Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

They have locked in the kids cabin(8443) and left our balcony open. So they will continue to move us as balconies become available. This way we will be closer to the kids. They have changed our cabin already to 8592. They have advised us to wait about a week prior to sailing to print off our setsail pass.

My kids are night owls on the weekend. They stay up as late as they would like. My 17 year old is very responsable, but we'll probably establish a curfew for them.

My kids are night owls on the weekend. They stay up as late as they would like. My 17 year old is very responsable, but we'll probably establish a curfew for them.

Glad to hear the problem seems to be getting addressed. Like other posters I personally would have a difficult time giving responsibility of a 7 year old to a 17 year old especially on a ship the size of the Oasis but that is your decision. Having been though 3 at similar ages to yours years ago kids will be kids so be prepared for a phone call or knock on your door as it is a possibility if they are night owls. ;)

Glad to hear the problem seems to be getting addressed. Like other posters I personally would have a difficult time giving responsibility of a 7 year old to a 17 year old especially on a ship the size of the Oasis but that is your decision. Having been though 3 at similar ages to yours years ago kids will be kids so be prepared for a phone call or knock on your door as it is a possibility if they are night owls. ;)

I know the OP has every faith in her kids,but I would worry about the 7 yr too.....the 2 cabins are not even within sight of each other...what if the older ones want to stay out late?? Not trying to question your parenting,but couldn't you just have the 7 yr old in your cabin??I know you would have to change cabins again but 8602 is available.

This trip is mainly about us spending family time,so we'll probably be together most of the time. Our kids are very disciplined, but if they do decide to get a wild hair up their arses and sneak out, they just may run into us. We're night owls who like to close the club down. :D

Keep on them....would be nice if they could get you something closer together....if they are moving you up to a D1 balcony (which is more money) ...maybe talk to them about a pair of connecting B1 Boardwalk balconies (a triple and a double).... probably not much difference in price at the end.

I most definately will!

My TA knows now that I'm a memeber of CC and that you guys have my back. LOL

Thanks for this suggestion. I'll talk to her about this as well.

Keep on them....would be nice if they could get you something closer together....if they are moving you up to a D1 balcony (which is more money) ...maybe talk to them about a pair of connecting B1 Boardwalk balconies (a triple and a double).... probably not much difference in price at the end.

This trip is mainly about us spending family time,so we'll probably be together most of the time. Our kids are very disciplined, but if they do decide to get a wild hair up their arses and sneak out, they just may run into us. We're night owls who like to close the club down. :D

Is this even going to be allowed by RCCL? You must be at least 21 to be able to be the main person on a stateroom. The only exception is families traveling together, and that's only if you have connecting staterooms--the kids would be allowed to sleep in the connecting stateroom. I would have thought the best option would have been the triple balcony for mom, dad and 7-yr-old, and the double directly across the hall for the 15 and 17 yr olds. I know, I know... none of my business. But this is a public internet forum, so you're bound to get opinions. Just had to throw mine in. :)

Is this even going to be allowed by RCCL? You must be at least 21 to be able to be the main person on a stateroom. The only exception is families traveling together, and that's only if you have connecting staterooms--the kids would be allowed to sleep in the connecting stateroom. I would have thought the best option would have been the triple balcony for mom, dad and 7-yr-old, and the double directly across the hall for the 15 and 17 yr olds. I know, I know... none of my business. But this is a public internet forum, so you're bound to get opinions. Just had to throw mine in. :)

Actually, this is not 100% correct. The cruise line will allow it if the children are in a cabin next door, even if not connecting, or across the hall.

As you can see ,the 2 cabins(8443 and 8592) are not really all that close..

shp_oa_deck08_v11-12_dpl.gif

Also, it seems as if the inside cabin is off one of those side hallways. As someone posted earlier, the cabin isn't even insight of the parent's cabin. I wonder too if RCCL will allow this. I wouldn't think so.

Actually, this is not 100% correct. The cruise line will allow it if the children are in a cabin next door, even if not connecting, or across the hall.

I was just going by their FAQ here.

"This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms (etc.)"

I don't doubt they've sometimes bend the rule though, as long as the cabin is in direct proximity.

Yes I see this. Their goal is to get us across the hall or at least a few doors up. It was explained to me that as it gets closer to sailing more rooms will become available or be released from TA's that didn't get booked. My TA will be checking for this daily. Keeping my fingers crossed!

As you can see ,the 2 cabins(8443 and 8592) are not really all that close..

shp_oa_deck08_v11-12_dpl.gif

Yes I see this. Their goal is to get us across the hall or at least a few doors up. It was explained to me that as it gets closer to sailing more rooms will become available or be released from TA's that didn't get booked. My TA will be checking for this daily. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Unfortunately, if you're pretty set on mom & dad having a balcony room to themselves, and the kids are already "locked in" to 8443, there doesn't appear to be any possible way to get a balcony that is in direct proximity to 8443. Maybe I've misread your intention, and you would accept an interior room in close proximity to 8443. If that's the case, I apologize. But the thread so far has left me under the impression that it's important to you to have a balcony room with no kids staying with you. Unfortunately, I'm just not sure that's possible when traveling with a 7-year-old.

I would personally just find two connecting cabins and reserve them now, instead of taking the chance of two acceptable rooms *not* coming up.

Sounds like another good plan to keep in mind.

Thanks!;)

Unfortunately, if you're pretty set on mom & dad having a balcony room to themselves, and the kids are already "locked in" to 8443, there doesn't appear to be any possible way to get a balcony that is in direct proximity to 8443. Maybe I've misread your intention, and you would accept an interior room in close proximity to 8443. If that's the case, I apologize. But the thread so far has left me under the impression that it's important to you to have a balcony room with no kids staying with you. Unfortunately, I'm just not sure that's possible when traveling with a 7-year-old.

I would personally just find two connecting cabins and reserve them now, instead of taking the chance of two acceptable rooms *not* coming up.

As you can see by the deck plans,there are no triple occupancy cabins that are across from the balconies in that part of the ship.

Many people book there kids in an interior cabin and the parents in a balcony directly across the hall or at least diagonally across from them. The problem arises with the Allure and Oasis and the large open area in the center of the ship created by central park and the boardwalk. There aren't interior cabins across the hall from many ocean view balconies because of the ship design.

To get around the across from problem, people book one adult into each cabin and then get new sea pass cards once they board the ship. RCL knows this happens and allows it.

I personally don't have an issue with kids in a cabin near their parents. I would have an issue with my young child being in a cabin that far away from me, but that is my personal feeling. The OP knows her kids and feels the oldest is responsible. The little one can always fall asleep on the parents sofa and be brought to bed when the older ones get in.

We have 4 older daughters 26,25,24,17 and two boys 15 and 7 plus 3 grans. They are all extremely close. They have been raised with a very strict, yet loving upbringing(DH and I are retired military)so I don't really worry about them when it comes to doing anything sneaky or not being responsible. They will ALL have the same curfew and if they want to stay out past their curfew, they'll be with us.

If we had our 7yo in our cabin, he'd be sad and so would his older siblings as they love being around eachother. He(7yo)has no choice but to be very mature for his age becuase of the age difference. We're very thankful for this...sometimes! LOL

My main worry and frustration is dealing with this TA(which I will not deal with again)screwing things up and praying that she will get things back to normal.

She's always had the rooms booked with myself and DH being the "adult" in each room.I just want the cabins that were first booked(triple inter and dble balc)before she changed them.

Just need to remind your TA that RCCL will not allow the arrangement you have now.

She's always had the rooms booked with myself and DH being the "adult" in each room.I just want the cabins that were first booked(triple inter and dble balc)before she changed them.

But the original cabins were on 2 totally opposite sides of the ship. Even with you being comfortable with the kids in their own cabin, even if not within sight of your cabin, but on the same deck, Would you be comfortable if they were on the total opposite side of the ship? And with the Oasis, that's a LONG ways across?

In your TA's defense, I really think he/she was trying to help you, feeling as if the original set up would not be desirable when traveling with children.

Definately not. I wasn't aware of this when she booked the first cabins. She just suggested we find something close. Which was fine with me.

My issue with the TA is that she knew that we wanted to be as close as possible so rather than book the initial booking, she could've searched a little harder.

I just want this all to be over so I can get on with everything else that needs to be planned. This is a surprise Xmas present to the kids which is slowly turning out to be more frustration than fun.

But the original cabins were on 2 totally opposite sides of the ship. Even with you being comfortable with the kids in their own cabin, even if not within sight of your cabin, but on the same deck, Would you be comfortable if they were on the total opposite side of the ship? And with the Oasis, that's a LONG ways across?

In your TA's defense, I really think he/she was trying to help you, feeling as if the original set up would not be desirable when traveling with children.

Archived