Message from RCCL on bringing Wine and using MiniFridge

No just wanted to get other opinions.

ahh...that's ok tonyo!! I thought my blonde hair and approching big half century mark birthday were blinding me!! :eek:

Check out my reply to you on the other thread!! :)

Happy cruising!!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

disembarked the serenade may 29th.put 1 bottles of vodka in my major suitcase,carried 1 bottle of wine in my carry -on.no problem.asked our cabin attendant to empty fridge-he said he could not but we could-so we emptied the fridge and put our booze in!we bought wine in every port in hawaii-no problem-thats it folks-no debate-its true.

disembarked the serenade may 29th.put 1 bottles of vodka in my major suitcase,carried 1 bottle of wine in my carry -on.no problem.asked our cabin attendant to empty fridge-he said he could not but we could-so we emptied the fridge and put our booze in!we bought wine in every port in hawaii-no problem-thats it folks-no debate-its true.

Didn't emptying the fridge cost you a foutune? :eek:

Didn't emptying the fridge cost you a foutune? :eek:

are you refering to the supposed "sensor" that told rccl what you drank???

i still have yet to experience this

does any one know (for a fact not the rccl haters of the group)

if there are sensors

If there are, they aren't under the candy. We brought 2 cans of diet coke with lime, 2 plastic airline bottles of rum, and 2 bottles of water, different brand than the ones in the fridge. We put the cans in the empty can spaces in there (there were 2), we put the rum in the door, and we stacked up all the candy on one side and stored the water on its side where the candy was. No problem with any of it. (we're not big drinkers, obviously!)

Last time we cruised we brought on two six packs of diet coke .5 liter bottles. We stuck it in a rolling cooler and wheeled it right on board with our carry on luggage. No problem whatsoever. We told our room steward that it would be to his benefit to keep it loaded with ice and he was more than happy to make sure of that for us. He was also very happy with his envelope at the end of the cruise.

• 1 year later...

I'm going in March on the Splendour also. Please let me know if you have any problems taking your wine on board. I'm going to only taking 2 bottles of wine.

It's very confusing if they do or do not allow you to take on board.I took on a bottle back in 2004 and had no problems. I know they have gotten tighter now though. Interested to hear back after you go in Dec. Thanks

yup. on-board wine options, uh, suck. I want to bring at least a couple of good drinkable wines on my vacay.

I saw the list of wines they offer in the packages and they did not impressed me one bit!!!!!I would like to know if they at least have better wine alternatives that you can purchase at dinner for example.I was thinking some good Ribera del Duero spanish wine or maybe an italian prosecco...or something around those lines....If they have them,is it worth it to bring them even with the corking fee,or is it absurdely expensive to buy them at the restaurants?

Our daughter always takes little containers of milk and juice in a small cooler for her little ones. They are not babies, either, just drink a lot of milk with snacks, etc. Also, guys, Hogue wines now have a screw top and their fume blanc is pretty good as well as the merlot. Not special occasion stuff, but good.

I sent a note to RCCL about whether a passenger is allowed to bring alcohol or any beverages on board and also inquired if the mini fridge can be used for storing beverages and this is the response I received:

Thank you for your email regarding the above-mentioned sailing.

Bringing Beverages onboard: We do not allow guests to bring their own beverages onboard. This includes: liquor, wine, beer, soda, or self produced products (example: home made wines).

Royal Caribbean will allow a maximum of two bottles of wine.

A corkage fee of $12.00 per bottle will be charged. We do not allow more than two bottles and they may not be stored in our mini refrigerators.

As you can see they do allow you to bring up to two bottles of wine no questions asked. And they didn't mention bottled water as a beverage you can't bring on board.

Just thought I would share this with everyone.

I swear these customer service people are completely crazy. No you can't bring any kind of alcohol including wine on board and than you can bring 2 bottles of wine???? THIS IS WHY no one wants to call or email RCCL. There is never a straight answer! :D

Not quite sure why someone revived this thread that is over a year old:confused:

Anyway, we all know now,they will not allow you to bring any liquor onboard(ok,you can smuggle if you want)........

So I think that statement about 2 bottles is way outdated,if not confusing...........

The only time I ever had any confiscated beverages (sodas, water, vodka) was on Radiance in Sept. They were having a "norovirus" scare (was really fod poisoning). When I got back from an excursion, the security guard would not let me bring an open water bottle onboard because it was considered contaminated (I brought it off the ship that morning). I was able, however, to bring 3 20-oz bottles of Diet DP and 2 bottles of diet lemonade onboard. Those bottles were not opened so considered safe. :rolleyes:

I normally bring a few bottles of Diet DP (a daily necessity!!!), water, and hubby likes vodka onboard. He'll order drinks at the bars while dancing or during shows, but he likes a before-dinner cocktail while waiting on me to dress for dinner.

Not quite sure why someone revived this thread that is over a year old:confused:

Anyway, we all know now,they will not allow you to bring any liquor onboard(ok,you can smuggle if you want)........

So I think that statement about 2 bottles is way outdated,if not confusing...........

just use a service that will deliver the alcohol to your cabin! thats the simplest way around all of this!

Archived