Symphony 4-14-05

janazaz

A few questions re our upcoming Crystal cruise Caldera to FLL.

If no golf packages are offered on the Symphony, will the cruise line arrange one for us or should we arrange these on our own?

We are going 3 days early and I'm unsure if staying in San Jose is the best course for all 3 days. Where would you stay closer to the port in order to see more of Costa Rica?

Where is the best place to stay in FLL for a one-night post cruise? We'd prefer a nice hotel w/ocean/pier views.

This is our first Crystal cruise.

Welcome to the cruise critic board and to Crystal.

Upon embarkation, see Dale Moffitt, the concierage on the Symphony. He has arranged tee times and foursomes for my husband on several cruises and helped with the arrangement of travel to the courses. Each cruise also has a PGA pro on board for lessons and occasionally for golf outings. Check Reflections for the times of the lessons. The Crystal website -- go to the particular cruise you are on -- will have entertainment and program listings and will list the name of your voyage's golf pro.

Two other posters -- TravelPoland (newbie) and sasejm (past passenger) are on your cruise. Perhaps sasejm can contact both of you to sponsor you on the cruise -- the STEX program.

Hyatt Pier 66 is the usual hotel used by Crystal. Also, there is nothing really to see near the port in Costa Rica. My guess is that using San Jose as a central area would afford more areas to see. Are you using Crystal's transfer to the port?

Judith, thank you for the welcome. I've read many of the posts and have found this board to be "above the rest".

We are using the Crystal transfers from Costa Rica Marriott but thought about checking out Xandria Resort as well. Any comments?

Just received our boarding docs today whuch seals the deal and makes the cruise even more real. We took the Panama cruise last year on Royal Caribbean and are anxious to find out how the cruise lines compare.

Any advice, comments, etc are very much appreciated.

How do we get a STEX sponsor?

If you have any specific questions, we would all be happy to answer them. Symphony is my own personal favorite ship. We will be on it in 31 days! Our first Symphony cruise was through the Panama Canal. It was awesome.

I have already listed you as a newbie (I think I misspelled your name) for your cruise on the STEX thread. There is one sponsor (past passenger) sasejm that I have been posting messages to but who hasn't responded. If she/he would look at the STEX thread, he/she would see that there are two (you and TravelPoland) waiting for a sponsor. A past passenger can sponsor up to three staterooms of newbies and he/she would get two discount coupons as well as twice the on board credit. Hopefully this past passenger will read this and contact you both or perhaps another past passenger on this cruise will post to this board.

The transfers can be made directly with the Marriott. Originally, the travel agent charged us but then reimbursed the fees saying we now have to pay for them thru our shipboard account. Your travel agent should be able to help you.

I've heard renting a private van ($90) is the best way to go vs the group van/bus at $70. We're probably going to explore both avenues.

Archived