Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob7

Mex Riv photos and cruise review

Great pictures! I will be going to all these places too.I wondered what they looked like. Always looking forward to your posts! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the review and the pictures. The photos have made it much easier for me to imagine the places I'll be visiting in July and the review had some very useful information and links.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this.

Hi Bob! Great pictures and review!! My daughter and I had a great trip as well. Sorry we never met up. I will have to get organized and post my pictures as well.

Jill

I really appreciate the blurbs with each picture. It adds so much to the scene to know what you are looking at. I've printed out your review to take with us it had so much helpful info.

Thank you for taking the extra time!

Great review, wonderful pic!!! Got lots of good info for our exact same trip on May 8 aboard the Vision. Really appreciated the heads up on protected sunning areas on deck 10 - will be sure to check these out! Thx again!

Thanks for the review and pictures - appreciate all the time and effort. I've printed your review too!

Thanks for taking the time to post - appreciated the review and the photos!! We'll be on that same cruise in a few weeks.

Thanks so much for posting the pics. Looks like you had a great cruise with nice weather. Going next Feb. Can't wait!!

Bob7,

Thanks for all the info you researched on day use at Cabo hotels. You saved me alot of time doing my own research. You sound like my kind of cruiser. I hope that someday our paths will cross on a ship. If they do, I will buy you a drink as a BIG thank you.:D

Thanks Bob7 for all the info. You have helped me plan what I believe will be my best anniversary yet!!

Thanks Bob7 for all of the great info on this and other threads. The information you've shared is sure making my planning a lot easier. Sounds like you both did exactly what we have in mind for our trip.

Thanks again!:D

Thx Bank and everyone else for the kind replies. Trading info on these boards has saved us tons of time, and made it possible to squeeze the most into our cruise.

We heard from some ppl that they were suprised that the Mex Riv is not like the new high rises in Cancun, so you'll enjoy sighseeing in Maz Old Town and PV downtown if you like the old Mexican architecture, (it reminded us of the French Quarter in New Orleans), old churches, teeming markets, lots of traffic and humanity, fun bars, everything hopping, lots of atmosphere. If all you want is to lay on the beach or by the pool and hear the breeze in the palm trees you'll love the resorts that offer free day use to cruisers, the Melia, Hacienda, and Pueblo Bonito in Cabo, the Krystal in PV, and the El Cid Castilla in the Golden Zone in Maz.

-Bob (cutting the lawn, weeding the garden, and dreaming of cruising)

Bob, we took your advice and spent a day at the Melia - what a great place! It was a highlight of our trip for sure. They treated us excellent, food and drinks were great, pool awesome etc... Thanks again. Jayna K

Bob, I know you mentioned the "breeze" on deck, was it like that every sea day? And what would you say the temps were during your cruise?

We are looking into next year, about the same time in March. Being in the northeast, we want to cruise when the weather is cold to someplace warm, not in the summer when it's warm at home! Right now the 3 ports we were planning are 80's and 90's! I had done a search for average temps, and it only showed 60's for March.

Enjoyed the pictures, and info!

Hi Katgar: yes we wanted warm days at sea too. The problem wasn't the temp, it was warm enough to lay out, especially if the sun was shining, but the prob was the gale force wind, both going and coming. It actually blew the shuffleboard pucks off the pattern. It was even blowing on one day when the sea was like glass early in the morning, blue sky. No one was in the loungers on the deck above the pool one day, but some where at the pool, but covered up with tops on. Maybe they're trade winds, I dunno. So the trick was to find somewhere in the sun but out of the wind, which we did on the RCI Vision (deck 10 bow end right in front of the glass panels, and deck 10 behind the Solarium), those spots were lovely. Cruisers on the CCL Pride in March reported the same experience. I haven't read other reviews for March or April to see if that happened every week. Sometimes ppl just said it was windy but didn't really explain if it meant no tanning etc.

The temp was great in the ports, just right for walking around, I think it was low 80's.

-Bob

Thanks, Bob!

We always expect some wind, after all, you're often moving at 20 knots! When I read about cold days, it worries me! My vision of cruising is warmth!!

So, it looks like this would still be a possibility for us. The timing is good, so I'll keep waiting and researching!

Kathy

Thanks you so much for your great review and pictures. We're planning a Celebrity cruise to Mexico in March 2006 and I got some great tips from your review.

Anne

I'm a weather watcher too. Our friends went in Feb. and had fabulous weather on their sea days. We went in April 04, and had nice weather. Not too hot, but nice enough to lay out. Feb. March are always iffy on the West Coast, I'd try for April if you can.

Hey Cali thx for posting the shots ... you look great with that big drink in your hand! (It was almost empty). Did you hit the resorts?

-Bob

Yes we hit all the resorts you recommended and the massages at Hotel Krystal were amazing. I posted a trip review entitled Cruise report 5/15 RCI Vision of Seas. We lounged at the Melia, El Cid El Moro & Hotel Krystal. My husband liked the El Cid the best because of the awesome rock formation, waterfall & waterslide. I had to drag him back to the boat or he would still be swimming in that pool. That pineapple drink you spoke of was actually pretty cheap, we were happily surprised with the prices in Mazatlan after drinking at the Melia in Cabo.