Just off the Regatta - review and pictures

tdotson

Wow Tim for your very first post to this board.. that seemed to cover years

;-) lol.

Nice review of our favorite ship. It really will give anyone who hasn't cruised her a great idea of what to expect. Nice pictures too!

WOW, Tim, I just realized who you were! I had started reading the last page about the final 2 days at sea with the medical emergency and you mentioned one passenger having to stay overnight in St. Louis. I thought, hmmmmmm did someone ELSE have to do that??? Then I read all your pages and realized, "Hey, that's me!" when you mentioned the tour with Royston! Anyway, I did get home finally. Your description of the cruise is right on in case anyone wants to know. We were Capt. Jeff participants too. Anyway, nice to have met you and your wife. Happy future cruising! Sue

WOW, Tim, I just realized who you were!

Hi, Sue! I expected that you might read here, given your excellent research for our Regatta cruise (good for us, since we tagged along on your shore excursions.) Barb and I called you and Nancy the "Fun Girls," since you were obviously having such a wonderful time. We enjoyed every minute. Hope we cross paths again someday.

Tim

• 9 months later...

I know you were on the regatta AFTER new year but i was wondering if you could tell me if there we any young adults, ages 24-27 as we are booked to be on regatta in Dec22 2006 for 12 days over Christmas and New year and we were concerned that there would not be any young company for them. Thanks for your help.

Great review and photos, thanks.

Your comments re the library's books makes me wonder if they have restocked - we were on Regatta this past August into the Baltic, and many of the books were hand-me-downs from Renaissance Cruise Lines, and we thought not a particularly good selection.

We'll be on Nautica in Nov., through the Suez, Istanbul to Singapore, and I'm looking forward to a good read, along with a great trip.

Great review. Thank you. We are sailing on the Feb 26 10 day itinerary, and very much looking forward to it. Maybe some of those minor things you mentioned will have been corrected since its almost a year later:rolleyes: like the ice tea and such. But it won't matter.

JoAnn

Tim,

What an entertaining review! Do you write for a living? If not, you should consider submitting some of your work to travel magazines, perhaps! Thanks so much for the informative narrative, as we're going on Nautica in June & hear all Oceania's ( I agree about the pronunciation hurrah) ships are basically the same.

:)

I'm about to read that great-looking review, but in the meantime, I'm about to book a cruise on the Regatta for February 2007, and I'm considering a Cat. E cabin. Might you have noticed how badly obstructed these cabins are which are on Deck 6. If anyone can help me out on this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

tdotson:

Thank you so much for such a detailed and informative report which I enjoy reading. There is one point though: "First class bathroom fixtures and supply". Well the supply is good enough (though not brand name), but the fixture (especially the shower stall in the regular cabin) is somewhat small. Unless one is quite slim, one will keep rubbing against the plastic stall wall or curtain. We would wish that it could be widened by six inches. However, these being existing ships leased by Oceania, not much can be done. Overall, the regular standard cabin is "standard fare" in modern cruising, nearly identical to a category 2 on the Celebrity Mercury, for example. It is the software, namely nice bed, great food and jovial service that makes Oceania upper premium, with what is inherent in a mid-sized ship (smaller crowds and less line-ups), of course. The itinierary is usually attractive and decisive in the customers' choice. I would agree that Oceania is a very good product!

Archived