Four Points hotel Galveston

Me 2

Looking for opinions on this hotel for a 3 night post cruise stay in November.

Thanks ;)

It is a total redone hotel after IKE.

What I have read on CC threads theprices have been good and no negatives.

Its in good location also.

Another brand new one in same area is Country Inn.

Holiday Inn Sunspree also.

Older ones in same price range on seawall(GULF) are Guidos and Commodore. Try PriceLine bidding for the better hotels.

Im not selling the others short though at all.

Thanks for your responses.

Have read that construction work is currently ongoing nearby. Should we be concerned about this?

The construction is at hotel in an adjoining Existing building. Work has been going on for a while. By November probably be close to

completed. Or will be on finish out on interior. Would not think it to be problem at that time, Especially if you will be there on a Saturday nite. Will do a drive by to look at progress?

Will do a drive by to look at progress?

I greatly appreciate your willingness to help and take your point about our stay being over the weekend - check in Friday/check out Monday.

One final question for you on the subject - if you were to choose between Four Points and Hilton Resort which would you go for?

Thanks again!

I greatly appreciate your willingness to help and take your point about our stay being over the weekend - check in Friday/check out Monday.

One final question for you on the subject - if you were to choose between Four Points and Hilton Resort which would you go for?

Thanks again!

Hilton for the hotel and complex and conveniences around there.

As far as parking and transfer to terminal I do not have information for we live in galveston and do not use those services.

Hilton for the hotel and complex and conveniences around there.

Hilton was our original choice and we have actually held a reservation with them for the past few months. Only stumbled upon Four Points a few days ago and wondered if we should consider changing over to it. Happy to go with your opinion however and stick with our original booking. Thanks for helping out ;)

Have stayed at Four Points several times. A great location, across street from Murdocks, very nice rooms & good service. The construction going on is for a reception/conference area that is connected to the hotel--would think construction should be finished by now. Also across street from old Flagship Hotel which will become an amusement area on the pier. A Wendy's restuarant next door & another restuarant/bar within walking distance. May leave car parked at hotel for free during your cruise, but no transportation to port. We stayed here during Mardi Gras--best location ever for the parades.

Not knowing pricing, your budget, info on parking or transfers to terminals

which could enfluence your decision,,,, I still would probably stay at Hilton.

All the area and things to around Four Points and the hotel reviews are good. You can still do these things staying at Hilton.

The Hilton is in San Luis Resort Complex and things around hotel including H20 pool is wonderful at San Luis are better. The pool area at San Luis is built up high and away from Seawall Blvd and no traffic sounds. ..

It is a resort tropical atmosphere.

There is a major grocery store and more restuarants are close by.

The beach is kept up better in front of complex because one of two major convention centers is next door to Hilton.

I agree the Hilton would be better. More to do in walking distance around that area and well as everything else stated by ssb. I don't live in Galveston but I spend more time there than I shoulld.:D It is my favorite get away destination for a few days.

Archived