Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laplabs

Looking to book while on board?

We are cruising on RCL in Nov. i am looking to take my mom on a Mediterranean cruise and wondering what kind of costs as far as deposits etc for booking while on board. I took a cruise on Carnival and it was $100 deposit per room and 3 years to pick a cruise. Anything comparible on RC?

Deposit is $100 for each that person you are booking a future cruise for and you usually receive an onboard credit for booking while on board to be used on your future cruise.

We have always selected our next cruise then and there but I know you can make a non-specific reservation as well. I'm not sure of the time limit for using it though.

You can also add a person after the fact but you will be paying the full deposit amount for that person when you do so (we did this this last time by adding our daughter once we got home).

Know what the cabin you want costs before you see the LA otherwise you have no idea if what they are offering is good or not. We've had both good and bad experiences and have learned to do our homework before accepting any "offer".

Unlike the Carnival offer that you mention, there is no time limit on Royal Caribbean.

You can book either a specific cruise or you can purchase a "Why Not Decide Later" certificate.

In a JS or lower category, the deposit is $100 per person. In a GS or higher, you must pay the full deposit, and those are double the regular deposits, which are based on the length of the cruise.

You will receive OBC from the cruiseline for that cruise that you book. Again, the amount depends on the length of your booked cruise.

Only members of the Crown & Anchor Society can book another cruise while on board, but the Loyalty Ambassador, who is also the Future Cruise Consultant, will be happy to sign you up.

I have generally found that the prices for booking onboard are better than the prices via the internet.

For our Serenade cruise we MAY have had a price drop of about $50 per person by time we went but I truly don't remember the details any longer.

For this upcoming cruise, the prices have gone up considerably. It was $630 MORE per person when looking at the website this weekend! :eek: We are still about 40 days out from embarkation so there is still time for a drop. I really don't think a drop of that much is even an possibility so the price the LA got us last year for this years cruise has held up!

I booked a cruise for next October while on board the Allure last week. The deposit was $100pp and I booked (2) D1 cabins and a JS - total paid so far $600. When I go onto the reservation it says that a $500 payment is due this Thursday for each cabin - $1500. Is this correct? I booked my next Celebrity cruise while I was on Celebrity and only had to pay the deposit of $100pp. Thank you.

What if you already have a future cruise booked? If prices have not changed, would you recommend canceling to get the $250 deposit back then re-book while on board and pay the $100 deposit? I assume you have the risk of the cruise price going up. Any other thoughts?

I booked a cruise for next October while on board the Allure last week. The deposit was $100pp and I booked (2) D1 cabins and a JS - total paid so far $600. When I go onto the reservation it says that a $500 payment is due this Thursday for each cabin - $1500. Is this correct? I booked my next Celebrity cruise while I was on Celebrity and only had to pay the deposit of $100pp. Thank you.
Don,t take my word . It is so easy to email or call. I booked last Dec for the $100.00 per person for a Dec cruise this year. That payment due just keeps coming up on the reservation page.. They would love for you to pay it. It is how they programed thier system. You signed a contract on the ship and they will honor that. I did not have to pay anything, except the initial Dep. The final payment is due In 2 weeks. Hope this helps.

Don,t take my word . It is so easy to email or call. I booked last Dec for the $100.00 per person for a Dec cruise this year. That payment due just keeps coming up on the reservation page.. They would love for you to pay it. It is how they programed thier system. You signed a contract on the ship and they will honor that. I did not have to pay anything, except the initial Dep. The final payment is due In 2 weeks. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply. They had already closed last night before I posted and I had tried to call. I just thought it was strange that the payment due was listed when nothing shows for our Celebrity cruise until final payment is due. I will contact them today. :)

Can you book future cruise onboard Celebrity, pay $100 pp, get future OBC and then transfer the booking made on the ship to a TA to be able to get future price decreases and additional perks from the TA? Or is it better to just buy the open passages and not choose a ship or cabin in advance on the ship. Those i know you can transfer to a TA.

Can you book future cruise onboard Celebrity, pay $100 pp, get future OBC and then transfer the booking made on the ship to a TA to be able to get future price decreases and additional perks from the TA? Or is it better to just buy the open passages and not choose a ship or cabin in advance on the ship. Those i know you can transfer to a TA.

You can create a NextCruise for any RCI sailing on any Celebrity ship. You are creating a non-specific cruise with the reduced deposit. Once you have converted that NextCruise into a specific sailing, you will have 60 days from the conversion date to transfer to your TA.

I think it's probably best to get an open passage. Yes you can transfer to a TA. However, I booked a specific sailing, then when I wanted to transfer to a TA who was also offering a spa credit, RCI said yes I can transfer but since I had already booked the specific sailing I could not get the spa credit the TA was offering (even though the TA had no problem with giving it) ...RCI ordered the TA not to give it to me. So booking a specific sailing can bite you.