LAFFNVEGAS Says Aloha LIVE from the MS Oosterdam

LAFFNVEGAS

I'm among the many who will be following your reports. We've not sailed the O and are booked on Feb 4 for 14 days circle Hawaii ourselves...all details welcome! Sure glad your flight made it!

Chris

We are on that sailing also. Do you live near Butner NC? I have friends that live there. Met them on this web-site!

Looking forward to your updates. DH and I sailed on the Oosterdam cruise to Alaska last year and had the most amazing time. We had an aft-corner suite, can't remember the number right now, but it was fantastic. Enjoy every minute!!

Ine. Don't give up hope we might be changing our March cruise to the Mexico on the Oosterdam I have not made up my mind yet ;)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

That would be great, when we could meet again.

Saturday October 22, 2011

Aloha from the MS Oosterdam as we make our way to Hawaii, It has been a very full day.

Of course as I have written already we were delay getting to San Diego due to fog and arrived about 2 hours late but fortunately it is only a 50 minute flight. Sher also arrive about 20 minutes after we did. Other than the line to go thru security on the ship check in had absolutely no lines. They must have had the the security set really high because I bussed walking thru and it was shoes and I have never had the problem before going the the security for the ship.

We were invited to two different Sail Away parties and unfortunately we did not make it toeither one. Our luggage arrived at about 5 and once I opened it to get out a more comfortable pair of shoes I just started unpacking. So Tom and I are busy unpacking and he happens to look at our cards and sees that early dining is at 5:30 :eek: it was already 5:45 so we quickly changed into some nice clothes and headed to dinner. I was really surprised at the time our last cruise on the Westerdam was 5:45 for Alaska.

Dinner was nice, we have table 18 next to the window with Sher and Bob although that section is rather dark which was surprising. I had one of tonights Featured Council Chef David Burke's entrees which was the Fillet of Cobia with Lobster Dumpling with Baby Carrots, Zucchini and basil oil. It was very good, the fish was a buttery white fish that was not at all fishy grilled yet moist.I also had the Mexican Fish Cake and Crispy Shrimp. For dessert I went light with just a cup of coffee and the creamiest lemon sorbet I have ever had, smooth and not at all tart.

Afterward we headed to the Neptune for the Suite Welcome Aboard Party, it was good to see the Hotel Manager and Captain again. We had not seen either one since Feb. 2009. The party was packed with a huge turn out. They really should hold it up in the Crow's Nest like they did for the Westerdam this past Alaska Season.

We then came back to the cabin so we could finish unpacking, or at least Tom could finish unpacking. I was pretty much unpacked before we headed to dinner except to put away just a few items. I decided with being so exhaused that the Thermal Suite might feel really good so I put on the swim suit grabbed my robe and off I headed up to the Thermal Suite. It felt so good and now I am so relaxed. Since I had not been here since they did the new retro fit and big remodel on the Oosterdam in summer 2009 I thought they would have changed the Thermal suite to be like the Signature Class and have just the one door and that from with in you could go from the Hydrotherapy pool to the Thermal Suite like they did with the Westerdam and like it was built for the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam but surprisingly they did not.

Well, I think I am going to call it a day, we have 13 glorious days ahead of us. Yes there were a few hiccups along the way today but I think we still made some good lemonade out of it.

Signing off from the Beautiful and Elegant MS Oosterdam.

Aloha and Good Morning from the MS Oosterdam,:) where I finally got a great nights sleep. It is now 7:40 am and figured we would get up and I would write just a bit more and then attempt to post this since I could not last night. Then we would head down to the Pinnacle for Breakfast and I can get a capppucino. So far it looks like the signal strength is strong so with any luck it will not go out so I have long enough to post to CC.

The seas have been calm and this cabin despite being under the Lido Deck was very quiet all night as well as this morning. Tom and I really got a good night's sleep which we both needed and I only woke twice and to get up for the bathroom. The bad part this cabin is not laid out like any cabin we have ever been in. It is actually very nice but for being starboard the bed is on the opposite wall from what it is on decks 4, 5, and 6 of the corner afts. There is a hughe entry way the unfortnately is rather wasted space. I only walked into a chair and stubbed my toe the first time I got up lol. Tom's comment was "That explains

the wet puddle on the floor" ;)

Well, let me get this posted so I can get in the shower and head for breakfast.

Signing off from somewhere in the Pacific on the Beautiful and Elegant MS Oosterdam.

Lisa,

Hope you caught up with Hoel tManager Douglas at Suite Welcome Aboard. :)

Is Captain van der Loo aboard or is it Catain Andre? Both outstanding gentlemen we miss on Maasdam.

Sail the Captain is Jeroen Baijens and the Guest Relations Manager is his lovely wife Maybelle. We have sailed with them the last 3 or 4 times we have been on the Oosterdam so we know them well. It was good to see them both again.

Sail the Captain is Jeroen Baijens and the Guest Relations Manager is his lovely wife Maybelle. We have sailed with them the last 3 or 4 times we have been on the Oosterdam so we know them well. It was good to see them both again.

Enjoying your comments as we will be on the 14 day Dec. 10--sailing--

curious about the formal nights--when they are and your observations on the type of dress during the formal nights. Thanks

Big Green

Captain Baijens was our Captain when we sailed Oosterdam to Alaska in May. We had a wonderful trip. Hope you have a great time, and I'll be watching for updates to this thread.

Looking forward to sailing vicariously through you.

Trying to attach photos of todays O wave:

Here are the rest (these are the "raw" photos)

Barbara, thanks so much for keeping up the tradition! Darn that fog!

Lisa. I'm sorry you couln't get the Banner but at least you had a Wave! Thanks for doing your "LIVE from" and congrats on your first upgrade! :D

aloha.gif

Archived