"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Aug 11, 2011

Radio

Hi Radio, We had the pleasure of cruising with you on Allure in May. We will be doing this same cruise in exactly one month. Last time I enjoyed reading about the trip I was just on. This time it would be great to hear all about it before we leave. It was amazing to see the pictures of the ship cut in half for the stretching. I can't believe they can do that!

Enjoy your trip Radio! Went to Bar Harbor for the 1st time last October on a Caribbean Princess cruise. It is a beautiful port. We did a one hour "Olley's Trolly" tour of Acadia National Park. Spectacular views of the ship from there! Best lobster roll I ever had, just wish I could remember the name of the place I had it at!! Looking forward to seeing interiors of the Enchantment!

Just love these live reports Radio. You do a great job. I was on the Enchantment in March and will be on her with my sons and their families in Nov. for Thanksgiving. This will be like an extra cruise between the two. Really looking forward to the next 9 days. Hopefully they will go real slow, especially for you and your fellow cruisers. Thanks so much for doing this and have a great time and calm seas!

Gwen :)

We have been enjoying McKelvies in Halifax for years. This year (June) we also did the maritime museum across the street from McKelvies. The lobster roll is awesome. Also the maple glazed scallops with bacon. We love this itinerary - I would be a happy camper to do this one three or four times a year. :D

Hello everyone. . . I made it onboard Enchantment of the Seas !

I arrived to Cruise Maryland a little later than I thought. I-95 was a little heavy with lane closures during the small stretch that I had to make, so I arrived at about 11:30. My brother arrived right after me (from Delaware)

The Security check-in was easy, and they were taking all power strips from passengers during the check in. Ooops. . .I’m glad that I forgot to bring my power strip. . .(I do have a heavy duty extension cord with 4 outlets though.)

The Check in Agents were very fast and very friendly. The small hold up came as we were led to the boarding area, and the photos were taken for our Sea Pass cards. The names of the reps with that job must have been Manny, Moe, and Jack. . . or was it Curly, Larry, and Moe ?

That took about 15 minutes. We boarded the gangway by 12PM, and I am happy to say that the Enchantment of the seas is as beautiful as I remembered from last November.

Our muster drill is at 3:30PM, and we sail away at 4PM sharp! My sail down the Chesapeake should be delightful and relaxing. The weather is perfect, and the humidity seems much lower than normal.

We should make it to the Key Bridge by 4:15, and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge by 5:30 or so. It will take us a few hours to get down to Norfolk, VA, and I am guessing we should be in the Atlantic Ocean by midnight. My brother may be up. . .but I can tell you that I will down down for the count !

Here are a few pics from my boarding this afternoon, and I will try to post a few more tonight from our sail away !

Thanks for all of the very nice comments. . . I will try to provide many pics for each day of my voyage ! Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

My first sight of Enchantment of the Seas

TH2.JPG

I love Cruise Maryland. . .

TH3.JPG

We approach the gangway

TH5.JPG

We are almost onboard

TH6.JPG

We made it !

TH18.JPG

The pools will be in full use by later today. . This ship is full !

TH12.JPG

That's great information. Thanks, Rick.

Happy sails, Mark! Waiting for those sailaway photos! ;)

Ha ha. . . Thanks! They will be up a little later tonight !

I need to get to my favorite spot up in the Viking Crown Lounge. . .

Radio

;);)

Hi Mark!

I was looking for a web cam at cruise maryland so I could watch sail away, but I couldnt find one. :( As promised I will be tuning in every day!! Errrrrr, a few times a day is more like it! I love the picture of the centrum! Post a picture of the cabin you're staying in too! :)

Bon Voyage!

(PS: While you are up there in the VCL for Sail Away, can you have a french martini for me! Thanks, you're the best!)

Hi Mark!

I was looking for a web cam at cruise maryland so I could watch sail away, but I couldnt find one. :( As promised I will be tuning in every day!! Errrrrr, a few times a day is more like it! I love the picture of the centrum! Post a picture of the cabin you're staying in too! :)

Bon Voyage!

(PS: While you are up there in the VCL for Sail Away, can you have a french martini for me! Thanks, you're the best!)

have a beverage for me too....preferably an adult beverage...but coffee is ok too!

Radio, we did this cruise on the Enchantment last October and we are doing it again Oct 13th, on the Explorer this time! Canada/NE is one of our favorite fall cruises, the ports are fabulous!! In Bar Harbor, go to Jack's Jewelery and get Mrs Radion a tourmaline pendant, they are gorgeous and tourmaline is found in the region. I will always cherish mine! Have a great cruise!

Radio, very much looking forward to enjoying another of your reviews. Your recent one from Oasis of the Seas was a large factor in pushing us finally book it, which we did earlier this week. Now I will have to restrain myself from booking another! :D Bon voyage....

Radio !! slide on in the the Schooner & find Bissoon & tell him Kelly said HI ! and take His pic too lol He's a good friend of mine

one question for you..when you arrived at the port to be dropped off by Mrs Radio, did you get in a special line or where do you go? I'm supposed to come up next weekend when you get back to pick up a friend...I'm usually driving in ARRIVING to park my car :) so I'm not real sure ..by the time I get there I'm too excited to pay attention

LOVE the Enchantment and Her crew ! Have a great trip

I passed the ship in port on my way to/from work today! I loved your Live report from last November (we're taking that cruise this November), and I'm excited to see more photos of the ship and the sights on the New England/Canada cruise!

Archived