Birthday Party

Denali2003

Hello. I am wanting to plan a birthday party for my DH on our April 2012 cruise. I have a few questions:

* How do I go about reserving an area?

* Do I have to pay for a cake?

* Can I have it in one of the clubs that has music?

* Do they provide decorations?

* If not, can I bring my own?

Thank You!

Interesting question. I would think they would charge something for the use of the room or everyone would be reserving them for parties. I see so many large groups on cruises these days.

Hopefully someone that has had a party will post with some information.

We had a birthday party for my hubby in our stateroom once. The room steward assisted in ordering everything we would need to be delivered at a certain time. I brought the decorations onboard myself (as Princess doesn't supply those). Afterwards, we had reserved a table at the Steakhouse for a group of our friends onboard (12-14). At the end of dinner, they brought out a huge fresh strawberry decorated birthday cake for him (complimentary).

I don't think they would allow you to decorate one of the clubs for a private birthday party, but the stateroom would be fine. You can check with the club you would like to have it in, and see if they 'might' reserve a table or two for you, but I don't think they will allow you to decorate that area. It never hurts to ask once onboard though, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on having this in a public lounge with decorations. ;)

Our cabin isn't big enough. I guess it would also depend on how many people are coming (it will be our CC friends on that cruise). Although it would be easier to get him to the cabin than a "venue". I want it to be a surprise. We have a balcony cabin. Maybe if we tip the steward real nice at the beginning of the cruise (which we were thinking of anyways), he can sneak us a cake ;) I may sneak some decorations in my suitcase. :p

Our cabin isn't big enough. I guess it would also depend on how many people are coming (it will be our CC friends on that cruise). Although it would be easier to get him to the cabin than a "venue". I want it to be a surprise. We have a balcony cabin. Maybe if we tip the steward real nice at the beginning of the cruise (which we were thinking of anyways), he can sneak us a cake ;) I may sneak some decorations in my suitcase. :p

Talk to the Matire d' about a cake, the room steward wouldn't have anything to do with arranging that. It might cost you a few bucks, but for a surprise it would be worth it. Good Luck!

A few years ago we ordered a cake to share with our table mates for our anniversary at dinner. It was a beautiful sugar free strawberry cream cake (one of our table mates was diabetic). My husband made the arrangements with the Matire d'. It was an 8 or 9 inch round and cost $8.00. It was delicious.

Hi There

I requested a large chocolate birthday cake big enough for all at our diner table,

was not expecting the half bottle of rum they added but nothing was left.

For a private function you could request the use of one the conference rooms, but they would be no bar,

yours Shogun

Archived