Cruise Critic Community
editor@cruisecritic

Have any of your cruises been impacted by a hurricane?

We were in Costa Maya just before Dean, made me sad to see so much destruction, to such a beautiful place, still have a great piece of jewelry to remind me of our great time there, hope to go back some day.

We also got delayed out of Mobile a couple of years back, leaving in November, but all was good, we got to go somewhere we had never been, and got onboard credit, a refund of some port charges. All was good, kind of liked the adventure. We did spend 2 days in Prattville AL, at the Bass Pro shops, so DH was fine as well. Spent all his gambiling $ in Bass Pro.

Oh yes, I can relate, anytime DH gets to spend time at Bass Pro is a good time for him...LOL

I was on the aug 19 2012 easter caribbean cruise. The cruise sailed of sunday Monday we were in the bahamas Tue we were at sea we were supposed to be in st thomas on wed when on tuesday the captain informed us that we were gonna have a change in the itinery. So wed we went to Jamaica and instead of st marteen we were going to cozumel. Well after we left Jamaica e found 58 Haitian refugees at seas that e rescued. Sat morning around 10AM the captain tells us we are gonna be stuck at sea 2 extra day due to hurricane issac. So instead of a 7 day cruise we got a 9 day cruise 6218 passangers and over 2000 crew the captain was amazing and not only that he joined the ship the same day as us.