"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Aug 11, 2011

Radio

Hi Radio!

Looking forward to reading your reports. We sailed with you last November on Enchantment during the worst cruising weather we ever ran into- remember when they closed the Windjammer because everything up there crashed to the floor! I was scared that day!

We will be doing the Canada/NE trip in a few weeks (9/1) on Explorer out of NJ. I hope that you give us some good tips!

Have a great trip!

Gina

Have a great time, Mark...we're SO looking forward to another Live report!

We went out to Hemingways on Kent Island last Saturday night for dinner, a 'sailaway' drink, and to watch the Enchantment sail under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on her way to Bermuda. Hard to believe she's already returning tomorrow morning.

This will be you tomorrow at around 5:45pm (but probably not as cloudy as it was Saturday)...

Wow. . Thanks Judi. . . Today should be a great day for pics. . .

You should have another sailaway drink this afternoon:D

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio!

Looking forward to reading your reports. We sailed with you last November on Enchantment during the worst cruising weather we ever ran into- remember when they closed the Windjammer because everything up there crashed to the floor! I was scared that day!

We will be doing the Canada/NE trip in a few weeks (9/1) on Explorer out of NJ. I hope that you give us some good tips!

Have a great trip!

Gina

Yes Yes. . . I remember that day. . .Plates were flying and beverage stations were falling over. I am thinking this cruise should be a little smoother.

Radio

;);)

I am just watching the Enchantment of the Seas cruise under/over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. She will be arriving on time Radio, no worries!:D

Thanks for the update Mariem. . . I should be heading down to Cruise Maryland around 11AM.

Did you get that image from Marine Traffic dot com ?

I use that site alot with my iPad. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio,

I so need this cruise to get me to November when we all cruise together again. Have a great time, eat that wonderful New England seafood and drink lots of good coffee. Ken and I will be thinking of you and enjoying this cruise with you and wishing we were there.

Deb

Yes, Thanks Deb. . . I have a couple of places picked out for some Lobster. We will all be together in less than 90 days on Explorer of the Seas.

Radio

;);)

Since you should charge admission to your "Live From" posts here's my payment... one quick walk - through Pier 21, cut through the parking lot of the Westin and hang a left through the grocery store parking lot and ah haaaaa nirvana of coffee right in front of you ;) and yes we have an app for coffee lol

a>, on Flickr

6030620061_f9ccb408c9.jpg

photo by Beth_Hfx, on Flickr

Thanks, Beth. . . This will come in handy. I wil D/L the App today, and will post an image of this Tim's in Halifax.

I love this app. . .

Radio

;);)

Happy to follow another live report. I'm really interested in your report as our family is planning on a NE cruise in either 2012 or 2013.

Baltimore is close to our house, but family will be joining us from MN. We are also considering Celebrity as it goes further into Canada.

Your report will take us on a virtual cruise. Can't wait. I know you will cover everything we need to know to consider, ship, ports and all those things we didn't even think about:)

Also interest in the port of Baltimore. How easy is it? Are you driving there? We live in No. Virginia near Dulles airport.

Thanks

Maria

Radio,

Have a wonderful cruise up to Canada. We're sailing up there the end of this month out of NY on the Glory so I'm interested to hear what you have planned in both Saint John and Halifax.

And thank you to CKRobyn for the information on a good local restaurant in Halifax. And to everyone else who lives up that way and posts regarding things to see and do in both ports. We are trying to set up a tour around Saint John to get out to the Bay of Fundy and the falls, but have nothing yet in Halifax. Hearing about some good restaurants near the ports (my mom is not up to long walks) and even how to get to the famous ice cream store (is it Cow's?) would be helpful.

Will check in a few times a day for your reports. Always enjoy them. Is Mrs. Radio with you this time?

Have a great cruise! The Enchantment is a great little ship (even though she was "stretched"!). Enjoy the great New England Lobster for all of us! Looking forward to your "LIVE" reports! You do such a GREAT JOB! Love you for taking the time to let us all cruise along with you on all your cruises, and thank you also for being such a wealth of information to all of us! I know, it's a tough job, but somebody has got to do it! :D :D

Hello everyone. . .I am ready to pack my car and drive to the Pier. . .

Well Mrs Radio will be dropping me off at the pier, and I should arrive between 11 and 11:15. The security lines and check in stations will be smooth at that time, and I should be boarding by 11:30 or so. . .

My next post will be from onboard Enchantment of the Seas !

(Before sail away!)

Thanks for the nice comments, and Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;);)

Enchantment of the Seas in Germany during the Stretch (2005)

S7.jpg

T2.jpg

Thanks for the update Mariem. . . I should be heading down to Cruise Maryland around 11AM.

Did you get that image from Marine Traffic dot com ?

I use that site alot with my iPad. . .

Radio

;);)

I did actually. It is a great site to watch the paths and cruising speeds of cruise ships. It is also at the bottom of the port canaveral, port everglades, and new york webcams. If you liked that site try cruisett dot com. It shows the cruise ships time tables and is very interesting.

I was wondering if you were ever going to sail on Epic or the Carnival Dream. I would really love a "LIVE" review from one of those cruise ships. Anyway have a blast on the cruise and don't forget to post!!:)

Hi Radio:

Just a couple of quick suggestions. Since we love Irish Pubs, we frequently seek them out. In Portland, we found Bull Feeney's and in Boston it was Paddy O's. Both places also had great lobster at prices far less than some of the big name places.

The other suggestions is for St. John. If you go to the reversing falls, climb the stairs to Wolastag Park. You will find a series of carved figures that trace the history of the city.

In any case, have a great cruise, Rick

Hi Radio:

Just a couple of quick suggestions. Since we love Irish Pubs, we frequently seek them out. In Portland, we found Bull Feeney's and in Boston it was Paddy O's. Both places also had great lobster at prices far less than some of the big name places.

The other suggestions is for St. John. If you go to the reversing falls, climb the stairs to Wolastag Park. You will find a series of carved figures that trace the history of the city.

In any case, have a great cruise, Rick

That's great information. Thanks, Rick.

Happy sails, Mark! Waiting for those sailaway photos! ;)

Archived