San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

Thanks Guys, I appreciate that!

Nope - never been on Celebrity before, so this is the perfect opportunity to try a new line! Almost didnt enter the drawing because it wasnt for a HAL cruise, but then I thought 'what the heck - I'm not gonna win anyway...'

Yes, I do get to bring someone! I've asked my sister, but I have the feeling that she's not gonna be able to because she's interviewing for a new job after having been out for a year w/ my new niece. So I may be looking for a new cruise buddy (Brian eyes the room...)

Since I have to take this cruise by the end of the year, and Century leaves Europe in October I'm gonna have to take this cruise shortly after returning home from the Alaska cruise - so looking at the Sept 16 sailing from Barcelona. Can you say "unpaid leave?" - oh well, it's only money!!!

Andrew, my middle name is Edward - so I won't mind if you call me "Ed"... ;)

So I may be looking for a new cruise buddy (Brian eyes the room...)

Would love to be "in the running" but not sure how it would set with my huzban!! And thankfully, our "cruise card" is filling up nicely for Fall 2005!

Perhaps you should set up a toll-free number for applicants? You know, something like 1-800-PICK-ME !!!

Andrew, my middle name is Edward - so I won't mind if you call me "Ed"... ;)

See Andrew, there's STILL hope for you!

I was just reading on another board that TODAY, Sunday, July 24 is our very own Brian's (bepsf) BIG four-oh!!! Can honestly say I wish I was in your shoes today, Brian!!!

Have a fabulous birthday and remember your 40's are gonna be equally fabulous!

Happy Birthday Brian, a day too late!:o

P-town is wonderful as always, but boy, they get younger every year! But don't worry Brian, 40 isn't fatal- I should know, I'm about to have the third anniversary of that birthday.:D

Andrew

Thanks for your good wishes guys! :)

If anyone is the slightest bit interested in a Cruise Critic LGBT Group cruise - I've started a thread to get ideas for itineraries and lines that you might like...

...pls feel free to weigh in!

Hey Beav, did you ever go see Debbie? A friend of ours went and said it was a great show.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Hi Ted,

To no surprise, Debbie Reynolds delivered a fantastic show at the Castro. It's always an all-evening affair. They open the doors at 6:00pm, where you file upstars to the mezaanine, grab a drink and some appetizers, then wait your turn in line to have photos w/Debbie. Then into the theatre and stake out your seats for the rest of the evening. In the meantime, they play film clips from her past movies. Around 8:00pm, Debbie is interviewed by Poseidon Adventure star Carol Lynley http://members.aol.com/epitaphjr/lynley.htm (as well as a little help from Jan Wahl). Debbie needs no one asking questions....just give her the microphone and she talks for days! She really worked the crowd, with campy lines and comebacks one after another. One line..."I've never been in a room with so many men who didn't want me......but ya love me!" Between Debbie, Connie Champagne, the pipe organ, etc, everyone was worked up into a frenzy! Finally, around 10:00pm, they screen a new print of "The Unsinkable Molly Brown". Great movie, with lots of shouts from the audience, especially the part where Harve Presnell has the knife seductively dangling between his legs! Finally, at 12:30am, everyone darts out of the theatre in a mad dash to catch the last BART train!

An evening in a theatre with 1000 screaming queens.......what could be better? (Other than a cruise, of course!)

That sounds like a hoot!

I was watching the Titanic thing on Discovery last nite...

Apparently Molly Brown had to be tossed into a lifeboat as she was so busy helping others into the boats that she had no intention of getting into one herself!

Thanks for your good wishes guys! :)

If anyone is the slightest bit interested in a Cruise Critic LGBT Group cruise - I've started a thread to get ideas for itineraries and lines that you might like...

...pls feel free to weigh in!

BepSF

Where is this group cruise information? I'm curious.

Back home after the P-town excursion, and my brother's wedding. Fun trip, but it was no cruise!

Glad to hear that the "Unsinkable" event was so much fun! Have to pull that movie out an watch it soon.

Everyone been behaving themselves?

Blazerboy--Surely you jest! Just last weekend we had the "Dore Alley Fair'" FESTIVAL in San Francisco! While my husband and did not attend, I suspect a good time was had by all. Our next door neighbor attended and said he had a good time--no details were provided! Some new condos have been built right by Dore Alley and I understand they were fenced off (maybe even with canvas covers) so that the nice people who bought condos there would not be disturbed by some of the 'not too clothed' people who attend the fair. If anyone from this board went to the Dore Alley fair, please tell us of your experience--assuming that your experience is printable.

I went - I thought it was rather (surprisingly) civilized....

...not much different than a small Folsom, unlike years past.

And I have a 2nd date w/ a guy that I met there (...the beefy one who was in the CHP uniform - Woof!)

I sure hope he likes to cruise...

;)

Was a busy weekend in the city and capped off by a great Monday evening attending "Help Is On The Way" at the palace of fine arts.

The show was great and they even had Jane Russel there (although they wheeled her onstage to sing her song and then wheeled her back off again)

well, it was a stchick type of wheeling, they used a hotel baggage trolley stacked with luggage and she was proppoed on top of the bags.

It was Jeff's birthday so we celebrated by doing something charitable.

Ed/Jeff

Ed and Jeff- No need to leave essentials like extra shoes behind! Leave behind the books, exercise clothes, even underwear, but NOT SHOES!:D

I even have to make sure that I have different loafers with both gold and silver buckles so that I can match belts and watches. So that right there is two pair of black, two pair of cordovan, and two pair of brown. And that doesn't even deal with smooth vs. suede, loafer vs. lace up, etc.!:eek:

Shoes- having too many is nature's way of telling you that you're gay!;)

Bon Voyage!

Andrew