Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psyfi

"Do not miss" scenic cruising locations--French Polynesia?

Rangiroa - there were dolphins in the pass as we sailed away (the tour we took stopped in the pass on our return and dolphins were jumping on both sides of our boat which was very exciting).

Here is our youtube video link of the dolphins in the Tiputa Pass in Rangiroa at the end of our tour with Leon. (You may want to turn down the volume on your computer to avoid the squealing as we were so excited to see the dolphins right next to the boat.)

Hope you enjoy.

P.S. You can also see our experience swimming with the sharks in Bora Bora in our in our signature below.

If you want some great scenery - go on Patrick's excursion in Bora Bora - land and water tour - with lunch on a motu - it is so spectacular on his private island looking back at Bora Bora - as well if you go on a wave runner tour in Bora Bora you can get some great photos - it doesn't matter which side of the ship you are on - but being on a balcony is very cool as the channel openings into the lagoons of each island are very narrow -

Hi happycdn,

We just booked a trip for 2013 and I was hoping that you could provide some more information on Patrick and any other ideas that you might have for not only Bora Bora but the surronding islands. Where in Canada are you from? Thanks very much!

Cheers,

Tropiclady

thanks all for your ideas of scenic sail-ins--I guess, I will plan to be up early every morning!! :D the time shift should make that easier, but I was amazed how quickly we adjusted when we were in Alaska--but then again sunset wasn't until 11:30 at night so I think it fooled our internal clocks.