Your favorite place to eat in Cabo

terjul

Oh, that's too bad. Was planning on going by next week when our cruise overnight's there. Don't really want to venture in to town, except to taxi to Medano Beach Club for the day.

What's the Wyndam restaurant like?

Haven't tried it. Don't be afraid to go into town. Cabo is tiny and it is very easy to walk everywhere. You could also just grab a cab right by the tender pier to go to lunch and then another one to the beach. Keep in mind that the restaurants and bars in town are super quiet during the day and usually only a section is open. They don't get busy until after dark. The marina and beachfront places are fun all day only.

That is Solomon's but it looks totally different now- they have done a full remodel and it is really nice. I hated the old bar stools but they are really comfy now. They do have really, really good tacos so maybe you ate somewhere else? Lots of people don't like authentic soft shell tacos and are expecting ground beef, lettuce and cheese in a hard shell. You won't find any of those ingredients in a real taco. Just grilled meat or seafood and maybe some cilantro or onion. Then you dress them up with the fantastic salsa bar that Solomon's has- yum! We eat there at least 4-5 times in a 14 day trip and stop by almost every day for drinks- great place!:)

Oh, you are making me crave Solomon's Landing. Love their tacos. I also have asked them a couple of times to make me seafood enchiladas that aren't on the menu. They have other seafood options but not enchiladas. I have them make them for me with a green chile verda sauce and they are amazing! Plus, I think their margaritas are grrrreat!

• 2 weeks later...

might be going out on a limb here, my girlfriend was in cabo two years ago, and she said she was at a restaurant that had a

great cheese fondue with tequila added (I think they added it in front of them) she said it was pretty close to the peir once you get off the ship...

ring any bells?

Edited by SquatsandChampagne

might be going out on a limb here, my girlfriend was in cabo two years ago, and she said she was at a restaurant that had a

great cheese fondue with tequila added (I think they added it in front of them) she said it was pretty close to the peir once you get off the ship...

ring any bells?

That was Alexanders and I think it is still there but may have new name and owners and not sure if the menu is the same. The one I am thinking about was in the very center of the marina in the crowded row of restaurants. I haven't checked it out for a few years though and it was very good!

• 3 weeks later...

I've got friends coming with us in April that want to go to Cabo Wabo. I tried talking them out of it but they insist. So how do I get there? Do I cut through somewhere around Captain Tony's restaurant? I need walking directions from the pier. Been to Cabo several times so I'm familiar with the area. I saw a map that appears it is not as far as the mall but need directions on foot. Thanks.

2979852720102265229S600x600Q85.jpg

2868031080102265229S600x600Q85.jpg

We were down last month and ate at

Maro's --on Hildago---great lunch 2 lobster tails and about 8-10 large shrimp with rice and beans...$16.99 --fresh and wonderful

my friend had steak and loved it same price

Sleepless Lobster was not as good.

Gordo Lele--- best tacos ever!!!!!

All these places are about 15 minutes from the port...Port area is very $$$ and not the quality you will find in town

• 7 months later...
What are enchiladas like in Mexico. The restaurant we go to in California (El Burro) makes great enchiladas with ground beef. How are they made in Mexico? Any worries about eating food in Mexico

Eating food in the country of Mexico? Not sure I understand your question. Millions of people live there and almost that many stay there on vacations every year and eat there- of course it's safe!

You will not find ground beef in the tacos or enchiladas unless you go to the tourist places- that is considered "american mexican food". Why not try some delicious authentic mexican food? There are lots of great places on this thread with suggestions on where to go.

Headed back to Cabo for the 3rd time and each time we end up at Cabo Wabo because we love the food. This time we want to try some place different. We don't care if it's even a little hole in the wall place, as long as you've had a great dining experience there, we'd love to hear about it.

Hoping you can help and thanks in advance!! ;)

WHALE WATCHER BAR..

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152515-d308090-Reviews-Hotel_Finisterra-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

KEITH RICHARDS OF ROLLING STONES GOT MARRIED THERE

Edited by WINEMANVISALIA

What are enchiladas like in Mexico. The restaurant we go to in California (El Burro) makes great enchiladas with ground beef. How are they made in Mexico? Any worries about eating food in Mexico

The Enchiladas in Mexico are great. I like just about anything I eat in Mexico. Have never seen ground beef in enchiladas there. But, I don't get that type of an enchilada here. If you like seafood try some shrimp enchiladas. Otherwise you could try chicken or cheese.:) You should check out tripadvisor.com and put in the ports you are visiting and check out restaurant reviews.

No worries at all eating in the ports you are going to.

We were down last month and ate at

Maro's --on Hildago---great lunch 2 lobster tails and about 8-10 large shrimp with rice and beans...$16.99 --fresh and wonderful

my friend had steak and loved it same price

Sleepless Lobster was not as good.

Gordo Lele--- best tacos ever!!!!!

All these places are about 15 minutes from the port...Port area is very $$$ and not the quality you will find in town

I agree 1000% about Gordo Lele's!

All places take American money. The exchange rate will most likely be 10 pesos:$1, maybe 11:1

We've been going to Cabo twice a year now for quite a few years. We've never, repeat never, been offered 10-1. In nearly every single case, the vendors know what that morning's exchange rate is, and offer that. Sometimes 0.1 or 0.2 less....but keep in mind, at days end (or first thing the next morning) they have to stand in line at the Cambio to exchange your dollars back into Pesos.

We've stood in line at the Cambio in front of Wyndham many times to exhange our dollars into Pesos....often 30-40 minutes at a time.

Use Pesos, if at all possible, but don't be afraid to use $US.

This 10-1 fable never seems to die. Everyone seems to know someone that it happened to, but I've never met anyone that it did happen to....uh....except once, to us, and we were in Yelapa...no roads, no electricity, no Cambios. You have to hire a boat to get there. The lady that owned the Cantina was appologetic as heck, but asked if she could exchange for me at 10-1.

Back to our favorite place to eat:

• Captain Tony's
  • Gordo Le Le's
  • Taco Loco
  • Moro's
  • Cabo Cantina (on Marina Blvd)
  • Wamongos
  • Tobascos

In that order!

We've been going to Cabo twice a year now for quite a few years. We've never, repeat never, been offered 10-1. In nearly every single case, the vendors know what that morning's exchange rate is, and offer that. Sometimes 0.1 or 0.2 less....but keep in mind, at days end (or first thing the next morning) they have to stand in line at the Cambio to exchange your dollars back into Pesos.

We've stood in line at the Cambio in front of Wyndham many times to exhange our dollars into Pesos....often 30-40 minutes at a time.

This 10-1 fable never seems to die. Everyone seems to know someone that it happened to, but I've never met anyone that it did happen to....uh....except once, to us, and we were in Yelapa...no roads, no electricity, no Cambios. You have to hire a boat to get there. The lady that owned the Cantina was appologetic as heck, but asked if she could exchange for me at 10-1.

• Captain Tony's
  • Gordo Le Le's
  • Taco Loco
  • Moro's
  • Wamongos
  • Tobascos

In that order!

Since you seem to have good taste, I'll try Captain Tony's next month! And Taco Loco!

• Captain Tony's
  • Gordo Le Le's
  • Taco Loco
  • Moro's
  • Wamongos
  • Tobascos

In that order!

The 10-1 rate is usally to be had at the smaller places/street vendors. We've encountered this in Ensenada, so it is a possibility. Sometimes it is easier (wastes less time) to do the 10-1 exchange than to wait at a cambio and pay fees. YMMV

I hate to point at two of the big ones, but nothing beats the steak nachos at Cabo Wabo and the fresh made guacamole at the Giggling Marlin.

We have eaten at most of those mentioned in this thread, but for a day where you are either at the beach or hanging out in town, nothing beats finishing the day with a cold beer and mexican bar food standards like these before you get back on the ship.

Enjoy your day in Cabo.

Happy Cruising:D:D

I'm sorry, but Cabo Wabo has GREAT lobster tacos...I know...Iknow...Sammy is known as "anything for a buck Sammy", but I don't CARE! The food is good...You won't get poisoned, and if they are checking people for drugs...GOOD FOR THEM! It's a properly run establishment, safe for Americans with good food and good drinks. Go ahead...try something else I don't care. I'm going back to Sammy's. I aint never had a taco like THAT.

Eating food in the country of Mexico? Not sure I understand your question. Millions of people live there and almost that many stay there on vacations every year and eat there- of course it's safe!

You will not find ground beef in the tacos or enchiladas unless you go to the tourist places- that is considered "american mexican food". Why not try some delicious authentic mexican food? There are lots of great places on this thread with suggestions on where to go.

Oh give me a break...my enchiladas have ground beef in them as well as chorizo (like my great-grandmother made and she came from Chihuahua Mexico). That's what our family could afford. Not authentic? Whatever.

Oh give me a break...my enchiladas have ground beef in them as well as chorizo (like my great-grandmother made and she came from Chihuahua Mexico). That's what our family could afford. Not authentic? Whatever.

It does have alot to do with region...here in Baja Sur, molida de res (ground beef) is not used alot in enchiladas but it is used alot in chile rellanos and in crisy tacos at the gringo places. Cost has alot to do with it here.