Eurodam VD4166 and VD4168

CCKelly

I have read a lot about these cabins with the extra long balcony due to the Emergency stair. But I am not clear about how much privacy you would then have on your balcony. Do cabins 4166 and 4168 share this space? We only need one of these cabins but would not want a "shared" balcony. Since this is the emergency stair only, I assume it is not used by passengers, but is it used regularly by crew members that could possibly make the cabins more noisy? Can crew members access the long balcony there (meaning less privacy on our balcony)?

Thanks for any help or comments.

We have not sailed the Eurodam, but we have sailed the in the comparable cabin to 4168 on the Zuiderdam and the Westerdam

The balcony is set up as anyother balcony on the ship, it is accessable only to your cabin, unless you have the divider open. The balcony space between the 2 cabins is simply split between the cabins and the dividers have been shifted over. It is not shared with anyone

It is as private as any other balcony, the people above can look down and see areas of your balcony and images are reflected on the plexiglass under the rail (found that out when I "caught" my neighbor suntanning in the nude via the reflection ... it was a very cute bum ;P)

We had no issues with noise from the stairwell. I like the Aft locations as there is less foot traffic in the area

Thank you very much Ladylayla. When I looked back at the photos on Joanie's website, I thought they must be separated. But the HAL Eurodam deck plans sort of show the divider at the edge of each cabin (like a typical normal cabin would be) with "space" between, so I just wanted to verify how that worked.

We have not sailed the Eurodam, but we have sailed the in the comparable cabin to 4168 on the Zuiderdam and the Westerdam

The balcony is set up as anyother balcony on the ship, it is accessable only to your cabin, unless you have the divider open. The balcony space between the 2 cabins is simply split between the cabins and the dividers have been shifted over. It is not shared with anyone

It is as private as any other balcony, the people above can look down and see areas of your balcony and images are reflected on the plexiglass under the rail (found that out when I "caught" my neighbor suntanning in the nude via the reflection ... it was a very cute bum ;P)

We had no issues with noise from the stairwell. I like the Aft locations as there is less foot traffic in the area

Hang on.... the Zuiderdam cabins with the extra-long balconly are 4164 and 4166. Is there something special about 4168 as well? I have 4166 booked for April next year.

Hang on.... the Zuiderdam cabins with the extra-long balconly are 4164 and 4166. Is there something special about 4168 as well? I have 4166 booked for April next year.

No the OP was asking about the Eurodam. The Eurodam's (and NA's) extra width cabins are 4166 and 4168.

4168 on the Vista ships are normal balcony width and shower only

Archived