Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Hi, welcome to all our "Newbies", you've had some great successes!! Of course this time or year is just terrible for us, or can be, lol. Seems like I've been out of town the last 3-4 weekends and sitting in restaurants staring at the menus attempting to make the best choices. I've got parties and concerts as well, but at the concerts you can dance around and keep the juices flowing to burn the calories at least.

Work is just the worst! They came around with a list for next Tuesdays Dessert potluck!!! Nothing but fat, sugar and calories. I don't even want to participate in this, several of the girls in the clinic have been consistently losing weight and now this place is loaded with junk food, another birthday today, yikes. For me the best approach is to not eat one bite of anything, once I get started it's very hard to not keep going, this is just me, :) It's feels good to add this achievement in my journal entry. Another Birthday party tomorrow night, concert Friday and lunch out on Saturday and on and on. I CAN NOT WAIT for January, haha.

I'm going on a music theme cruise in March and visit their website often to see what bands have been added, what Islands and Ports they've added and it really inspires me to stick to it! We did this last March and I had a total blast but felt a little self-conscious around the half dressed "hardbodies", haha. I'm down about 22 lbs now and you know something, it's my guy friends who are noticing and encouraging me. Some girlfriends are too but they're not usually the 1st to mention it, (guess because they are all fighting the same battle, huh?). I'll take it from anyone!

OK, I'm a bit "rambly" today, take care everyone, hang in there over the Holidays, they will be over soon enough, we don't want to have to lose those pounds all over again. Oh, and to the poster who printed out the cruise ship menus and computed the points, you are a genius, I would never thought of that! Bravo, :)

I was sick and lost 1.4 lbs. we are cruising in 1month so this has got me motivated and I'm hoping to lose 4 more before the cruise. Started walking at the Y. Winters are hard for getting exercise with the cold. So far getting in 2 mile walks. Hope everyone has a great holiday season, hang in there we're almost through it.

KandCsailing,

Hang in there! I wish I understood what turns on "the zone" because none of us would ever turn it off! Remember that you are WORTH IT! The work, the sacrifice, the expense......all of it! Try to suck some motivation from your friends on this forum! Good luck with Simple Start....it might be perfect for you at this time!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! Even after I asked my nephew not to bring eggnog he did ! And his wife brought chocolates . Really tough during the holidays . I had no problems with healthy eating on our cruise in October but I had hoped to be at my goal weight by our next cruise in February. I don't think I will make it but I will get there for sure soon.:o

Weigh in today and I'm not gonna lie I'm really upset with myself . I was bound and determined not to get below 60lb weight loss and I am by .6!!! I know I know it's not a big deal and I can loose it no biggie . But I'm pretty upset with myself . I have 3 weeks before I cruise and now more than ever I'm determined to loose before I cruise !! Good luck to everyone else on their weight loss journey

kmarie: We who struggle with our weight are used to beating ourselves up psychologically when we are less than perfect. The truth is, this IS a journey. Let yesterday go and focus on the positives of today. Try not to get down on yourself. I know old habits die hard, but you ARE successful and you ARE doing this! Look how far you've come! Good luck!

New year so I'm starting up again. Bought myself a new samsung tablet in our after Christmas boxing day sales and I can finally get the WW app and the Simple Start app.

I'd like the simple start app better if it would give the points for the food for substituting and amounts in the recipes. I found one in the WW recipes, but it would save time.

Should have started up on the first but breakfast out with friends had me with almost double my daily points before noon. :eek:

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Who else has started the Simple Start ?? Weigh in today and I'm down 1.6. After the week I had I was for sure id be up .. This cruise planning is really getting me I think . I'm more stressed out over our flight being cancelled or delayed and missing the ship ( yes we are flying in the day of , due to work schedules we can't leave any sooner )

Weighed in last Monday night:eek: I'm a life time, and a former leader, but that doesn't mean you can't put your weight back on. :o I need the support of a group (especially THIS one!) and the accountability of the weekly scales.

I will post my results on Monday evening.....

I also have a Y membership that will begin 01/08, so that will help, as well.

Good luck to all of you!:)

Edited by CrimsonQueen

Hey everyone! Just found this thread.

Last Feb. hubby and I went for our first cruise. Well, long story to short, after seeing my cruise pics I was horrified...lol.

We are booked in six weeks for our next cruise.

I started WW last April. I was determined to lose some weight for my next trip. It has become not a diet but a total lifestyle change. I also will mention that I cannot do workouts due to a medical condition so I was worried.

As of a month ago I am within my normal weight range and I lost over 65 lbs. It took almost a year but slow is good, if you don't lose one week..or the next, you will lose the next. It really works. The hard part was the first month. I had so far to go but what I always said in my mind was...If I was not doing this I might of gained another 5 lbs in a month. So good luck to everyone...go for it!!!

Hey everyone! Just found this thread.

Last Feb. hubby and I went for our first cruise. Well, long story to short, after seeing my cruise pics I was horrified...lol.

We are booked in six weeks for our next cruise.

I started WW last April. I was determined to lose some weight for my next trip. It has become not a diet but a total lifestyle change. I also will mention that I cannot do workouts due to a medical condition so I was worried.

As of a month ago I am within my normal weight range and I lost over 65 lbs. It took almost a year but slow is good, if you don't lose one week..or the next, you will lose the next. It really works. The hard part was the first month. I had so far to go but what I always said in my mind was...If I was not doing this I might of gained another 5 lbs in a month. So good luck to everyone...go for it!!!

Thank you so much for posting your success....I needed to hear it!! And, congratulations!!:D

Thanks so much! A word of encouragement to all...when you have a bad week just trust the plan and keep going. I had such a up and down...weeks of staying on track and losing just a little or even gaining! It is a mind game but you can win by telling yourself...where do I want to be in a month, six months or even a year. Use your tape measure to gage your success as well. Sometimes when you are slow losing weight you are losing inches! Get a good buddy who will talk to you when you are down and who you can talk to when you are ready to give up. After a while the diet becomes your lifestyle and yes, you CAN eat and you WILL eat your favourite treats again but because you have a new lifestyle you will eat healthy for most of the time and a special night, or treat will not make you gain anything. Hope this helps a little and oh yes...track, track, track. I still do it and I may always have to do it but it is my little thing that keeps me on point.

Jo

qqwer123--- many congratulations to you!!!. I have been a WW since mid May & while I have not had as much success as you & am down 35 lbs so far. I will lose about 10 more lbs before I think about maintenance. The plan does work although the holidays were tough- not so much going to things but having "extras " at our home for entertaining. I found myself throwing away too many temptations. Surprisingly I have done well on a cruise eating healthy & exercising. We are going on a 2 week Carribean cruise next month & I will have to be on my toes to make sure most of my choices will be thoughtful & healthy.

Good luck to all as we continue our journey.

congrats to you surebeats! 35 lbs is a lot of weight and you should really be so proud! You are gonna rock that swimsuit this cruise !! Our cruise is in about six weeks and I have such a peace of mind this time that I don't have to find clothes that will hide my body and I don't have to hide from the camera..(in the last 10 years there are only a handful of pics of me...I hid from it !!!)In regard to maintenance, it is a hard decision when one wants to stop losing and maintain. I was so scared that I would gain! I kind of let my body decide my final weight. I had a weird weight loss pattern of ...week one..big loss, week 2 tiny loss or even a small gain, week 3 about a pound and same with week 4..then I would start with a good loss again. When this pattern stopped for a couple of months I knew it was time to go on maintenance. My daughter actually had the leader raise her goal weight to a little above the top of her recommended weight. She looked great and did not want to have to starve to maintain.

Anyhow...congrats again!

Down a pound with my not quite a week restart.

Man is it hard to try to drink lots of water in the winter, guess I'll try to double up on herbal teas.

Got some activity points this morning shoveling snow when my mom's senior neighbor lady's driveway was plowed in.

They use the same plow company but she was going to the doctor and couldn't wait for them.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

qqwer123: I have the same loss pattern you described, as does my sister. I am 55, so I know it's a lot slower than the old days. I never use my 49 points and never go over my 26. I am down 24 pounds since mid July. I didn't even find the holiday season much of a challenge. I am so in the zone, but it is so slow and I don't understand that yo yo pattern. However, I am down 2 sizes, am half way or a little better than half way to my goal and I'm feeling so much better in my clothes. Exercise has been nil, since I had a broken ankle and subsequent surgery in December 3rd. I am looking forward to being able to jump onto the treadmill. Our next cruise is March 14th and I'm so hoping to have another 10 off by then! Keep up the good work, everyone!