Cruise Critic Community
bwg03

Hurricane Rina

Got upgraded real quickly. Now projected to get to a Category 3 when it hits Cozumel/Cancun..

This is NOT good news. Fingers crossed that it stays a minimal storm.

Wow, and it is predicted to hit Key West and South Florida after Cozumel... I feel sorry for anyone booke this weekend and early next week.

We are on the Destiny leaving this Thursday as well......trying to find out what the ship is planning on doing since the outlook for going to Cozumel isn't so good. I am thinking the Bahamas, but Mexico is so much more fun! We will just have to make the best out of it!!

We have friends leaving out of Galveston today on Triumph scheduled to go the Progreso and then Cozumel. I'm curious to see how they re-route them. Maybe switch and do Cozumel first if there is time before the storm gets too close? I am not sure what the alternate destinations could be on a 5 day.

SO glad i'm not cruising this week or next!

SO glad I'm cruising next week! LOL I'm tired of waiting for my vacation to come.

So.... where does the Pride go if it's cut off from it's ports? (stretched out models are crappy, but still the angle of attack effects both the Bahamas and Bermuda) LOL.

I'm half expecting Norfolk, PC, Freeport at this point.

We are on the Destiny leaving this Thursday as well......trying to find out what the ship is planning on doing since the outlook for going to Cozumel isn't so good. I am thinking the Bahamas, but Mexico is so much more fun! We will just have to make the best out of it!!

Join our roll call...

Well, next weekend, as long as it escapes the Carribean, the issues would more be with leaving port (and maybe Bahamas/Bermuda itineraries) than it would be with any Carribean port calls.

Like in my case, if it gets in the way, I got no idea where we go. :D There's not many alternative options out of Baltimore even though there's some time to play with on the way down.

So If by Sunday/Monday she's smack dab in the gulf area, we're supposed to be on the sailing leaving Tampa Monday the 31st to Cozumel/Cayman...what do you think they would do?

I have friends that sailed today on the Triumph out of Galveston, will be watching to see what happens. We don't sail until Thursday 11/3.

Freedom is in Cozomel right now so I assume she will be heading out tonight

Surfs UP Dudes

Wow..Forgot about that.. Yikes

So.... where does the Pride go if it's cut off from it's ports? (stretched out models are crappy, but still the angle of attack effects both the Bahamas and Bermuda) LOL.

I'm half expecting Norfolk, PC, Freeport at this point.

Canada/Maine is also an option.:)

John Heald just posted on Facebook changes to the Liberty, Destiny, Triumph, Freedom,

Legend and Imagingation for this week. Nothing so far for next week. Carnival's site does not seem to be updated with the specifics yet.

Canada/Maine is also an option.:)

I would be so depress!! lollll

I would be so depress!! lollll

I just got off the legend,yesterday( sunday).from a 7 day, in western caribbean.had 1 day of rain, about 3 days of sun, and the rest of the days, was cloudy,,BUT the sea was very rough, the ship did alot of rocking.