Catamaran Fan-Ta-Sea ????

texkan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Three CC couples took this excursion in 2008. It was a great day. The crew has you take your shoes off when you step onto the cat and put them into a basket. You get them again when you get back. Plenty of room on the catamaran, music, and drinks. We sailed over to Nevis for the day. We were on the cat with a group of NYC firemen and a group of gals (about 50 yr old), and as the day went on, everyone became pretty comfortable. By the end of our time on Nevis, we were all one pretty happy group and we had some entertainers in our group. I believe someone even rented a jetski and flew by us with a halfmoon showing. The barbque dinner on Nevis was perfect. Would do this again.

Karen

We've done this excursion 5 times! We've always had a great time. There are several companies that this is subcontracted out to and all offer a similar experiance.

The trip involves some relaxing scenic sailing along the St. Kitt's coast, snorkeling at a nice site, lunch and beach time. Then the crew tries to rev up the group on the sail back and get people into a nice party atmousphere so you can dance and enjoy the party or watch others dancing a bit - either way is a nice time.

The trip has usually included lunch on a beach in Nevis but this can depend on the beach conditions there and possibly which company is operating the excursion for you. If conditions in Nevis are poor they will stop at a beach on St. Kitts and sail for scenic views of Nevis instead of stopping there but this has just happened one time for us. There is an open bar with soft drinks, beer and great rum punch open from when snorkeling is over through the end of the sail.

I do recommend this trip. The only con, for some, is that the Catamarans do get a little crowded if a lot of people from your ship sign up for the sailing, but we've always had plenty of room.

I have pictures from all 5 of our trips in my photo site:

Hey Kathy!

I think your group would have a great time on this. The snorkeling is just OK, but it really is a fun day and the rum punches are pretty tasty. You'll see my "famous" purple zip up rash guard in Larry's March 2007 pictures. ;-) I think we'll probably do it again which would make our 4th time on it.

Rosemary

... The crew has you take your shoes off when you step onto the cat and put them into a basket....

Good Point!

If your feet are at all sensitive either ask the crew for your shoes back when you head to the beach or pack an extra set of waterproof shoe or sandals, like cheap flip-flops, to take with you to the beach. A couple times when we've been there the sand was really hot on our feet and our shoes were back on the cat. The last time we went they brought the baskets of shoes to the beach but they don't always do this.

We've done this excursion 5 times! We've always had a great time. There are several companies that this is subcontracted out to and all offer a similar experiance.

The trip involves some relaxing scenic sailing along the St. Kitt's coast, snorkeling at a nice site, lunch and beach time. Then the crew tries to rev up the group on the sail back and get people into a nice party atmousphere so you can dance and enjoy the party or watch others dancing a bit - either way is a nice time.

The trip has usually included lunch on a beach in Nevis but this can depend on the beach conditions there and possibly which company is operating the excursion for you. If conditions in Nevis are poor they will stop at a beach on St. Kitts and sail for scenic views of Nevis instead of stopping there but this has just happened one time for us. There is an open bar with soft drinks, beer and great rum punch open from when snorkeling is over through the end of the sail.

I do recommend this trip. The only con, for some, is that the Catamarans do get a little crowded if a lot of people from your ship sign up for the sailing, but we've always had plenty of room.

I have pictures from all 5 of our trips in my photo site:

Thank you for posting the pictures and the review.

The one time that we did this tour, the weather conditions were poor and we never crossed to Nevis, so we were very disappointed. The last time we were in St. Kitts we did something different, but the people that did this tour were able to visit Nevis. In November I am considering trying to take the excursion so I can experience Nevis. If I understand correctly you were able to get to Nevis 4 out of 5 times, so perhaps it will be worth the risk for me to try again. What do you think?

Thank you for posting the pictures and the review.

The one time that we did this tour, the weather conditions were poor and we never crossed to Nevis, so we were very disappointed. The last time we were in St. Kitts we did something different, but the people that did this tour were able to visit Nevis. In November I am considering trying to take the excursion so I can experience Nevis. If I understand correctly you were able to get to Nevis 4 out of 5 times, so perhaps it will be worth the risk for me to try again. What do you think?

I don't think there is any risk at all. The beach at Nevis is nice, but not the end all. Trees there have a lot of blight and hurricane damage so it isn't quite as pretty there as it once was. If you go there it is a plus but if you don't it isn't a huge minus - the excursion is a lot of fun either way.

And the only time we didn't go the beach area in Nevis was a wreck because of a hurricane a few months earlier. We've gone there every time otherwise.

I don't think there is any risk at all. The beach at Nevis is nice, but not the end all. Trees there have a lot of blight and hurricane damage so it isn't quite as pretty there as it once was. If you go there it is a plus but if you don't it isn't a huge minus - the excursion is a lot of fun either way.

And the only time we didn't go the beach area in Nevis was a wreck because of a hurricane a few months earlier. We've gone there every time otherwise.

Thank you. Like you said previously they use several vendors. The place that we stopped for lunch on St.Kitts was not very nice IMO. But we did enjoy the overall experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way for us to book the Fan-ta-sea if we are on carnival? It sounds like a great time. I just cannot find a website.

Thanks

They may call it by another name. There is no actual excursion company that uses that name. It is used by Celebrity and RCL and possibly other cruise lines, but it is always contracted out to anyone of a number of subcontractors that run the catamarans. Some of these offer the same, or similar, trips if they are not contracted to the cruise lines those days. I'd read through the list of excursions on Carnival and see if there is something that sounds close.

We've taken the Irie Lime, the Swaliga and another catamaran. You might try googling for those catamaran names in St. Kitts and see if you can find more info on them. You can ask them if they are doing a tour for your cruise or if you can book independently, and if they are doing neither then don't hesitate to ask if they know who is or will - these operators all know each other even though they compete.

• 1 month later...
Rec625 did your husband have any problems doing this excursion? Is there a scale on dock?

We just got back from RCCL Serenade of the Seas. We did this excursion. No scale and no discussion of weight. It was really fun and we would do it again. Rum punch made it even more fun! There are some dogs at the BBQ that come visit. They are very nice and I just had to feed them. The crew was very entertaining(especially Elvis). Hope you go and have a Great time!

Is there a way for us to book the Fan-ta-sea if we are on carnival? It sounds like a great time. I just cannot find a website.

Thanks

We did this excursion last week and LOVED it. For those who wondered about kids, while the crew is very good with kids, depending on who is with you, the ride back after lunch can get a bit "spirited" with the open bar...if you know what I mean.

The company that runs the excursion is Leeward Island Charters. Here's their website

http://www.leewardislandscharters.com/

They do offer the Fantasea charter directly through them BUT, you may find it isn't available to reserve if you're in port with a RCI ship as they'll already have it booked. Hope this helps!

We did this excursion last week and LOVED it. For those who wondered about kids, while the crew is very good with kids, depending on who is with you, the ride back after lunch can get a bit "spirited" with the open bar...if you know what I mean.

The company that runs the excursion is Leeward Island Charters. Here's their website

http://www.leewardislandscharters.com/...

In the many times we've done this tour, booked through the cruise line, they've used several different companies and different catamarans. I think we've sailed with this company once, and I think all, or most, of the others have been with a company called Blue Water Safaris : http://www.bluewatersafaris.com/. Not sure if we've been on one operated with a third company or not. They all offer a similar experiance and a good time.

• 3 months later...

Archived