A Big Day for Us

OrpingtonT

Wow! Congratulations. 60 years? We just celebrated our 46th 4 days ago (28th). Now I'm really getting sorry we had to cancel that Nov 20 TA; I would have liked to help you celebrate.

Congratulations from the Queen! You must be proud.

Oh Tom and Barbara, what a magnificent occasion! You two are the textbook example of dedication and love among husband and wife. Ida and I are very fortunate to have spent some time with you on last year's crossing. Warmest Congratulations!

That is so cool! (Both the occasion, and the letter.)

Congratulations! We will be boarding Mariner the day you get off, I'll send a thought to you that morning! And on a related note, I know of 2 couples on my cruise (my parents and a party I made contact with on our cruise's roll call) who are/will be celebrating 58 years wed.

Congratulations, Orpy and bride. First shot was Her Majesty, and I thought - "ello wots this ere." And then the letter. Wonderful, old chap !! And so now you will revel in all the funny questions.

Now I know that in another 2 years I might get the same letter !!

I just paid the balance of our Dec.4 cruise on Mariner. So we can both carry on as usual . " Live it up " as our friends keep exhorting me.

Stay healthy. Bottoms up !!

Miriam, George and I celebrated our 30th this year as well. Don't know if we will make it to 60 as I may kill him first. He has taken a wild hair and is running for city council.

Tom, George sends his congrats as well. He thought the letter from the Queen was very cool.

Hi OrpingtonT and B

So this is how our taxes are wasted! Hope you get an upgrade on the next cruise.

Tucruisers

What better way to spend taxes than to think about us oldies. After all, you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for people like us! And an upgrade would be nice--Regent and Mark Conroy take note. ;)

And so nice of the Queen to remember! :D

Yes. She's good like that. Maybe she had a nudge from our family, via the Lord Chamberlain. Barbara suggested she sent the message because she only wants an invite to our party!

It was a bit self-indulgent of me to post in a new thread. I should have posted in the "coffee corner" thread but I forgot about that one. However we do appreciate all the good wishes from some very good friends we have met on Regent and from all of you Cruise Critics.

Archived