Who is cruising in October 2011?

dvg1027

I think that is what this board is for- to share the ups and downs. So anytime you need to cry- go ahead.:o

Your husband should be proud of you, he has every right. You ARE doing something to better your health, mental and physical! :) This is not an easy road and it is filled with many bumps. I'm sorry that yesterday was a sad day for you. I hope that today you find new strength!

Question?

How much water do you try to drink a day, maybe I need more.

I try for at least 3 of those 33oz bottles.

Should I do more?

Wow!!! Thats a lot of water good for you. I have made it a habit not to drink anything after 7pm. but before that I drink 6- 8oz.glasses during the day starting with 8oz. before I start an exercise routine. I got a bit of a wake up call yesterday. I told my daughter I felt lighter but the mirror sure does'nt confirm that. Well her answer startled me and sure did make me stand at attention. She said " Mom you dress like your fat, you wear loose fitting to big of tops, and compfy elastic waist pants/shorts ect. Dresses that hide fat". " Wear clothes that fit you, maybe even a little snug, (which by the way will help remind you of portion control when you eat)". Well, she was right. But I am not going to run out and buy new clothes but it sure has my thinking cap running in high gear. Jewelry and scarfs maybe will draw attention to your face not your belley, but the mirror will sure tell the truth. Working on being thinner. Hard depressing, But Damit we all can do it. Lets go friends, lets all loose before Monday. Sandy

Wow!!! Thats a lot of water good for you. I have made it a habit not to drink anything after 7pm. but before that I drink 6- 8oz.glasses during the day starting with 8oz. before I start an exercise routine. I got a bit of a wake up call yesterday. I told my daughter I felt lighter but the mirror sure does'nt confirm that. Well her answer startled me and sure did make me stand at attention. She said " Mom you dress like your fat, you wear loose fitting to big of tops, and compfy elastic waist pants/shorts ect. Dresses that hide fat". " Wear clothes that fit you, maybe even a little snug, (which by the way will help remind you of portion control when you eat)". Well, she was right. But I am not going to run out and buy new clothes but it sure has my thinking cap running in high gear. Jewelry and scarfs maybe will draw attention to your face not your belley, but the mirror will sure tell the truth. Working on being thinner. Hard depressing, But Damit we all can do it. Lets go friends, lets all loose before Monday. Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Yes think your daughter is likely right on target, we took to wearing loose fitting things and now we have to try and remember to tuck in our tops, wear a belt, etc. so you can see we have a waist again. I feel like I'm losing too, but have not dropped a pound in days. I just keep plugging away though, about all I can do and keep trying to eat healthier. I just don't agree with "slightly snug" in the clothes talk; I prefer never to wear anything that pulls or looks too tight...just my own opinion.

Hi Sandy,

Yes think your daughter is likely right on target, we took to wearing loose fitting things and now we have to try and remember to tuck in our tops, wear a belt, etc. so you can see we have a waist again. I feel like I'm losing too, but have not dropped a pound in days. I just keep plugging away though, about all I can do and keep trying to eat healthier. I just don't agree with "slightly snug" in the clothes talk; I prefer never to wear anything that pulls or looks too tight...just my own opinion.

I don't like the snug clotes eaither, that is why I am not buying any new clothes until I feel I am comfortable with my weight. I hate the bulges. But I am quilty of wearing lots of black and loose fitting tops, order some things out of a PLUS size mag. and those are the clothes my daughter is talking about. Very comfy tho. So we must be losing somewhere as I sure feel lighter. Thanks for your encouragement. Sandy

I don't like the snug clotes eaither, that is why I am not buying any new clothes until I feel I am comfortable with my weight. I hate the bulges. But I am quilty of wearing lots of black and loose fitting tops, order some things out of a PLUS size mag. and those are the clothes my daughter is talking about. Very comfy tho. So we must be losing somewhere as I sure feel lighter. Thanks for your encouragement. Sandy

Sandy, We each have to do what we feel best about when it comes to what we wear. I still wear some loose things, just for comfort in this heat but I also wear things tucked in now. I do think half our problem is our own self image, we still think we are "fat" and yet the weight you've lost is terrific! I also like black, but wear colors a lot too. I will always think black is slimming, I don't care what anyone else says. You just keep on with what you are doing and don't let anyone get you off track. I just made a huge salad and while the men eat mac and cheese tonight, I will just eat more salad! :p Our son is here and he loves mac and cheese so I made a huge dish last night and will warm it up for him and my husband. We also are having eggplant, which I hear is really good for you and I've begun leaving the skin on instead of peeling it like I normally would.

We need to encourage each other, that is what these boards are all about.:cool:

Sandy, We each have to do what we feel best about when it comes to what we wear. I still wear some loose things, just for comfort in this heat but I also wear things tucked in now. I do think half our problem is our own self image, we still think we are "fat" and yet the weight you've lost is terrific! I also like black, but wear colors a lot too. I will always think black is slimming, I don't care what anyone else says. You just keep on with what you are doing and don't let anyone get you off track. I just made a huge salad and while the men eat mac and cheese tonight, I will just eat more salad! :p Our son is here and he loves mac and cheese so I made a huge dish last night and will warm it up for him and my husband. We also are having eggplant, which I hear is really good for you and I've begun leaving the skin on instead of peeling it like I normally would.

We need to encourage each other, that is what these boards are all about.:cool:

Try Annie's Organic Mac and Cheese (yes it is not homemade) but it is not that bad. The trainer that I use (only listen to his tapes) says all Annie products are good for life style changes. They have the right type of whole wheat, low in sugar and if it has sugar it is the evaporate cane juice which is what he recommends, it does not spike yout sugar levels.

My grandbabies and son die over the Alfredo Shells and Cheddar one.

Lisa

I am just fine not having mac and cheese, bread, etc. most of the time but I will take a look at this kind and see what I think. I do keep whole wheat pasta but DH doesn't like it so I don't make it often. Once in a while when I make spagetti I mix whole wheat and regular pasta (he doesn't seem to notice when I do that). As I've said before, it's not so much a diet as just a lifestyle change for me and I think I've gotten it into my head by now. I'm not saying I completely forgo all the good things, I just allow myself a little now and then so I don't feel deprived. Thanks Lisa for your idea of the better type of mac and cheese. ;)

How is everyone doing.? I've sure been busy and this heat is really dragging me down. No pounds to report having lost. Still just bouncing up and down and getting a wee bit discouraged though I try to tell myself what I've already lost was still an achievement.:D

Hope everyone is sticking to the course and have a great day!:)

Had a family reunion Sunday, and oh all those fabulous salads. Felt so quilty about all the food intake I exercised twice on Monday. I plan on weighing in Thursday morning so trying like heck to at least show some progress then. A friend bought some Spanx to help her lokk good in the dresses she's bought that seems to be the rage these days. ( She works and has a hard time staying on course with exercising). Anyway she is disappointed in her spanx investment that I may be able to convince her to actually get serious about exercising even if it is just watching calories. We have eaten our first cucmbers and tomatoes out of our garden. I am so happy with those fresh fruits and veggies it sure helps. Hang in there gals, Oct. is getting closer real quick. Sandy

I did not do that great this month, but I going to stick with something is better than nothing.

Only 69 days until my cruise in OCT.

I wish everyone better luck than I've been having.

Lisa

I did not do that great this month, but I going to stick with something is better than nothing.

Lisa

I'm going to add that i do weigh less now than i did at my son's wedding 5 years ago. I plan on wearing the same suit on one of the formal nights.

Picture of me and my husband

360953-R1-07-17.jpg.0ee93b352186b55ad35326f8fb74f98a.jpg

See that you all are trying so hard to

stay healthy and lose some weight.

Good for you!

Just to remind you..there is a Weigh-In

thread every Thursday. It's open to

everyone on The Lose Before You Cruise

Board. Keeps you accountable. Plus

it's nice to see how everyone is doing, tips

in what your doing. Helps us all!

Hope to see you there.

Lisa

Hey Lisa, Don't give up!!:) I haven't done terrific for about a month either, but I'm sticking with it as much as I can. The heat is bad for me

so I'm not walking and not actually exercising any. I have a few more days than you do till our cruise and it doesn't appear I'll get into those beaded shells I wanted to take. But my weight is down and I can wear a lot of other things I had not been able to wear so I'm happy with that.

Also you mentioned in a follow up post that you can now wear the dress you wore to the wedding! That is great!!!

Just keep plugging away and you will eventually see some loss! We can do this gang!!!!:):D

See that you all are trying so hard to

stay healthy and lose some weight.

Good for you!

Just to remind you..there is a Weigh-In

thread every Thursday. It's open to

everyone on The Lose Before You Cruise

Board. Keeps you accountable. Plus

it's nice to see how everyone is doing, tips

in what your doing. Helps us all!

Hope to see you there.

My Thursday weigh in was, well kinda disappointing. Lost 3lbs. must have been water as my tape measurements sure didnot change. But I am still working at getting those unwanted pounds off. Good luck to all of us. hope everyone has a nice weekend. Sandy

My Thursday weigh in was, well kinda disappointing. Lost 3lbs. must have been water as my tape measurements sure didnot change. But I am still working at getting those unwanted pounds off. Good luck to all of us. hope everyone has a nice weekend. Sandy

Well another Friday and the scales haven't budged for another whole week. I actually thought yesterday I was down 1/2 lb but it wasn't there this morning. Just in from working in the yard, those weeds are thriving in all this hot sun and summer heat!!!!:mad: I'm still doing my best to eat healthy and limit my sweets. Just keep plugging away gals and guys (if there are any guys on here :confused:) and we will eventually get someplace. Maybe we won't reach the goal we each have in mind but just the fact we are trying to eat healthier meals is always a good thing!

Have a great weekend!

Great thread! So glad I found it while cruising the board this morning. I'm 57 and started the South Beach Diet recently. The first 2 days were awful, but my husband and I are doing it together so we supported each other through the withdrawal process. Ugggghhh! I'm down 6 pounds and one pant size. My goal is to lose another 10 and to stabilize there for a while. (I do not expect to lose 10 before the October cruise, but that's ok).

I'm following the book to the "t" and am doing a 20 minute walk daily. Prior to this I would walk for longer, but not every day. Now on my lunch break I can get out an do the 20 minutes easily.

The food prep does take some work, but hubby does that. All I do is make hard boiled eggs to take for breakfast. Easy peasy.

The amazing thing is I feel GREAT!

Congrats to all. Such inspiration here!:D

Great thread! So glad I found it while cruising the board this morning. I'm 57 and started the South Beach Diet recently. The first 2 days were awful, but my husband and I are doing it together so we supported each other through the withdrawal process. Ugggghhh! I'm down 6 pounds and one pant size. My goal is to lose another 10 and to stabilize there for a while. (I do not expect to lose 10 before the October cruise, but that's ok).

I'm following the book to the "t" and am doing a 20 minute walk daily. Prior to this I would walk for longer, but not every day. Now on my lunch break I can get out an do the 20 minutes easily.

The food prep does take some work, but hubby does that. All I do is make hard boiled eggs to take for breakfast. Easy peasy.

The amazing thing is I feel GREAT!

Congrats to all. Such inspiration here!:D

I started on South Beach, then sort of slipped away. So thanks to you I plan to get my book out and get back on it. I have a lot I want to lose but have been sort of stuck, so I'm now thinking I'll follow SB really closely. It is great your husband is dieting with you. Mine won't though he acts like it's okay with him that I am following whatever.

Glad you are feeling good; I never had any withdrawal symptoms at all so think this is what I need to get me going again. Thanks for posting and jogging my memory that I can do it on SB. Think you will find lots of encouragement on this thread so keep coming back.:)

Hi Babs,

Go for it! The first 2 weeks were so difficult for me because I like wine, caffeine and sugar-all are off limits. I had withdrawal, but it's gone now.

I've lost another pound and my husband is also steadily losing, but he doesn't weigh himself often and doesn't share it when he does. Probably doesn't want to discourage me-men lose faster than women..grrrr.

What we noticed yesterday is how many vegetables we are eating! We had spinach stuffed mushrooms, pureed cauliflower, tossed salad and steak for dinner last night. Not too tough to take!

You can be my SB buddy!

Hi Babs,

Go for it! The first 2 weeks were so difficult for me because I like wine, caffeine and sugar-all are off limits. I had withdrawal, but it's gone now.

I've lost another pound and my husband is also steadily losing, but he doesn't weigh himself often and doesn't share it when he does. Probably doesn't want to discourage me-men lose faster than women..grrrr.

What we noticed yesterday is how many vegetables we are eating! We had spinach stuffed mushrooms, pureed cauliflower, tossed salad and steak for dinner last night. Not too tough to take!

You can be my SB buddy!

Hey Annie that sounds great!!! When I first began this journey I did SB; then just sort of drifted away, still eating healthy but have not been losing any weight. So yesterday...no the day before ...I said "time to get in gear again" and I'm trying. Oh I love wine, chocolate and anything sweet to be truthful. Friday, when I sort of began again, I ate pretty healthy but we had friends in for drinks so I had a couple small glasses of wine. I've just been "stuck" at this one number on the scales and all I've done is bounce up and down...oh maybe two pounds or so...Up one day, down the next..but honestly losing nothing for weeks now. So that is why I said I've got to get in gear and try to get some more "blubber" off me before we begin our trips this fall. Have you ever tried that one dessert where you take Ricotta cheese, and cocoa powder, artificial sweetner, etc.? I've got some Ricotta cheese and am considering trying that recipe. For right now, I'm going to make myself some sugar free jello and thank heavens for homegrown tomatoes. I'm eating them about every meal. Keep forgetting to buy tomato juice so eating a tomato is just as good I figure.

Keep up the good work and hopefully in two weeks I will be able to say "I'm down"! Wore slacks to church this a.m. and they are so baggy, I almost hated to wear them. Not that old either, so looks like I'm going to have to buy all new clothes one of these days!:eek: I'll be honored to be your SB buddy!;)

Hello Annie (my SB buddy) and everyone else. Well I only have a small loss to report but the way my scales hasn't moved in weeks and weeks, I'm thrilled. ;) Just a while ago, I decided to jump on my scales; I did so and it appears I'm finally over that hump. I've been stuck...bouncing back and forth....between 163 and 161 for weeks now. The scales (which I have to admit is really old) went down below 160, just a bit, but I'm guessing I must be down at least a pound or a pound and a half!!!!:D

I went back, seriously, on South Beach on Friday. Will admit Friday wasn't the best day, as we had company in and I did have a couple small glasses of wine...so actually today is only day three of me being back on SB.I've been drinking loads of water so hopefully that is helping me a lot. I want so very much to drop another five to ten pounds before we leave home on or about the 20th of September and if it will just cool off a bit so we can get outside and do more walking, I just may make it. Anyhow today I am pumped and so happy.:cool: I just wanted that scales to finally dip below 160 and it finally has. Now if I can just keep it below and then on down to below 150, I will feel so great!

Hang in there everyone and keep your head held high and your goal in sight!!!:)

wooowwoo, congrats. There is hope for us all. I feel I have lost but will know better Thursday. Developed a plantaritist(sp) in my right foot so there went the walking. The Dr. said it was from wearing thongs all summer. He told me to throw them out and only wear shoes that have a back. Has any of you experienced this painful problem.????? I just won't be on the treadmill or walk for a while but will continue my floor exercises. Bike, and healthrider. I am determined to loose before we sail. Sandy

wooowwoo, congrats. There is hope for us all. I feel I have lost but will know better Thursday. Developed a plantaritist(sp) in my right foot so there went the walking. The Dr. said it was from wearing thongs all summer. He told me to throw them out and only wear shoes that have a back. Has any of you experienced this painful problem.????? I just won't be on the treadmill or walk for a while but will continue my floor exercises. Bike, and healthrider. I am determined to loose before we sail. Sandy

Sandy, sure sorry to hear about your right foot. I'm sure that is painful.

Just try and take it easy for a while.:eek:

Yep, never give up, there is always hope!! I was down on myself because I wasn't losing anything; just hope tomorrow the scales is not back up again...but I'm thinking "positive thoughts".;) If my scales is still at 159 tomorrow, then that will be a total of 21 pounds lost or 84 sticks of butter!!!

I would also like to join your group. I am 59 years old, living in southwest Florida, and cruising in October (well, barely - we leave on the 30th, so I have a few more days than most of you). This is not the first time I have needed to lose weight :( I saw a thread on the Carnival board that mentioned the 17-day diet, researched it, and started on Monday. My problem is my addiction to carbs, but I haven't been able to force myself to do anything about it until now. The diet plan is appealing to me, and going well so far. There are just enough carbs included in the first cycle that I haven't been miserable with withdrawal, I have more energy and feel good generally. I think it will be helpful to have others to share with, and my age group seems to be well represented here :D I accidentally cheated this afternoon - after I had my hair cut, I automatically took a few mini Tootsie Rolls from the jar on the counter. I had the second one in my mouth on the way home when I remembered, and actually spit it out. Hope I made up for it by walking half an hour in the rain tonight. It did make me wonder just how much I was eating without even noticing.

WTG Babs (SB Buddy!). That is fantastic. So glad the scales are moving down for you! Most importantly of soon you'll see changes in how your clothes fit. My hubby and I are enjoying SB and do not feel deprived. In fact, some of the meals are so good I'd serve them to company. We're going by the book and are making all the recipes. Every night is an adventure in dining!

Sandy,

Sorry about the foot. That's a bummer. Don't let it get you down--keep doing any kind of exercise you can do. Weight training is really good for you-builds muscle, which revs up your metabolism. Hope the foot is better soon.

Here's to a good weight loss week!:D

Just a quick note tonight, I need to get to bed. Had a terrible night last night, didn't get much sleep so have not felt good all day. It did turn cooler and I got a lot of outside work done, so that was good.;)

Oh I've already seen how much looser my clothes are Annie; even had to take some of them up already. Just seemed I was stuck on that one or two numbers but now it is slowly going down. Today it even looked like maybe another half pound. I will weigh more carefully tomorrow and hopefully with my eyes more open. So good night all and more tomorrow after hopefully a decent night's sleep.:p

Almost forgot, I did try the Ricotta cheese thing; two different ways. Not bad but that cheese is just a bit grainy for my taste. I might make it again but for now think I'll stick with the sugar free jello!

Archived