What's your favorite thing about the Carnival Sensation?

Kay129

JUDYKA & PHINFAN63: Thank you so much for the congrats! It was QUITE a shocker! LOL

As far as the Sensation goes . . . honestly, I had a wonderful time and would recommend it to anyone! :)

The rocking of the ship was not bad at all ~ I think it was worse on the Conquest, actually. Yes, it rocks back and forth but it isn't bad. You'll find yourself meeting lots more people that way as you giggle at each other trying to maneuver your way down the hallway. No matter how hard you try, you can't make THAT look sophisticated! :D

The sewage smell wasn't very bad, either. At certain times, you might notice it more than others but it's not unbearable (and if anyone could find a smell, it would be me!). You might take a small air freshener just to make you more comfortable, if you're worried.

The only thing I wish I had listened to was to take a surge protector ~ I had my toothbrush plugged in the bathroom and it burned out the charging base. Luckily, all it took was a call to the company and they sent a new replacement base to us. So, if you have anything to plug in that could possible burn out, take a power strip with a surge protector ~ MUCH cheaper than replacing things. :)

Have a great trip!

Wow this is good stuff....I never find much info out about the Sensation, its always the newer ships everyone talks about! We leave in 2 weeks and can't wait!!! We are a group of 4 girls in our mid-twenties and I just hope this cruise attracts some others in our age group!! Or at least in our mind-set! :)

Hi Kallie! We'll be on the same cruise. My nephew will be turning 17 on your birthday!! :D

Kitty -

how fun...how many in your group. We have two families with two teenagers 14 girl and 15 boy (my son). Tell your nephew We will have to toast our birthdays me alcohol and him non- alcohol. What is your dining time?

We are leaving on Saturday morning flying out of Chicago to NOl for a few days before we sail.

8 days to go......

Kallie05- We will be joining you on the Sensation on the 4th!!!! Going without the kids!!! We plan to have a great time as well!

Kim,

I can't wait...Just you and your Dh are going? Is this your first cruise as well? what dining time do you have.. We are going to have so much.

See ya there.

They have it sometimes on the buffet... to be honest, tried it on both cruises and it really wasn't good... If you are used to good sushi, I would guess you wouldn't care for it... just my opinion though...

Im also leaving on the sensation in april and I cant wait, I log in every day just to see how long until my cruise. Whats nice is my everthing except my misc expenses are already paid for. Have 2 excursions booked. Kohunlich mayan ruins and the begginners scuba in cozumel. Also planning on some shopping in cozumel also. One thing I'm a little nervous about is that im going as an single. Hope I dont have any problems hooking up with people on ship and for the shopping I was talking about. Also I have heard its cheaper to take a taxi back and froth from the ship in new orleans. Anyone know about how much they run???

Im also leaving on the sensation in april and I cant wait, I log in every day just to see how long until my cruise. Whats nice is my everthing except my misc expenses are already paid for. Have 2 excursions booked. Kohunlich mayan ruins and the begginners scuba in cozumel. Also planning on some shopping in cozumel also. One thing I'm a little nervous about is that im going as an single. Hope I dont have any problems hooking up with people on ship and for the shopping I was talking about. Also I have heard its cheaper to take a taxi back and froth from the ship in new orleans. Anyone know about how much they run???

vinman,

I don't know where you are staying in NOL or if you are referring to the airport. we are staying on canal street and it's going to cost us around $7.00 to get from our hotel to the terminal port.

Kitty -

how fun...how many in your group. We have two families with two teenagers 14 girl and 15 boy (my son). Tell your nephew We will have to toast our birthdays me alcohol and him non- alcohol. What is your dining time?

We are leaving on Saturday morning flying out of Chicago to NOl for a few days before we sail.

8 days to go......

Hi Kallie! We're traveling with several different families including my sister and brother and their families. Also my parents.

My sons are 16 and 18. We chose the early dining time. The boys want to eat then so they will be hungry enough to graze again at the midnight buffet!! :D

We leave Sunday afternoon out of Detroit. It's getting SO close!! I still have so much packing to do!

Yes, Vinman11111, please join us on the roll card board. Just go down to bottom of the page to forum jump and choose Carnival Roll Call. So glad to see someone else joining us. Sheryl and I thought for quite some time that we were the only ones going. Glad your joining us.

Ann

For those of you who have already been on the Sensation, where would you suggest for our roll call group (April 14) to meet?

Also, does anyone know what time the Camp Carnival mandatory meeting is the first night? We're trying to figure out a time as well as place to meet so any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!

Robbie

Camp meetings will be different for each age group. (they start at 8:30)

Im gonna suggest that you make your first meet and greet at 10pm. people are overly excited at 4 or before dinner...getting ready etc.

making it for 10 people are fed and more relaxed. ALso shoot for a 2nd meet and greet during the last sea day in the afternoon for the people who could not make it to the second one.

Meet at the Veranda deck by the pool stage. You have food/bar/music here and its outside.

if you want an inside place-- polo lounge. hardly any one uses that area. this is where they serve tea at 3:30 on sea days.

We have met at both the Polo Lounge as well as by the band on the Lido deck... Depends on the size of your group. The Polo Lounge would work pretty well, there could be other groups meeting there as well, so keep that in mind.

Thank you for the help! I'm going to check out the deck plans and find those areas.

Another question.... Does anyone know what the area right behind cabin E232 is? It looks like it may stairs? My brother is in that cabin so we were wondering.

Robbie

Hey there--we're also counting down to 4/4/05. We'll be in NO the night before but can't wait for all the FUN onboard.

So will we!! Can hardly wait!! Hopefully we all have smooth sailing come Monday!!:)

Archived