Cruise Critic Community
DangerDad

Progreso Guide Pedro Flores (pedropep@hotmail.com) - Anybody experiences with him?

I think it was like $60 per person, which included the ruins.

Great tour, would travel with Pedro anytime

How do we contact him?

I also hired Russel for a private tour (he was not with Pedro) for my family of 5 and would highly recommend him. He provided a large Van with A/C, took us to Xcampo ruins, and a small mayan village where we met a lovely family in their home/ hut.

Russel said he is a official guide and he was very informative and his english was very good. On the way back he took us to a locals only fresh water swimming hole back in the mangroves in which you needed to take a short boatride to. Also we saw Flamingos and where they harvest salt.

Much cheaper than ships excursion and Well worth the slightly extra $$ over just hiring a taxi.

Edited by JupiterChris

I also hired Russel for a private tour (he was not with Pedro) for my family of 5 and would highly recommend him. He provided a large Van with A/C, took us to Xcampo ruins, and a small mayan village where we met a lovely family in their home/ hut.

Russel said he is a official guide and he was very informative and his english was very good. On the way back he took us to a locals only fresh water swimming hole back in the mangroves in which you needed to take a short boatride to. Also we saw Flamingos and where they harvest salt.

Much cheaper than ships excursion and Well worth the slightly extra $$ over just hiring a taxi.

I found his card: Russel Rodriguez Canto. Tel: 9993 257104 Facebook: russelrodriguezcanto hunab.tours@hotmail.com

A couple of days ago, I sent Pedro an email inquiring about costs for a private driver. Pedro replied to my email within 12 hours, not only one time but twice.

Here is Pedro Flores' current contact information:

Email address: pedropepchix@hotmail.com

Telephone: 9992 31 27 11

Pedro quoted me the following prices:

Private driver - English speaking driver, Merida, ruins, anywhere, your choice - 5 hours service - $150

OR

Taxi to Merida - no English speaking driver (most likely) - $70

His emails are typed in broken English & portions are hard to decipher, but you can understand most of what he's trying to say.

Although I won't be using Pedro's private driver services, I will be picking up a taxi at the AutoProgreso bus terminal. Since I don't want to invest a large amount of time riding the bus to and from the port, I've decided to go with the quicker taxi.

I wanted to update those cruisers who are interested in obtaining a private driver for the day in Progreso with Pedro's information.

Happy Cruising!