LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Is that a tank full of Dos Equis?!?!?! :eek: :p

Glad you and Judith had a good day today!!

I don't know what is in the tank but that is Senior Frog's Place.

We did not get to watch the Sail-Away yesterday so I don't know if anyone missed the ship or had to run.

There was a great story going around the Concierge Lounge during the Cocktail Hour yesterday about three young guys returning to the ship.

They were all drunk but one was really drunk and the other two had his arms around their shoulders and were sort of dragging him back to the ship. Apparently they had some problems dragging him through the metal detector but they eventually got it done and got him on the ship.

Trainman,

So enjoying your posts! You are the master of cruise information.

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the light switches which would show the "master switch" so those of us who are going in the future would know what to look for and would know not to turn that switch off?

Thanks!

island284

Trainman,

So enjoying your posts! You are the master of cruise information.

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the light switches which would show the "master switch" so those of us who are going in the future would know what to look for and would know not to turn that switch off?

Thanks!

island284

No Problem...

DSCN3792.jpg

The upper switch in the photo below is the "Master Switch"

It is marked but hard to read in the photo...

DSCN3794.jpg

Tonight we Dined at 150 Central Park

DSCN3714.jpg

It is truly a Fine Dining Experience and I recommend it to everyone. However, it is unlike anything Judith or I, and probably most of you, have experienced.

It is a fixed, 7 course menu, with only one choice:

- Veal Tenderloin

- or

- Beef Tenderloin

The portions were small but interesting. Judith is not a fish person and didn't like the poached sea bass. I liked it. Everything else was pretty good.

They gave us souvenir menus which I will scan when I get home.

Thank you very much for this review....the sunrises.... and the little things that you have written about.....its been a pleasure.:)

I have a question....We will be on the Oasis and Allure in October and plan on eating at 150 Central park... prob. on both ships........I know its not really required to tip the server....What is the normal tip for this venue....I know extra tipping is personal and descretionary but I am always unsure as to what if anything to tip in the specialty restaurants.

Thank you very much for this review....the sunrises.... and the little things that you have written about.....its been a pleasure.:)

I have a question....We will be on the Oasis and Allure in October and plan on eating at 150 Central park... prob. on both ships........I know its not really required to tip the server....What is the normal tip for this venue....I know extra tipping is personal and descretionary but I am always unsure as to what if anything to tip in the specialty restaurants.

As I understand it, the "Fee" that we are charged for the specialty restaurants if for the tip. Based on this, I do not leave any additional tip.

While you are there at the back of the ship, could you take a picture of the last Boardwalk Balcony on deck 10 from the last row of seats in the Aqua Theater. Trying to gauge just how high it is from the last rows of seats from the theater. Take a picture too if you can of the stage from that last row of seats also if you get a chance.

Do you know or not if there is a special section of seating for Diamond Plus Members in Aqua Theater?

Jimbo:)

Where did you get them?

Trainman-2 you were in Cozumel yesterday and you could have found them there! Now you have to book another cruise just so you can go back and buy them LOL! DH and I love those too, we bought several of them in Mazatlan. So, I think anywhere in Mexico, you will find these figurines.

Try http://www.1potteryhouse.com/ in Breadenton FL.

They do mail order and seem to have several different styles and sizes!

I've been lurking. I'm glad to learn that We'll be cruising together in January.

Have you bumped into any of the dialysis at sea staff/ patients while onboard?

They hide us in the infirmary on Deck 2 aft alot!

Thanks for a great week.

Safe travels.

Dinner In The MDR

I accidentally hit a button or combination of buttons on my camera and now it is acting "funny" so forgive the photos please.

There are the menus

DSCN3783.jpg

DSCN3784.jpg

Judith had the Sirloin Steak from the Alternative Menu

DSCN3787.jpg

I had the Pork Loin

DSCN3786.jpg

Both were good...

So I see theres a celebrate cravings menu on the left side...is that on the menu everyday or just certain nights?

I am sorry to change the subject away from Trainmans review, however I see your comment on Dialysis @ Sea. Are you a patient? My father is on dialysis and I have often wondered how the program at see is. Yes the company says it is wonderful. Would love your thoughts? How do you get away from all the salt or do they prepare special meals for you. My apologies for the subject change for a quick moment.

Trainman-2 you were in Cozumel yesterday and you could have found them there! Now you have to book another cruise just so you can go back and buy them LOL! DH and I love those too, we bought several of them in Mazatlan. So, I think anywhere in Mexico, you will find these figurines.

We have a bunch of them too.... bought them all in Cozumel.

-germ

I am sorry to change the subject away from Trainmans review, however I see your comment on Dialysis @ Sea. Are you a patient? My father is on dialysis and I have often wondered how the program at see is. Yes the company says it is wonderful. Would love your thoughts? How do you get away from all the salt or do they prepare special meals for you. My apologies for the subject change for a quick moment.

You may find helpful threads (search 'dialysis') on the Disabled Cruise Travel forum here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

There has been talk on our Oasis thread about a coupon in the Diamond & Plus book for a discount on the calls to phone home. The word on the street is: with the coupon the charge per minute, for use of the cabin phone to the US, is $2. And it is good for the whole cruise. This is quite a saving from the typical $7.95 fee and cheaper than using your cell phone. Is this the truth or a rumor?

It's true! A 75% discount...which we used to reschedule our flights when Maria got in our way :D

Archived