Cost of taxi to Orient Beach from port

joy1rn

Can anyone tell me the cost of a taxi to Orient Beach? We have been to St Maarten before and did Bernard's Tour which was excellent. This time we just want to relax on the beach since it will be our last day of cruising on the Carnival Victory.

The cost depends on the number of people in the vehicle. Last year it was $6 pp with a full load (4 or more). The dispatchers at the pier will load the cabs up; most are vans and can hold 8-10 people.

Same thing coming back, there are cabs waiting at popular drop off / pick up points who will try to get a full load. Behind Pedros at the south end and Bikini Beach Bar in the middle of the long beach.

If you want a cab just for two it runs $ 18.00, last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Have any of you ever done a taxi to Marigot and then Orient Beach and back to the port? Is there a taxi stand in Marigot? We considered doing the RCCI excursion, but last time I came to St. Maarten/Martin, we just did a taxi and stayed at Orient Beach. But I have never gotten to visit Marigot and would like to. Am I better off getting our own taxis, or should we just book the official excursion from the ship or reserve this Bernard's Tour thing? We will be on our honeymoon, also. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Can anyone tell me the cost of a taxi to Orient Beach? We have been to St Maarten before and did Bernard's Tour which was excellent. This time we just want to relax on the beach since it will be our last day of cruising on the Carnival Victory.

Taxi rates are set and posted:

th_Destinationsnew.jpg

(click)

gary

Have any of you ever done a taxi to Marigot and then Orient Beach and back to the port?<snip>

I've posted the rates for the most common trips,

th_Destinationsnew.jpg

(click)

and the Official Taxi Association rate chart says that Marigot to Orient should be $20 for two, and $5 for each additional person.

gary

Archived