Eurodam OV ?

Jean1946

Question for the seasoned travellers.

We are thinking of taking a 7 day carrib cruise in November. Best price that we're looking at is an ocean view. Do any of the ov rooms have bath tubs in them. Also, what location is best? We were on the Eurodam in May, but had a balcony so I'm not familiar with the ov rooms. I'd like to be close to the elevators that go down to the MDR.

Question for the seasoned travellers.

We are thinking of taking a 7 day carrib cruise in November. Best price that we're looking at is an ocean view. Do any of the ov rooms have bath tubs in them. Also, what location is best? We were on the Eurodam in May, but had a balcony so I'm not familiar with the ov rooms. I'd like to be close to the elevators that go down to the MDR.

Check out a few photos of the Ocean View Staterooms, and their comments on Decks 1 and 4 here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/index.html

Joanie

All of the OVs have tubs except those marked with a * on deck plans, such as F1001 to F1010 and E1117 to E1130.

I suggest that you do not pick something under the galley (port side 1084 to 1130). Also some have reported that under the Explorer's Lounge has loud bass music late at night. I think I wouldn't pick one under the Northern Lights either.

To be close to the aft elevators, then, I suggest starboard 1103 to 1127, or 4121 to 4130, either side.

We had a cheap H4130, which is designated "fully obstructed", but had a pretty good view IMO.

2620221910099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

All of the OVs have tubs except those marked with a * on deck plans, such as F1001 to F1010 and E1117 to E1130.

I suggest that you do not pick something under the galley (port side 1084 to 1130). Also some have reported that under the Explorer's Lounge has loud bass music late at night. I think I wouldn't pick one under the Northern Lights either.

To be close to the aft elevators, then, I suggest starboard 1103 to 1127, or 4121 to 4130, either side.

We had a cheap H4130, which is designated "fully obstructed", but had a pretty good view IMO.

2620221910099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

Ditto....

We just got off the Eurodam in cabin 4130. The view is exactly as you've posted. Random thoughts:

1. The engine vibration all over the ship is quite noticeable. We ate in the Tamarine one night (Great for $15.00) and the table shook quite a lot. Our drink glasses were constantly shaking. Our bed in 4130 shook, but it didn't keep us awake.

2 What did keep us awake was the fact that there was a crew door right below our room on the promenade deck below (3) where the deck workers went in and out at all hours of the night. Three am and five am were prime times, and the door had an automatic closure on it so it slammed shut. The noise from the door did keep us awake.

3. The balcony on the next room aft was seldom used, but when it was we felt the need to close our curtains because they looked right into our cabin.

Sorry, but we never made it to the piano bar.....can't for the life of me tell you why.

All of the wait staff was wonderful, but Marvin doesn't ring a bell. Our only negative, other than the room location was the original sign up for the internet minutes. We have an Ipad and this is not the preferred brand and OS for the ship.......they prefer Windows. We were greeted by the internet staff with a basic "quit bothering me"attitude and Apple doesn't really work that well on this ship. No thanks to the internet staff on the ship, I got it figured out and used the wireless. My wife's mother is terminal and we needed to have messages from her care provider, which was the need for the internet connection. Thank goodness she was stable and there were no problems, but we had some nervous moments dealing with a 20something internet sign in person who could care less. We worked around him and the rest of the staff was wonderful.

It's so funny how people have such different experiences on the same ship. I sailed Eurodam and did not feel any vibration. We had an oceanview cabin which was wonderful and very quiet. Went to Tamarind a few times and never felt vibration.

We originally booked an obstructed guarantee and was upgraded to the oceanview. Did not know what to expect but was very pleased.

Happy sailing!!

Don't have a clue why you felt no vibration. This was a pulsing, piston feeling that shook the bed and the glassware on the table. The Tamarind waitstaff apologized and we enjoyed the meal and recommend the Tamarind. This certainly did not ruin our cruise, but we did wonder if something was wrong with the engine for it to cause such a shaking all over the ship.

Pmenefee, was Michael Sara still at the piano bar? Did you see a waiter named Marvin at the Crowe's Nest or anywhere else on the ship?

Michael was still in the piano bar on our cruise 10-20 September.

Archived