LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Yes, both of the Coast Guard Boats are carrying M-60 machine guns. This is the standard for these small boats.

Both safety and readiness are important issues with these machine guns. I found the photo below on the Internet and it is from a similar Coast Guard Boat in San Diego Harbor. Note that the Ammunition belt has been fed into the gun and it is ready to fire after the operator releases the "Safety" on the gun it self.

M60closeup.jpg

The young men and women of the US Coast Guard are well trained professionals and know their jobs. Note that in all three photos the machine guns are pointed "up into the air" which is an additional safety step.

It is nice to know that these young professionals are there watching out for us.

While you are there at the back of the ship, could you take a picture of the last Boardwalk Balcony on deck 10 from the last row of seats in the Aqua Theater. Trying to gauge just how high it is from the last rows of seats from the theater. Take a picture too if you can of the stage from that last row of seats also if you get a chance.

Do you know or not if there is a special section of seating for Diamond Plus Members in Aqua Theater?

Jimbo:)

Hi Jimbo-

I wanted to DM you with this response but I couldn't. My good friend got the room you to which you are referring in March '10. We had the room across the hall. The view of the aqua theater from the balcony in that room is pretty good. it is slightly obstructed, but I sat on the balcony to watch the belly flop competition and it was great. Some other friends watched the Aqua show from the balcony and enjoyed it. It was too crowded for 6 of us to sit on the balcony and have a good view though. Hope this is helpful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi. Thank you trainman; we were on oasis in april and have allure CL booked for april 2013! Cannot wait. One update: you CAN get omelettes made to order in the MDR during breakfast, even egg white omelettes w anything you want in them! Great selection of sliced fruit bar for bfast also. We actually did MDR for Lunch also: EXCELLENT salad bar with shrimp, procuitto, all salad fixins, etc... AND they chop and toss it for you if you like! Healthy and delicious! park cafe has same salad bar...

Did you eat at parc cafe at all? Again many thanks,

Archived