Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

We're on the Oasis, Jan 28th sailing. Our cabin numbers were originally L 6535, and D 6164.

I paid the final payment yesterday and when she sent the confirmation I noticed the cabins were changed to L 6546 and D 6545.

Is there any difference in these cabins such as size, location ect????

We're on the Oasis, Jan 28th sailing. Our cabin numbers were originally L 6535, and D 6164.

I paid the final payment yesterday and when she sent the confirmation I noticed the cabins were changed to L 6546 and D 6545.

Are you sailing with kids?

Yes, ages 17,15 and 7.

Thats the reason then, minors, under 21 can only be booked into cabins next to or across from their parents/guardians, looks like when the time came to make final payment and the kids ages were entered the original cabins would not work

No way! She sent over the last quote which was $104. more than original quote. We argued back and forth about this until I told her there's no way RC could increase my price after I've already put down a deposit. She then called back and said they took it off.

I then recieved my final quote after my payoff and the cabin numbers were different.:confused:

Did you tell your TA she could change cabins without letting you know first??

This does make complete sense. Just wondering why she would change them without notifying me. No biggie. Just wondering if there was a difference in the cabin sizes.

Thats the reason then, minors, under 21 can only be booked into cabins next to or across from their parents/guardians, looks like when the time came to make final payment and the kids ages were entered the original cabins would not work

This does make complete sense. Just wondering why she would change them without notifying me. No biggie. Just wondering if there was a difference in the cabin sizes.

The cabins are going to be the same as before, just in a slightly different location, the TA should never have tried to book them apart in the first place

That's good to know.

She originally wanted to put us on different floors, but we said no way.

The cabins are going to be the same as before, just in a slightly different location, the TA should never have tried to book them apart in the first place

She had it set up already with an adult in each room. Which is why I don't understand the reason for the cabin change :confused:

Good job it was caught, you may have been denied boarding, or made to put an adult in each room

She had it set up already with an adult in each room. Which is why I don't understand the reason for the cabin change :confused:

Maybe she originally tried to get you rooms together, but they weren't available. So when she made final payment, she checked again and was able to get them together! She probably just did it to be nice, knowing that you'd rather have rooms near each other! :D

Your original two cabins would have been on opposite sides of the ship 6535 is starboard side, and 6164 is portside. Now both are not only on the same side, but almost directly across the hall from each other.

That sounds good to me! :D

Maybe she originally tried to get you rooms together, but they weren't available. So when she made final payment, she checked again and was able to get them together! She probably just did it to be nice, knowing that you'd rather have rooms near each other! :D

I did call as soon as I noticed. Recived her voicemail so left a message. Sent an email as well...no response.

Just wanted to find out if there was a reason to sweat it when she finally called back. Doesn't seem to be a big deal now that I know there's no difference in the cabin sizes.

I'll still find out exactly why when she calls back.

Umm, I don't understand. Why don't you call your TA and ask why it was changed?

This knda stuff is why some of us no longer use TA's, I book my whole party myself and then I know that the only fingers that will be mucking around in my reservatin are my own! I can find just as good of a deal as a TA can, and I trust myself more.:)

I got screwed by a TA in 2002 on a cruise, and I haven't used one since. I'm not saying all TA's are bad, but some are awful!:eek:

Yes, ages 17,15 and 7.

Are you aware that you went from an original set-up of a double balcony and triple interior cabin to now a triple balcony and double interior?...and you now have a cat N interior, not an L....are you sure the cabin #'s posted are correct?

What doe this mean???? The cabon numbers are L 6546 and D4 6545...Is this a bad thing???:confused: Only 2pple for the interior and 3 in the balcony?

I noticed that she changed that when they raised the price of my cruise. She said that wouldn't allow 3pple to be in a large interior stateroom. Which I told her was BS cause they wouldn't have let it go through initially.

Are you aware that you went from an original set-up of a double balcony and triple interior cabin to now a triple balcony and double interior?...and you now have a cat N interior, not an L....are you sure the cabin #'s posted are correct?

What doe this mean???? The cabon numbers are L 6546 and D4 6545...Is this a bad thing???:confused:

6545 is double capacity Cat N cabin....6546 is a Quad capacity Cat D4....this is probably why you noticed a price difference....you category of interior cabin changed as well as the triple on you original resi were booked into an interior...now the triples must be booked in the balcony...either change could bring price changes as the 3rd and 4th in a balcony are usually more than in an interior. What this means is that 3 of you now must sleep in the balcony cabin....so if the plan was that you and your husband would be in the balcony and the kids in the interior....that wouldn't work anymore.

I noticed that change and asked my TA about it. She said that really wouldn't matter that the 3 could still sleep in the interior. Should I call and demand she cange my rooms back to the original? Are the rooms a different size then the originals?

6545 is double capacity Cat N cabin....6546 is a Quad capacity Cat D4....this is probably why you noticed a price difference....you category of interior cabin changed as well as the triple on you original resi were booked into an interior...now the triples must be booked in the balcony...either change could bring price changes as the 3rd and 4th in a balcony are usually more than in an interior. What this means is that 3 of you now must sleep in the balcony cabin....so if the plan was that you and your husband would be in the balcony and the kids in the interior....that wouldn't work anymore.

Archived