explorer.

Having been on EOS twice, there is no way you cannot have a fantastic time.

Really a great ship, great crew, and from my experience, brings a very good passenger group.

• 3 weeks later...
very small rolls, covered with little black seeds that are usually served at dinner. A couple of bites and they are gone. Some people can't get enough of them.

The "some people" that Marc refers to is probably my bride, Joan. I swear she could forgo the rest of dinner and sit and eat savory bites all night. Anything that makes her happy has to be pretty special. Excluding me, of course.

The "some people" that Marc refers to is probably my bride, Joan. I swear she could forgo the rest of dinner and sit and eat savory bites all night. Anything that makes her happy has to be pretty special. Excluding me, of course.

Just wanted to say that I love your American FIag quote. So true.

Celebrity, thanks. Kind of appropriate on Armed Forces Day. The Marc that I refer to in my post and I are both Vets and have a strong feeling for our country and flag.

Our years may have caught up with us but we will always share that feeling with each and every person who puts on the uniform.

Safe and Happy cruising to you.

• 4 weeks later...
Just want to say Johneeo - was on EOS 5/2009 and your wonderful review brought back wonderful memories - you were spot on in your review! Only thing I would say different - 9 nights wasn't enough!

Thanx.

It was great practice for my upcoming Oasis cruise.

We were on the June 9-18 cruise a couple weeks back, and during the Q&A the Captain was unequivocal that the Explorer was leaving Bayonne in April 2013. He also hinted very strongly that Bayonne would be the eventual home of the first Sunshine class ship.

How is that possible?

I'm booked on Explorer of the Seas for May 2013.

Does Royal Caribbean HQ know something I don't ?? :confused: :eek:

Loved your review, we just got back from the same cruise and really enjoyed your pictures and running comintary let me know your next cruises so I know what to expect. I am doing Canada on the Enchanment in October and Alaska on Radiance next May got any Pictures or reviews so I can be prepared for all the fun to be had?

Archived