Carnival 1A (with a window) . . . anyone ever stayed in one of these cabins?

ladycaveat

Do the cabins in the very front of these ships for 1A's have windows or portholes or are they indeed interiors?

Some of these look really good from the pics that I am seeing.

Depends on what ship- some of the forward cabins with portholes are 5As. All forward cabins in the little V are portholes.

Depends on what ship- some of the forward cabins with portholes are 5As. All forward cabins in the little V are portholes.

Okay, I see now where some sites offer what the symbols mean in each cabin and it appears some have portholes in the front for 1A and others don't.

Hello out there !! I've been reading about these 1A rooms and am considering getting one now based on the savings. Planning a Med cruise in 2007.

The room that Carnival is offering has a twin bed with a convertible sofa which is adequate for me. It has 2 portholes (not windows). Question is ... how big are the portholes... does anyone have pictures ... and are the portholes at eye level or high above where it just lets in the light?

I'm currently booked in a balcony, but would you choose saving $600 pp x 2 or a 1A or would you stick with a balcony? (port intensive, 3 sea days, Europe)

Serene, thanks for replying. The L-shaped ones are already booked. :mad: The 1A cabin that is available has 2 portholes and bed with convertible sofa.

Can you tell me though whether all 1A cabins have portholes or only certain ones. I just read on another thread that 1A cabins are considered "lower" than insides. Is this true ... to me, a porthole cabin is nicer than four walls around me.:confused:

I don't know what ship you are on, but you can tell by the deck plan layout which rooms for 1A have the sofas and portholes in them. You need to find a site that shows the symbols that corresponds to the symbols for the room. I have also been doing alot of research and picture finding for these rooms. What a great buy! :)

Okay, now I get it...sorry, I should have looked at the "legend" in my Carnival brochure.

how big are the portholes... does anyone have pictures ... and are the portholes at eye level or high above where it just lets in the light?

However, before I book the 1A cabin, I really would like to see a picture of a 1A room with portholes. Can anyone help with this?? Thanks:)

Okay, now I get it...sorry, I should have looked at the "legend" in my Carnival brochure.

how big are the portholes... does anyone have pictures ... and are the portholes at eye level or high above where it just lets in the light?

However, before I book the 1A cabin, I really would like to see a picture of a 1A room with portholes. Can anyone help with this?? Thanks:)

Well, I have been saving every pic I can find. What ship are you referring to. They all seem to be a bit different. And it took me awhile to figure out to just look at the symbol legend in the book since they don't even list 1A as a category in the book. ;)

Well, I have been saving every pic I can find. What ship are you referring to. They all seem to be a bit different. And it took me awhile to figure out to just look at the symbol legend in the book since they don't even list 1A as a category in the book. ;)

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm booked on Freedom May 2007 in a balcony cabin currently. However, because of the possible saving of $600 pp, I am considering a 1A. The CVS offered a 1A cabin with 2 portholes and bed/convertible sofa. Then I looked into the Carnival brochure and using the conquest ship line as a guide, I realized that this particular cabin is indeed what the CVS is offering.

Therefore, I'm just looking for any picture of a 1A cabin with portholes to help me make up my mind whether to change or not. Thanks again for any help.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm booked on Freedom May 2007 in a balcony cabin currently. However, because of the possible saving of $600 pp, I am considering a 1A. The CVS offered a 1A cabin with 2 portholes and bed/convertible sofa. Then I looked into the Carnival brochure and using the conquest ship line as a guide, I realized that this particular cabin is indeed what the CVS is offering.

Therefore, I'm just looking for any picture of a 1A cabin with portholes to help me make up my mind whether to change or not. Thanks again for any help.

Okay, got one with a sofa, bed, and portholes and this is off the Glory.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/87145531/1087142405040556309cLWyNG

CruisinAgain - thanks, this is a great help :) I'm off to sleep now - goodnite.

You're welcome! Let me know what you decide. You may have thought of things I haven't thought of yet other than the noise level in the very front and under the theater. Hopefully the savings will far outweigh the noise that shouldn't be constant anyway. We have always booked a balcony but with this type of savings it is getting hard to justify that much money per person. You pretty much have to live on it to get your money's worth.

You're welcome! Let me know what you decide. You may have thought of things I haven't thought of yet other than the noise level in the very front and under the theater. Hopefully the savings will far outweigh the noise that shouldn't be constant anyway. We have always booked a balcony but with this type of savings it is getting hard to justify that much money per person. You pretty much have to live on it to get your money's worth.

These 1As are more forward of the theater and not under so you should not hear noise from that area. You may hear the anchor dropping when you come into port. Very loud but only lasts for a few moments.

These 1As are more forward of the theater and not under so you should not hear noise from that area. You may hear the anchor dropping when you come into port. Very loud but only lasts for a few moments.

Well that is even better news if we don't have to be concerned about the theater.

Do they drop anchor no matter what? Docked at pier or just tender ports?

I dontknow about the anchor.

But if booking a 1A--do it as a guarantee... and hopefully get upgraded.

Well Serene, is it best do still do it as a guarantee in hopes to get upgraded to a nicer interior with no windows than to grab one with a window or portholes?

I know I walk the Riviera deck on the Miracle and it was really noisy towards the rear so I knew I would never want to be on that deck and on the Miracle, Pride, Spirit, those 1A's are near the rear on the Riviera of course and close to a dance club.

Hi, just wanted to let you know I've decided to stay with a balcony only because this is my big trip to Europe (first time) and don't want to experiment with this trip of a lifetime;). Perhaps I'll look at 1A for future cruises.

Thanks again and happy sails.

I know I walk the Riviera deck on the Miracle and it was really noisy towards the rear so I knew I would never want to be on that deck and on the Miracle, Pride, Spirit, those 1A's are near the rear on the Riviera of course and close to a dance club.

What kinds of noise? We had a cabin on the Legend on the Riveria deck and didnt hear nothing. ALthough the disco is located here I was worried. THere is a very thick insulation on this room so no sounds comes outside the disco. I was also amazed standing outside the disco upstairs...there is a revolving door... and no sounds comes out but boy when you went into that room... WOW. it was loud

• 7 months later...
I,ve booked the same room on my liberty cruise for jan.07 I can't wait! great room and great price $501 for 2 people or $641 for one!

jnj002 - I guess you are now back from your Liberty cruise - hope it was wonderful! I see you were in 2462 - can you please confirm bed configuration and how you liked the cabin? (who was your room steward and were you happy with him/her?)

Thanks so much!

Froufie

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I believe one of them (2334?) has the 2 beds that can be pushed togeter but 2335 only has the twin on the floor (and upper). Need someone to confirm this?

I also thought I heard Destiny was scheduled for drydock sometime this year so wondering if any changes would be made??

Archived