@ Sea Programs

Denali2003

I think they have done away with the computer classes that were scholarship@sea. They had ceramics on the Ocean Princess in April/May

Company that did the computer classes went out of business.

They had ceramics on the Star in May.

We are a little over a week off the Golden and they were doing ceramics on that sailing. Although I was in contact with a very nice junior member of the CDs staff and he apparently was the one conducting the "classes". He wasn't a fan of ceramics. I get the impression that like a lot of jobs, the least senior often times gets the stuff that nobody else wants to do or has any skills in. However, I did not take the ceramics class so I don't know how good they were.

To be honsest, with so many ports on the schedule for Alaska and so little time to take in everything, taking an adult enrichment course on a ship seems like a huge time conflict.

Princess use to have ceramics @ Sea. I heard that they were going to do away with it. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, what took it's place?

Thank you :)

A long time ago -- like on the Regal, (old) Crown, and (old) Star,

they used to have ceramics classes for free.

And, what ever happened to napkin folding and scarf tieing?

On my cruise aboard the Sapphire last month, Ceramics was offered, but I heard that was being phased out, and the only items they had left to paint were ceramic fish.

The new craft is glass jewelry. You can make rings, earrings, or pendants. You can make up to 3 items at a cost of $5 each. I have 2 tips: (1) If you want to use the dichroic glass, put it on a black background. I put it on the white, and when it melted, it made a black border around the iridescent part. (2) They will announce in the Patter the time that you can pick up your project. Be there on time! My SIL was late due to the breast cancer walk, and someone (either accidentally or purposely) took her items and left their own.

Company that did the computer classes went out of business.

They had ceramics on the Star in May.

SixthStar still exists and did not go out of business. It was decided to drop the program and replace with something else to be decided.

The kilns no longer exist for pottery at sea but the ceramics at sea is led by the cruise staff and is still around at the moment.

Archived