Fall 2011 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

KandCsailing

Coming back on September 19th.

• American soccer goalie star Hope Solo with Maksim Chmerkovskiy

• The show's first transgender contestant, Chaz Bono, will dance with Lacey Schwimmer.

• Soap star and Iraqi war veteran J.R. Martinez has been paired with seasoned Dancing vet Karina Smirnoff.

• HLN's Nancy Grace will face the judges with Irish dance pro Tristan MacManus.

• Reality star Rob Kardashian with Cheryl Burke.

• Los Angeles Laker Ron Artest, who is dancing for his cancer-survivor daughter, has Peta Murgatroyd as his partner.

• actress Ricki Lake with returning pro Derek Hough

• George Clooney's ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis will perform with Maksim's brother Val Chmerkovskiy.

• Style star Carson Kressley with pro Anna Trebunskaya.

• Musician Chynna Phillips with Tony Dovolani

• Actor David Arquette with Kym Johnson

• reality star Kristin Cavallari with Mark Ballas

Personally, I think Derek can be too much a baby/whiner/whatever.

I didn't see the new list until this thread.

Nancy Grace is going to dance? And Ron Artest?:eek: I am a sportsfan

and for any of you who are not, he is a basketball player and at

one point he was one of the most constroversial players in the

entire NBA:rolleyes:.....a few years ago he ran up into the stands and

punched out fans:rolleyes:...he most recently played for the Lakers.

Not an A lister, B lister or in my opinion, even a C lister. Boy

they must be having a hard time finding "Stars" to dance.

Personally, I think Derek can be too much a baby/whiner/whatever.

I didn't see the new list until this thread.

Nancy Grace is going to dance? And Ron Artest?:eek: I am a sportsfan

and for any of you who are not, he is a basketball player and at

one point he was one of the most constroversial players in the

entire NBA:rolleyes:.....a few years ago he ran up into the stands and

punched out fans:rolleyes:...he most recently played for the Lakers.

Not an A lister, B lister or in my opinion, even a C lister. Boy

they must be having a hard time finding "Stars" to dance.

I'm with you Lois, I've watched DWTS since it started and I really think it's getting to it's "sell by date", maybe has passed it. The last few seasons DH and I have pretty much picked out the finalist after the 1st dance.

Nancy Grace? George Clooney's ex girlfriend?

Coming back on September 19th.

• American soccer goalie star Hope Solo with Maksim Chmerkovskiy

• George Clooney's ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis will perform with Maksim's brother Val Chmerkovskiy.

Two Chmerkovskiys!!! How intersesting. Love the show.

My DH is even going to watch the show this time, with Ron Artest in the line up ,it could get really interesting, he is a loose cannon. He is on the Lakers now and makes for an intersting time watching him. And to have Max's brother on the show , well I think that should be good too. Have to admit it , I know Max is a bit of a bad boy at times, but can't help it I like to see him on the show. And Nancy Grace , well ,I just don;t know but I think her partner might have his hands full there, does not seem like she would like taking instructions very much. Can't wait , I love the show.

Cori

From what I could remember (the memory's getting more sieve-like each day), the pros who have been appearing either regularly or lately that aren't on this season are: Louis van Amstel, Chelsie Hightower and Dmitry Chaplin. Is there anyone else I'm missing?

I had a feeling that Chaz Bono would get paired with Lacey -- edgy celeb with edgy pro. And am I the only one who wishes that anyone named "Kardashian" would just vanish?

Im looking forward to seeing Max's brother and am glad Derik Hough is returning.

I'm also looking forward to see the costumes and gowns.

The one I cannot imagine is Nancy Grace. Tonight she just reamed out a defense lawyer on her show--I mean she verbally brutalized him. I just don't know how she will respond to a competition such as DWTS. Maybe she'll bite back at the judges if they don't like her dancing...or maybe she'll surprise me and be very gracious.

I'm thinking the contest will come down to the lady soccer player and David Arquette. Clooney's ex-girlfriend might surprise us too--too early to say.

Let the dancing begin!

I'm not at all looking forward to this season. I agree with twinkstarr. I think they've outlived their interest. There are no "Stars", only names you might know. I mean, George Clooney's ex? Give me a break. Sleeping with George does not make you a star. Nancy Grace? Another give me a break. She's not a star but a loud mouthed opinionated bozo. Another Kardashian? PLEASE !!! Now that their mother is going to be on The Talk, I'm not going to watch that show anymore either. None of the contestants holds any interest for me. DWTS is obviously having a hard time finding anyone to be on their show, if this year's lineup is any indication.

Lois, I wonder if Ron Artest will perform under his new name, Metta World Peace?

this was supposed to be a bunch of alleged A List stars...

whatever...i will only watch til Maks gets kicked off...frankly i don't care who he dances with....:D

I so agree!:D Although this year, we have his brother to watch too!

Sherri:)

• 2 weeks later...

SEASON 13: Monday, Sept. 19...Brooke is lovely in emerald green sequins. Her gown is one shouldered with a diagonal neckline. The only sleeve is short and bell-shaped, showing off Brooke's toned arms. Brooke's hair is long and straight. I still don't know if Brooke's dress is full length or cocktail length or even perhaps a mini.

The cast looks eager to start the festivities.

Brooke looks the best I've ever seen her. The green gown is lovely. Chynna's gown was absolutely fantastic. I could see that gown on a cruise. I'm so totally sick of anything Kardashian. And Khloe's big mouth needed to be shut.

WOW, Nancy Grace has some big boobs. And they need better support. I think she'll be gone early. Ron Artest was also pretty bad.

I'm wondering how much Hollywood tape the needed to keep Cheryl's girls from falling out of her very low cut dress?

Major pleasantly surprised by David Arquette. Loved Kym's dress.

Somehow it seemed appropriate that Elisabetta started her dance in a bed, seeing how she's a "star" for sleeping with George Clooney. How can she not understand English after living with George for 2 years?

Rickki Lake's lavender gown is gorgeous. I could wear that dress on a cruise.

Archived