elite question

colkeena

What drinks are served at the captain's club lounge each evening from5-7?Just wine or also rum and coke, etc.?

Thanks

Celebrity is very generous with the drink choices in the Captains Club "Elite" cocktail party. Many choices from martinis to sodas and much in between. A variety of wine,mixed drinks and soft drinks were offered along with appetizers. No problem getting a rum and coke. We were very impressed as compared to Royal Caribbeans "Diamond " cocktail party where our choices were very limited. Celebrity throws a very nice party, I think you will be impressed.:D

Celebrity is very generous with the drink choices in the Captains Club "Elite" cocktail party. Many choices from martinis to sodas and much in between. A variety of wine,mixed drinks and soft drinks were offered along with appetizers. No problem getting a rum and coke. We were very impressed as compared to Royal Caribbeans "Diamond " cocktail party where our choices were very limited. Celebrity throws a very nice party, I think you will be impressed.:D

On Connie TransAtl in May they had over 300 elite onboard and put out an awful lot and quite a variety of drinks in the elite lounge. Server quickly learned our preferences and had drink ready at arrival once you establish a pattern. Wife often got a Kir Royale. If you participate in this 'elite social' regularly we received the equivalent of $25 worth of drinks nightly in the 1 hour before our early seating. A 'guilty pleasure' that did take edge off of dinner. HAPPY CRUISING

As others said, the drink menu is quite extensive. They also have drinks at the daily Elite breakfast with a more limited menu (but it is early in the morning). Our only complaint is that the cocktail hours are early (usually 4 to 6) which is great for early diners, but not so good for those of us who dine in the evening :)

Hank

As others said, the drink menu is quite extensive. They also have drinks at the daily Elite breakfast with a more limited menu (but it is early in the morning). Our only complaint is that the cocktail hours are early (usually 4 to 6) which is great for early diners, but not so good for those of us who dine in the evening :)

Hank

On our most recent Equinox cruise, the hours were 5-7. Unless it has been changed, I would assume that it has been over a year since your last Celebrity cruise. However, I cannot speak for the Med. cruises.

Hank

On our most recent Equinox cruise, the hours were 5-7. Unless it has been changed, I would assume that it has been over a year since your last Celebrity cruise. However, I cannot speak for the Med. cruises.

1700 to 1900 is the correct time for Happy Hour(s). ~ Ric

W e are off the last week of the Alaskan cruise and I have to commend the staff on their dilengece on our drink orders . We would get down to the last third of our drink and a new round of drinks would appear. We tipped liberly but they were excellent. Both the host, the bartender and the the server all worked together to make sure your experience was an excellent one and we were a party of 4. As to Royal Carribean we have always been very happy with the selection, they were always accomadating in any drink order we have ever had. We are drinkers and both Cel and RCCl have been excellent in taking care of us.:)

Our last X cruise was about 9 months ago on the Mercury and I could swear the Elite hours were 4 -6 (but I could be having a senior moment). If it is 5 -7 that would be much better for us cause we could go to the cocktail hours and then head back to the cabin at 7 to shower and change for dinner. We have 2 X cruises coming up in the next 3 months so we shall see.

Hank

Our last X cruise was about 9 months ago on the Mercury and I could swear the Elite hours were 4 -6 (but I could be having a senior moment). If it is 5 -7 that would be much better for us cause we could go to the cocktail hours and then head back to the cabin at 7 to shower and change for dinner. We have 2 X cruises coming up in the next 3 months so we shall see.

Hank

Hi Hank, they changed the hours after your last night cruise. 5-7 now.

I realize booze is of paramount importance....but I should mention that they also pass very good hors d'oeuvres as well during the Elite event.

Sometimes. When we were on Summit to Bermuda last summer, there weren't a lot of Elites on board, so they held the happy hour in Michaels Club. They had a lot of hot hors d'oeuvres which were furnished by the specialty restaurant.

With a lot of Elites on board, it was held up in the Sky Lounge, and the hors d'oeuvres were pretty much the same as the stateroom canapes. I didn't have a problem with that because I am in the minority of those who likes the canapes. :eek: The good thing about having it in the Sky Lounge is that the bar is behind closed doors. A $5 to your server would get you just about any drink you wanted. :)

I, personally, don't tip for each drink in the Elite lounge -- I tend to sit in the same place and get the same server, and about half way through the cruise I give him/her something, then again at the end. Some people start by picking one server and tipping up front, then not again. Others wait until the end. And probably the vast majority don't tip the servers in the Elite lounge at all. YMMV.

So you all bring cash every night to tip for each individual drink? Or is there a way to add a tip at the end of the cruise that all the staff would share (an envelope for Elite events?)?

First time Elites (yay!) and want to do the right thing.

No, I don't tip for each drink. I give him/her a $5 when we get our first drinks each night. It's such a small price to pay for a few beers and a couple of cosmos. After that, you don't have to run around looking for a server, and you are always asked if you would like last call.

Celebrity only gives them $10 for the 2-hour gig, so they appreciate whatever extra you give them. The monies do not go into a pool, so it's best to take care of those who take care of you.

No, I don't tip for each drink. I give him/her a $5 when we get our first drinks each night. It's such a small price to pay for a few beers and a couple of cosmos. After that, you don't have to run around looking for a server, and you are always asked if you would like last call.

Celebrity only gives them $10 for the 2-hour gig, so they appreciate whatever extra you give them. The monies do not go into a pool, so it's best to take care of those who take care of you.

I appreciate the information about cocktail hour tipping.

How do you handle the tips for the breakfast functions? DH enjoys a bloody mary with breakfast.

Marisela

I appreciate the information about cocktail hour tipping.

How do you handle the tips for the breakfast functions? DH enjoys a bloody mary with breakfast.

Marisela

If it's down in Michaels Club, I have one or two and leave a couple of dollars. I usually sit at the bar. They reserve a seat for me on every cruise. :D Usually the one behind the bar making the coffees, also makes my bloody marys.

The breakfast is nice & continental. Fruit, pastries, meats & cheeses, + fresh squeezed juices. I prefer it to the omlets & waffles and all the other stuff at the buffet. I'll go up to the buffet occasionally for some eggs benedict or one of their great waffles, but then cruise down to Michaels for my bloody mary.

If it's down in Michaels Club, I have one or two and leave a couple of dollars. I usually sit at the bar. They reserve a seat for me on every cruise. :D Usually the one behind the bar making the coffees, also makes my bloody marys.

The breakfast is nice & continental. Fruit, pastries, meats & cheeses, + fresh squeezed juices. I prefer it to the omlets & waffles and all the other stuff at the buffet. I'll go up to the buffet occasionally for some eggs benedict or one of their great waffles, but then cruise down to Michaels for my bloody mary.

Thank you Wine:)-O

Your tipping policy stands in line with ours. A dollar tip per drink no matter where we get it.

I'll drink with you anytime we cruise together. We'll surely meet at the bar.

Marisela

Well THERE'S a surprise! :D

We didn't use this perk at all on our two Solstice cruises, as the timing was 4-6. We're looking forward to it on Silhouette!

Andrew

IMHO, 4-6 is too early for a breakfast or cocktail "perk".

Maybe, that's why you didn't use it.

Maris

Archived