Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trainman-2

LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

A Special Thanks To Mother Nature...

Every night and early most mornings Mother Nature has provided a free light show with Lightening flashing from Cloud to Cloud and sometimes to the Sea. Most of this has be distant but one or two have been close.

This morning we had early storms close but by 8 am the sun has dissipated the clouds.

It has been a perfect Sea Day today...

DSCN3700.jpg

We will be going on the Oasis of the Seas again in a few months- Does anybody know if and when the show and all entertainment will be changed? We loved the entertainment last year- but hope for a different show line up on our next cruise. In addition, we will be doing a back to back cruise on the Oasis and do not expect the second week to be different then the first- but Hairspray three times?:rolleyes:

Attention CPAP Users...

My CPAP on the shelf on my night stand

DSCN3698.jpg

With the Mattress pulled up you can see the hidden plug under the bed

DSCN3699.jpg

Sorry but we have canceled our Jan 21 Oasis cruise and rescheduled on the Allure, 15 Jan 2012. We will be cruising with Rev again.

Trainman, thanks for a great reveiw. We will be cruising with Rev in Dec. she sounds like a hoot. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

With the Mattress pulled up you can see the hidden plug under the bed

DSCN3699.jpg

So there are more outlets (besides the ones UNDER the counter) in the cabins!!! Thanks Trainman-2 for revealing them to us!

Marine Life...

This morning we saw one Flying Fish

This afternoon I saw two Porpoises swimming by the ship going the opposite direction.

So there are more outlets (besides the ones UNDER the counter) in the cabins!!! Thanks Trainman-2 for revealing them to us!

yeah, a big THX...I heard they were there but I certainly couldn't find them....low and behold there they are....as my mom use to say if it had been a snake it would have bitten me...haha

In case you missed Trainman's Live from Allure thread (January 23-30, 2011), here it is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343766&highlight=allure+trainman2

I'd also recommend checking out Radio's Live Allure thread as well (May 22, 2011): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1416763&highlight=allure+radio. Both are excellent, as always! ;)

Thanks! I am going to check those out now:)

Sorry but we have canceled our Jan 21 Oasis cruise and rescheduled on the Allure, 15 Jan 2012. We will be cruising with Rev again.

On the shore end of the Falmouth Shopping district is a Yellow Building. That is the central clearing house for taxis, buses, and excursions. I am sure you can set something up there.

Thanks for the info.

We loved the Allure also!

Seriously.... go outside, take a deep breath and a healthy helping of friendly advice, "Mind your own business and don't worry about what other folks are doing".

-germ

He was kidding....

Trainman, we are really enjoying your review and terrific pictures. We will be on the Oasis (Oct.1st) for my Birthday cruise. Just wondered about your upgrade in staterooms at check-in. How did they finally get your luggage to you in a different stateroom?? We are long time D+ and are still hoping for an upgrade!! We have only had one upgrade a few years ago. Again, thanks for all your insights!! John & Priscilla :) :)

Trainman, I notice you mentioned the upgrade was a nice benefit (aka "free") from Royal. Did you happen to get the upgrade during check-in at port or ahead of time with online notification? A few more details of the elusive upgrade fairy's process would be great.

Thanks!

Bagel?????? It's always on an English Muffin. Rumor has it that they toss you overboard if you try to make a Trainman special with a bagel.

YES, I stand corrected!!! Thank you, you are right.

Tim

Do you like the larger ship over the"Freedom" Looks like a balcony room is smaller and overall tighter spaces everywhere. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, for I we are looking at booking our 2nd cruise. We were on the Freedom last year, however did not get a chance to meet you however saw you a couple of times from a distance.

Hi, I have a C-Pap machine too. Did you bring your own distilled water for it or can you get that on the ship? I really don't feel like bringing water if I don't have to. Please let me know about the water issue.

Thanks,

Seadiva2

We found the Pirate Ship. It is the "Captain Hook" www.capitanhook.com

There are actually two ships, a big one for the passengers and a smaller on to attack it during a mock sea battle. I was impressed with the ship and the crew and when we come back we are going to take the lunch tour.

We checked out the web site but they don't talk about a lunch tour. Did they provide you with any other information about how to book it or the cost?

Ruthie

Wow, I will look for them. I wonder why they put them there????

Thank you for the information on smoking spots. A person our group is a smoker so this is good information.

FOR SMOKERS ONLY!

The pool deck walkway on the Port (left) Side is a designated smoking area between the two elevator banks.

Smoking is not permitted in the Lounge Chair Areas around the pools.

This is a nice shady area (and mostly dry on rainy days) with lots of lounge chairs and tables near the Pool Bar.

DSCN3694.jpg

DSCN3695.jpg

DSCN3243.jpg

Hi, I have a C-Pap machine too. Did you bring your own distilled water for it or can you get that on the ship? I really don't feel like bringing water if I don't have to. Please let me know about the water issue.

Thanks,

Seadiva2

I have Sleep Apnea and use a C-PAP as well. If you email the special needs department they should have distilled water and an extension cord waiting for you in your cabin.

Take a look at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1263384

Here is a photo that shows how close the ship is to the shopping complex in Falmouth.

DSCN3599.jpg

Falmouth has joined Colon, Panama as the most convenient shopping area for handicapped people. Walkers and scooters can navigate both areas easily!

And another to add to your list of convenient shoping area for everyone is St Lucia. Off the ship and 100' max, right indoors which opens to the left and the right into a lovely outdoor mall area with all kinds of shops, phones, and nice places for a drink -- hard or soft.

ABBACADABRA is a great show. We saw them on the Liberty a few years ago. I won't spoil it but I especially liked their ending.

We also saw them on a cruise a few years ago and loved them. However, a couple we spent a lot of time with actually thought they were ABBA and kept saying how happy they were that they finally got to see them!! We didn't even try to explain the difference. We didn't want to disappoint them!

We found the Pirate Ship. It is the "Captain Hook" www.capitanhook.com

There are actually two ships, a big one for the passengers and a smaller on to attack it during a mock sea battle. I was impressed with the ship and the crew and when we come back we are going to take the lunch tour.

DSCN3610.jpg

DSCN3612.jpg

DSCN3613.jpg

DSCN3615.jpg

DSCN3616.jpg

DSCN3617.jpg

please tell me about the excursion? how long? how fun? etc?