Future Cruise Credit Question....

StingRaysfan

Quick question for anyone that has experience with this sort of thing.

We are booked on the Liberty this December. We want to book the Victory for its May 27th cruise, and right now both junior suites on the Lido deck are available, and we've decided we really want one of those. SOOOOO... we want to get get an FCC on the Liberty cruise for the Victory cruise.... BUT we are concerned if we don't book the Victory cruise now we will lose the junior suite.

I'm not sure I completely understand the certificates. If we go ahead and book the Victory... then buy the FCC on the Liberty... are we allowed to apply it towards our Victory cruise when we get it????

Does this make sense????

I think the certificates is only valid for new bookings after the the day you bought it. It can not be applied to old booking booked before the purchase date.

Since you want a specific cabin, i think it might be better to book now to reserve the cabin. Then cancel that booking once you have the certificate, rebook it using the certificate.

The terms say you cannot use FCCs on already booked cruises. .. though since they have been having to mail them in and the change over to online, some were allowed. For a while they were rejecting them but at the time they had to mail them back.

No telling now that they have moved online how strictly the rules will be enforced.

Book a refundable rate, that holds the cabin you want.. and they can cancel it online (once you are onboard) and rebook you at the FCC desk if the rate is available...if not buy one and bring it home and submit it online. worst they can say is no.

We have had no problems purchasing them AFTER already booking a cruise and then applying them. Have done that 3 times.....booked first, bought FCC's after booking on next cruise, then sending them in. All 3 were applied with NO issues.

We have had no problems purchasing them AFTER already booking a cruise and then applying them. Have done that 3 times.....booked first, bought FCC's after booking on next cruise, then sending them in. All 3 were applied with NO issues.

I like the sounds of that.. and this is why I love cruise critic!

I think we are going to book, bring it home.. and if they deny it... we will just have to book a third cruise. HAHAHAH :)

Thank you for all your answers!!!!

May I ask how this worked? According to my certificate, we get $100 towards deposit and $100 OBC. Did you get all the money as an OBC?

Thanks for the info.

May I ask how this worked? According to my certificate, we get $100 towards deposit and $100 OBC. Did you get all the money as an OBC?

Thanks for the info.

Actually it doesnt say its toward the deposit.. a lot of people read that into it. It says the $100 is a deposit on a future (unbooked) cruise.

some have had them denied .. so its all a guess.

they usually apply them to the final payment .. but since You didnt ask me.. Ill shut up about how they work.

Actually it doesnt say its toward the deposit.. a lot of people read that into it. It says the $100 is a deposit on a future (unbooked) cruise.

some have had them denied .. so its all a guess.

they usually apply them to the final payment .. but since You didnt ask me.. Ill shut up about how they work.

Am I reading this wrong?

"You pick the cruise and we'll apply your initial deposit, and - depending on the length of your cruise - up to $200* per stateroom in onboard credit."

"Remember, your $100 deposit can be applied towards any of our sensational sailings."

"Remember, your $100 deposit can be applied towards any of our sensational sailings."

Read it carefully .. it does not say it can be applied to the deposit .. just says it can be applied to any cruise.

The $100 is a deposit .. just not the deposit on a booked cruise.

I think its misleading to use the word deposit, but all of mine have been applied to my final payment .. except for one. (I booked last minute, 8 days out so they gave me the choice of another $100 OBC or $100 refund to my credit card, but I had to pay in full or risk my cruise getting cancelled.

I just booked Triumph 2 days ago, and applied a FCC and paid a full deposit. .. and my PVP is good. She even put in for my FCC to get applied while she booked my cruise.

The lawyers say the $100 is a deposit .. I say people think it means the deposit on a cruise .. not some unnamed cruise that you can use it toward.. its legal talk I guess.

I did see one poster here who actually got it applied to her deposit.. if you really push it, now that they are doing it online, if they get it applied fast, you maybe will not get your cruise cancelled. (the group who applies the FCC is separate from the PVPs who book the cruises)

Read it carefully .. it does not say it can be applied to the deposit .. just says it can be applied to any cruise.

The $100 is a deposit .. just not the deposit on a booked cruise.

I think its misleading to use the word deposit, but all of mine have been applied to my final payment .. except for one. (I booked last minute, 8 days out so they gave me the choice of another $100 OBC or $100 refund to my credit card, but I had to pay in full or risk my cruise getting cancelled.

I just booked Triumph 2 days ago, and applied a FCC and paid a full deposit. .. and my PVP is good. She even put in for my FCC to get applied while she booked my cruise.

The lawyers say the $100 is a deposit .. I say people think it means the deposit on a cruise .. not some unnamed cruise that you can use it toward.. its legal talk I guess.

I did see one poster here who actually got it applied to her deposit.. if you really push it, now that they are doing it online, if they get it applied fast, you maybe will not get your cruise cancelled. (the group who applies the FCC is separate from the PVPs who book the cruises)

I am a college-educated woman, but I am having so much trouble understanding this. Ugh!

OK, the way I understand it is we purchased the FCC on board a cruise. When we are ready to book another cruise, we tell our PVP that we have the FCC and want to put the $100 towards the deposit. Then we get an additional $100 (7-day cruise) OBC. So, we paid $100 on the previous cruise but really get $200 for our next cruise.

Yes??

No??

Maybe??

But, the FCC online form itself asks for a booking #, which means a cruise would have needed to be booked in order to submit the form. So if I have a booking #, I've already put a deposit on a cruise. Where does the FCC come in? If I do submit the form, how much $$ will I get in OBC?

I repeat, ugh!

in a nutshell, the easiest way how i remember how a fcc works is i place a full deposit on a cruise. Submit the FCC to reduce my final payment by $100 dollars, and to gain the OBC depending on how long my cruise is

Then we get an additional $100 (7-day cruise) OBC. So, we paid $100 on the previous cruise but really get $200 for our next cruise.

Yes??

No??

Maybe??

If you count your own $100 then yes you get $200.

You get a EXTRA $100 OBC on a 7 day over and above what you paid.

in a nutshell, the easiest way how i remember how a fcc works is i place a full deposit on a cruise. Submit the FCC to reduce my final payment by $100 dollars, and to gain the OBC depending on how long my cruise is

Aha!

So, if I submit my form, I will (hopefully) have my final payment reduced by $100 and get a $100 OBC for the seven-day cruise.

By George, I think she's got it!

Thanks.

Filled out the form, hit "submit", and nothing happened.

So close yet so far.

Please enlarge your font size.;)

If your OS is Windows Click on tools, click on compatibilty view settings, then check the box display all websites. Close and resubmit and you should be good to go.

Filled out the form, hit "submit", and nothing happened.

So close yet so far.

There could be a couple of reasons nothing happened. First make sure you are in compatibility view. That is the symbol in the address bar that looks like a torn paper. Click on it and it will turn blue. It is blue if you are in compatibilty view.

Also I have heard that in the "Requestor Name" space you should put your name in with no spaces. I think I just put in my last name and it worked. Just don't put in your first and last name with a space in between.

Let us know if that works for you.

Sharon

Please enlarge your font size.;) [/color][/i][/b]

Sorry. My DH was futzing around with my computer and messed up some settings. Hope this now works the way I want it to.

If your OS is Windows Click on tools, click on compatibilty view settings, then check the box display all websites. Close and resubmit and you should be good to go.

I followed luv2trvlnow's directions and it worked perfectly.

There could be a couple of reasons nothing happened. First make sure you are in compatibility view. That is the symbol in the address bar that looks like a torn paper. Click on it and it will turn blue. It is blue if you are in compatibilty view.

Also I have heard that in the "Requestor Name" space you should put your name in with no spaces. I think I just put in my last name and it worked. Just don't put in your first and last name with a space in between.

Let us know if that works for you.

Sharon

Thank you.

I have Google Chrome as my web browser and could not find a compatibility view thing, so I opened the redemption form in Internet Explorer, clicked on the little torn paper, et voila!

I did figure out that only the last name suffices for "Requester Name". (But I admit that it took me a few stubborn tries. :D)

I appreciate both of you for your help.

Any advice on how to fix such a problem in Google Chrome for future references?

If you have a Carnival PVP (personal vacation planner), you don't even have to go through the online submission mess. Mine does it for me. :)

Didn't even think of that. We have a great PVP.

But, it's done and now I wait to see if it was accepted.

If you have a Carnival PVP (personal vacation planner), you don't even have to go through the online submission mess. Mine does it for me. :)

Mine just did the submission for me too when I booked, .. I think it was Thrursday.

Archived