Kon-Tiki Party Boat

rharvey999

How long did the tour last? How did you get there from the ship? Did they serve any lunch/food? I will be there with my two daughters 24 & 21 and I think they would love the live music. Sounds like alot of fun!! Did you time to do anything else..like shop before heading back to ship? Did you see a lot of people stumbling back..lol

The tour lasts about 3-3.5 hours and the Kon Tiki picks you up right from the same dock your where your ship is. The live music was really a blast and very entertaining. On the way out they give the history of the harbor, point out some sight, and play some games like name that tunes. On the way back after the beach thats when the band really gets going. They also have a limbo contest and also try to get the whole boat up and dancing. I guess it helps if you have a couple of rum punches in you. Hehe

I think you and your daughters will really enjoy it.

On my trip the Kon Tiki went in the afternoon so there was ample time to shop prior to the tour. If your ship is at the WICO Havensight pier there is a shopping mall about 100 yards from the dock.

hope this helps

How long did the tour last? How did you get there from the ship? Did they serve any lunch/food? I will be there with my two daughters 24 & 21 and I think they would love the live music. Sounds like alot of fun!! Did you time to do anything else..like shop before heading back to ship? Did you see a lot of people stumbling back..lol
I don't remember the "rum" being in the free punch, but they do have a cash bar and you can buy rum.

As far as food, they have a little grill that serves hot dogs, hambergers and sandwiches. On Honeymoon Island there is a couple who also serves lunch items at a slight discount over the ship and they have a bit larger selection. They also sell beer, sodas and wine. And, if you don't like what they have, you can alway climb back on the Kon Tiki and get lunch. My wife had a Kon Tiki hot dog and said it was very good.

Bones was at Honeymoon when I was there on the Kon Tiki. The Bones ship anchors a bit out from the beach, and they "challenge" you to swim to the beach, though they do have a dinghy. The Kon Tiki pulls right up to the beach and they put down stairs to make it easy. The crew even carried a lady who had problem with stairs.

If your group consists of fairly good swimmers, I'd go with Bones. If not, you should definitely go with Kon Tiki.

Here's my review with photos (though a few photos are somehow missing!) of my day on the Kon Tiki.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147400-d2422961-Reviews-Kon_Tiki_Party_Barge_Glass_Bottom_Boat-U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

But, on http://www.everytrail.com, I've posted a slideshow of Honeymoon Beach, so you can see more of the beach on that post.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked my Kon tiki boat tour today! Can't wait!!!!'

Since we will be on our honeymoon I thought it only fitting to go to honeymoon beach!

Soon to be Mrs. Taddeo. 8-10-12

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by angel54321

I booked my Kon tiki boat tour today! Can't wait!!!!'

Since we will be on our honeymoon I thought it only fitting to go to honeymoon beach!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals. You'll love the fun of the Kon-Tiki boat. We were fortunate to one of the first cruises to sail on her upon her returning to service. A fun time to be sure.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals. You'll love the fun of the Kon-Tiki boat. We were fortunate to one of the first cruises to sail on her upon her returning to service. A fun time to be sure.

Thank you! It seems like it will be a great time!!!! I am super excited. This is the only excursion I've booked through carnival, since it seems you can't book it independently but hopefully will be worth it........... :).

We are on a Princess cruise in December. When I plug in Princess cruise line the Kon Tiki tour isn't offered:confused: Now granted they aren't showing anything past July on the website so that may change...but if Princess isn't connected with that tour can we take it anyway? Anybody done a "private tour" on the Kon tiki?

You can buy tickets from some stores. I've seen a sign at the Captain's Corner store on the Waterfront and in Havensight. You should also be able to book direct on cruiseshipexcursions.com.

OMG the vague memories I had as a 20 something college guy cruising with pals. Back in the 80's they certainly provided free rum punch and the barge was hopping. Had to be helped back onto the Princess Something (or other). Wouldn't be able to party like that anymore. How the perspectives change as dad now. Good to see a more responsible version of the classic Kon Tiki.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

When I went, the guy who managed the renovation of the Kon Tiki gave me a tour, and he told me they had just revised their rum punch recipe, and at least on that day, it was free as was the fruit punch. Wasn't very tasty, though.

We are on a Princess cruise in December. When I plug in Princess cruise line the Kon Tiki tour isn't offered:confused: Now granted they aren't showing anything past July on the website so that may change...but if Princess isn't connected with that tour can we take it anyway? Anybody done a "private tour" on the Kon tiki?
Royal Caribbean didn't release tour until about 60 days out. You might try calling Princess or check with your TA, that's what they're there for.

I remember the Kon Tiki's in St Thomas, Grand Cayman and Antigua on many cruises I took in the 1980's. Oh my gosh, each time that famous Rum Punch crept up on you and everyone became everyone's best friend in about an hour and a half into the trip. I remember stumbling from the Barge to the ship, only to crash in the cabin and miss dinner..... each and every time.

It was so much fun, as it used to take the crew over an hour to get all the drunks off the boat. There were more alcohol induced "I Love You's" mumbled to strangers and it became a Conga Line, Limbo Loving, Dance Fest with the best Hi-Energy Music from the Steel Drum Island Band.

I am on the Norwegian EPIC this Thanksgiving and I saw that the Kon Tiki was back. It brought back many memories and initially I thought that it probably would not be the same experience. More tame, more of the Spirit of the Kon Tiki, from what the reviews have said. Frankly, I don't think I can drink like that anymore (even though I fantasize about trying to).

Well the Rum Punch is still there, albeit not free, but still available. We are definately booking the excursion thru NCL, and, what the heck, let the Rum Flow! Limbo here I come!!!

Edited by cruiseguys2009

• 4 weeks later...

Actually it is perfect for kids. In the olden days this tour was a pretty heavy party boat, but after the renovation it is perfectly suited for the whole family. Yes there is a bar on board but the days of free rum punch are long gone. The kids will love the limbo and dance contests as well as their time on Honeymoon Beach.

Actually it is perfect for kids. In the olden days this tour was a pretty heavy party boat, but after the renovation it is perfectly suited for the whole family. Yes there is a bar on board but the days of free rum punch are long gone. The kids will love the limbo and dance contests as well as their time on Honeymoon Beach.

Thx- sounds like I will keep the booking.

• 4 weeks later...
I booked this with Carnival last week-July 23 but it was cancelled because they didn't have enough people. We were very disappointed!

That stinks!!!! I'm totally looking forward to our Kon tiki boat tour

• 2 months later...

I noticed earlier in the thread someone posted they had time to shop and do other things prior to boarding but they took an evening cruise.

Our ship leaves at 4PM will there be time for us to get off the Kon-Tiki and possibly do the mountain top skytram?

I noticed earlier in the thread someone posted they had time to shop and do other things prior to boarding but they took an evening cruise.

Our ship leaves at 4PM will there be time for us to get off the Kon-Tiki and possibly do the mountain top skytram?

The NCL Excursion is from 9:30 am until 12:30pm, the EPIC leaves at 4PM, plenty of time to go on up to Paradise Point for a Bushwacker and then head back down to the ship for sailing.

Years ago, though, once you got off the Kon Tiki, if you found your way back to the ship, even tho there were hours before sail-away, you were lucky! So many ships left their Kon Tiki passengers at the dock.........or just tossed them aboard....that was the Kon Tiki and their famous Rum Punch...sad those days are gone!