Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

I'm in! I'm down 31 lbs, my ds is down 47. We never miss a meeting and we both continue to do well. I am at a stand still right now, too, but am happily at a place I am content with, so however long it takes.....I WILL WIN THIS WAR! Enjoying the summer fruits and vegetables SO much :-)

I weighed in today at WW & am down 48 pounds. I was doing really good until my cruise in March & I've been challenged since. The weight has been up & down but it's now 3 steady weeks going down. It is still a struggle but I'm determined I will lose more to be healthy. However, I'm not beating myself up because it's been so iffy. I loved my cruise so much I have booked two more. It was worth the weight challenges. You learn by doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, yes, I too am at a "Resetting" stage, refuse to call it a "Plateau"! After 38 pounds that darn scale just won't budge more then .2 or maybe .6 every week. It's discouraged but I refuse to get too depressed, haha. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do.

I think I need to get more variety in my life though, food wise. Now that the Summer is here those fantastic fruit and veggie stands are calling my name. Went to one last weekend and spend around $60.00 on delicious, huge beefsteak tomatoes, almonds, a cantaloupe, huge purple onions, strawberries etc. Next time it's the peaches, nectarines and plums.

We'll see what happens next week, I'm also pumping more water...hate having to get up in the middle of the night though, :) Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just joined the online ww, I would love to lose 10 lbs before my cruise next month, but need to loose at least 75 lbs. I have never done any type of "dieting" before.

I know I dont drink enough water, but keeping track of that is showing me how much i didnt drink~~!!~~

I have a bit of a different problem with food, I dont eat enough ( as per my doctor) and my metabolism is very slow, in the few days that i have been doing ww I have not even come close to eating all my points. Not really sure how to go about getting all of my points in.

Congratulations on joining WW. I have been doing it for 1 year. It is not the first time I have "dieted" and not the first time I have lost weight. WW is designed as a life-style, not a diet. think of it as a living choice. It has been quite slow. I am 60 years old and it has taken me 1 year to lose 49 pounds. If I hadn't joined WW, that year would still be gone but I would also still have that 49 pounds plus a few more to keep them company! lol

First - As far as getting in all your points, this can be pretty important. Are there some high-point foods that you love? How about cheese and dairy? These can be high point as well as high reward for satisfaction and nutrition. Breads, especially whole grain breads can also fall into that category.

Next, track - track-track. Nothing is more important, especially in the early stages. Just the way you are able to now see things you want to change about your water intake, you will see your food issues revealed when you track. Be mindful of everything you put in your mouth and track it. I can mindlessly snack away 5-8 points per day in having "just a bite" of a lot of things.

Lastly, it is so helpful to have a support person who understands your journey. It can be anyone who is supportive of your goals.

Best of luck on your journey!

Congratulations on joining WW. I have been doing it for 1 year. It is not the first time I have "dieted" and not the first time I have lost weight. WW is designed as a life-style, not a diet. think of it as a living choice. It has been quite slow. I am 60 years old and it has taken me 1 year to lose 49 pounds. If I hadn't joined WW, that year would still be gone but I would also still have that 49 pounds plus a few more to keep them company! lol

First - As far as getting in all your points, this can be pretty important. Are there some high-point foods that you love? How about cheese and dairy? These can be high point as well as high reward for satisfaction and nutrition. Breads, especially whole grain breads can also fall into that category.

Next, track - track-track. Nothing is more important, especially in the early stages. Just the way you are able to now see things you want to change about your water intake, you will see your food issues revealed when you track. Be mindful of everything you put in your mouth and track it. I can mindlessly snack away 5-8 points per day in having "just a bite" of a lot of things.

Lastly, it is so helpful to have a support person who understands your journey. It can be anyone who is supportive of your goals.

Best of luck on your journey!

HI Thanks for the welcome :D I have been tracking everything that enters my mouth :D even the kirkland brand trail mix that I found when using my barcode scanner :D got my 2 cups of coffee, sugar and creamer counted too.

I hit the big 50 in Feb and we are going to cuba (would rather cruise!!) but hubby wants to try an AI.

I am not a cheese or fish eater, mozzerella if it is in with other food but thats about it.

Thanks for the luck on my journey and to you as well!!

Weather here is crazy yesterday we were at 94 today we hit our high at 9am that was 72 we are at 68 now CANT WAIT FOR MY CRUISE!!

Good Luck hocketluvr as well. I was logging things with the Lose It App but looking at starting WW. Cruise is in February and would love to be down 25#

Our weather sounds like yours. Don't happen to live in northern Michigan do you?

Debbie

Good Luck hocketluvr as well. I was logging things with the Lose It App but looking at starting WW. Cruise is in February and would love to be down 25#

Our weather sounds like yours. Don't happen to live in northern Michigan do you?

Debbie

Good luck!!

nope but we are across the river from Detroit just outside of Windsor.

Crazy weather this past winter and now summer so cool as well. Headed your way in a few weeks. Taking the trailer towards Niagara and just west of Toronto. Seems KOA's are the campgrounds to go to when in Ontario.

Debbie

Hi all..I am currently doing WW and progressing slow and steady. Did my first cruise ever in April a 3 night Norwegian Sky and gained 4 lbs. I am very nervous about our upcoming Thanksgiving week cruise to western Caribbean on Norwegian epic,any suggestions for survival?

ScorpioG13

You are not going to believe how many great options there are for good food choices on cruises.

If you want to keep track of points, you certainly will be able to, and enjoy great fish, meats, salads , fruits and so much more.

Of course there are food challenges, and only you can decide how much chocolate or wine you want to partake in.

Try to walk a lot and go to the gym and you'll find it'll all work out just fine.

Enjoy!!

Debbie,

You might try using water and then 1/2 water and 1/2 of a 2 point yogurt. That would give it a little more substance. I used to use the Whey protein with water several years ago when I was trying to recover from surgery. It was the only way I could get in enough protein for healing. After a day or 2 I didn't mind the taste. I do think I sweetened it a little though.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally hit my 50 pound weight loss at WW last week! It has been a long time coming. I fell back into bad habits on my cruise in March (but only gained 2 pounds in that 10 days). It has really been a struggle. I have another cruise coming up in October. My knees are bad (1 arthritis & 1 artificial) so I need to start preparing now so I can walk. I have gotten lazy & stopped riding my stationary bike. I can't really use all those stairs in the ship but I plan on using as much as I can & walking on the track, maybe the bike in the gym. I'm also hoping to eat in the MDR more than the buffet. The portions are more selected. My DH has been on a low carb diet so I have gotten used to no starches with meals. I'm not going with him in October, just a friend. I can't wait for this cruise.

Congratulations PT on a wonderful job. I am sitting just below the 50 pound mark and it is definitely a constant struggle. But we can struggle to be a size 10/12, or struggle to be a size 16/18. You have done a wonderful job and planning ahead for your next cruise will only help@

Hi all..I am currently doing WW and progressing slow and steady. Did my first cruise ever in April a 3 night Norwegian Sky and gained 4 lbs. I am very nervous about our upcoming Thanksgiving week cruise to western Caribbean on Norwegian epic,any suggestions for survival?

I will also be on the Epic the week of Thanksgiving. I am a Weight Watchers "repeat offender" (this is my 3rd time joining) and have been struggling to get to my goal weight for 3 years and every time I get close, I start the self-sabotage thing. My goal is to at least get back to my 10% weight loss number before the cruise (which is about 5 lbs). See you onboard!

• 1 month later...

I've been a WW since 2001. I lost over 100lbs in 2005! SLOW & STEADY! I kept it off until last year until I had injuries that kept me in a recliner on my butt for 9 months. I sat & I ate & could not work out & after all those years put on 30lbs. 3 weeks ago I decided, no more excuses, my strength is coming back & I'm working again at a very physical job. Out of the blue I logged back onto WW on my bday in the middle of the afternoon & decided I AM going to lose some of the 30 before our ship sails Nov 15th! I've lost 8lb in 3 weeks! If I lose 2 ea week before the cruise I'll be ecstatic! Good luck to all of you on your journey as we all know it's not an easy road! Enjoy your cruises!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bitsey66

I joined WW before my daughters wedding July 2013 it works I lost 20 lbs by not starving by changing life style and cooking healthier . Now 15 months later I gained 8lbs back

:( time to get back on track, first time on

Ncl 11/1 getaway need to loose weight before cruise or I will be back to where I was before wedding can't let that happen so back on WW 10/1 hope it works

I joined WW before my daughters wedding July 2013 it works I lost 20 lbs by not starving by changing life style and cooking healthier . Now 15 months later I gained 8lbs back

:( time to get back on track, first time on

Ncl 11/1 getaway need to loose weight before cruise or I will be back to where I was before wedding can't let that happen so back on WW 10/1 hope it works

I joined back weight watchers as well in May. I'm down 18.8lbs! You can do it nan607!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lost 40lbs on WW a year ago and I now fluctuate between a 3-5lb gain, though my clothes fit the same and I look the same. Increased my workouts quite a bit this summer, so perhaps I'm more toned, but it's still so frustrating to see the scale not budge. Last year after my cruise is when the plateau happened and I haven't been able to move the needle. Only positive is that I haven't gained back more than a few. Going in a cruise next week and afraid of getting up there in the scale and being stuck there.

Any tips to boost the metabolism? Hoping not to gain more than 5 on this cruise.

• 7 months later...
Hello,

Does anyone want to join me doing the Weight Watchers point system? I'm looking to lose 21 pounds by October 2013 (target cruise date). Let me know so that we can loose together.

Thanks.:cool:

I have totally stalled with any weight loss; especially after my aunt passed away last year and my slight stroke 2 years ago (unable to walk as far and distance wise as I use to):(. Looking to drop about 40 pounds before my first cruise (which keeps getting pushed back for many reasons, least of which is the weight issue). Any suggestions?

I have found that if I try to keep track of points used in my head, I don't do as well. If I write down or track on line, I do much better. So, TRACK, TRACK, TRACK!!!!! I'm a bad one to talk as I have gained back 10 of my 50 pounds lost. I have to stay on track to prevent the other knee being replaced. My next cruise leaves in 12 days. I'm planning on taking my WW treats & chips so I have some control. DH loves the buffet so that really makes it hard. I can only do the best possible & keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by PTAngel

• 2 weeks later...
I have found that if I try to keep track of points used in my head, I don't do as well. If I write down or track on line, I do much better. So, TRACK, TRACK, TRACK!!!!! I'm a bad one to talk as I have gained back 10 of my 50 pounds lost. I have to stay on track to prevent the other knee being replaced. My next cruise leaves in 12 days. I'm planning on taking my WW treats & chips so I have some control. DH loves the buffet so that really makes it hard. I can only do the best possible & keep my fingers crossed.

Me too on the tracking in head thing. Started ww July last year after last cruise. Lost first stone and half easy then too many events and trips combined with complacency in tracking have slowed me down. Platued at 26 pound can't shift that next 2 pound. So tacking short break wedding and honeymoon. Then back to it as booked cruise for September need to loose more by then,