Cruise Critic Community
ecarbine

Wanna see something "cool"?

Ok it isn't cool, it is f-ing COLD!!!:eek:

I took a little drive today, this was part of my journey.

I love my job but I cannot wait to get out of here and on the Spirit headed to Mexico!!!

DSC00272.JPG.a78ae619ed3546862cdb4958a09ca899.JPG

DSC00254.JPG.b4cabcd102af3aad2bd04b2dc4ab0b67.JPG

DSC00270.jpg.1815446f4ee6905545933a38599b9b2c.jpg

Leaving on the Spirit on Friday!

I am so jealous, I have 32 more days,,, 30 of that will be spent in the frozen Arctic, but I will be ok. It will all be forgotten after my 4th or 5th DOD!!!

Ah, I love Alaska. :) I love the taiga country even more than the tropics. :) I wish there were more cold weather cruising but apparently most people don't share my preference. :p

One of these fine days I will cruise to Antarctica. :)

Ah, I love Alaska. :) I love the taiga country even more than the tropics. :) I wish there were more cold weather cruising but apparently most people don't share my preference. :p

One of these fine days I will cruise to Antarctica. :)

I agree, I can only imagine how beautiful the inside passage is in the winter, I was just in Valdez on the Prince William Sound, it snowed like I have never seen before but I was absolutely in awe at how beautiful it is there. It was hard to concentrate on my work, I kept finding myself spacing off and standing there just looking around.

As for Antarctica, that is high on my bucket list, but the wife flatly refuses, but she doesn't want me to go alone and she doesn't want me to go with anyone else, hmmmm, I'm screwed.:confused:

I was just in Valdez on the Prince William Sound, it snowed like I have never seen before but I was absolutely in awe at how beautiful it is there. .:confused:

Are u a canadian?

I don't remember which ship but I believe Holland America has a cruise that will take you there via South America. It's one I would put on my bucket list.

Linbald does Antartica, it's on our bucket list as well.

We live in Alaska too, but have yet to make it to the Arctic Circle.

Y'all are just plain crazy!! :eek: You can keep your ice and snow. Ohio may not be paradise, but at least it gets warm enough in the summer to go skinny-dipping if you want to.:D

I agree, I can only imagine how beautiful the inside passage is in the winter, I was just in Valdez on the Prince William Sound, it snowed like I have never seen before but I was absolutely in awe at how beautiful it is there. It was hard to concentrate on my work, I kept finding myself spacing off and standing there just looking around.

As for Antarctica, that is high on my bucket list, but the wife flatly refuses, but she doesn't want me to go alone and she doesn't want me to go with anyone else, hmmmm, I'm screwed.:confused:

Used to spend summer ins Cordova, the Sound is really the best. I'd live there if DW would ever take the plunge:rolleyes:

Are u a canadian?

I actually live in Utah but I work in Alaska; I have an awesome job, I am at work for 6 weeks at a time, I get to drive the entire length of the state from Prudhoe bay to Valdez. Not only do they pay me to do it but they provide the truck and buy the fuel, it is awesome.

I am off work for 3 weeks at a time which allows me the time to travel ond do a lot of the things I would never have the time to do woth another job. But it is cold, I didn't take a picture but it is like -35 this morning.

Y'all are just plain crazy!! :eek: You can keep your ice and snow. Ohio may not be paradise, but at least it gets warm enough in the summer to go skinny-dipping if you want to.:D

Wont be long and we will have plenty of that ice and snow :( ourselves..sigh..

I recognize that Dalton sign from Ice Road Truckers!

Yeah, I have logged thousands of miles on that road, not in a semi just a pick up but it is crazy some times, the weather up here can be downright terrifying at times.

You can swim up here; in fact this summer I took a nice dip in the Arctic Ocean, it was,,,,,,exhilarating!!!

Considering that I live in Louisiana and its hot enough that we are still wearing shorts and mowing our yards, YES, I do think it is "COOL." Thanks for the pics

You can swim up here; in fact this summer I took a nice dip in the Arctic Ocean, it was,,,,,,exhilarating!!!

Is "exhilarating" code for "Made my backside pucker"?:D

More power to you! I'll stick to Southern CA and complain each time the day time temperature doesn't reach 70.

I had to laugh the last time we sailed out of L.A. it was about 50 degrees in January, I was in my shorts and a short sleeved shirt, my wife was in Levis and a t-shirt and everyone working outside at the cruise terminal had on winter parkas asking why we weren't freezing, then I explained I had just witnessed -65 degrees a week before, they thought I was absolutely insane.

Is "exhilarating" code for "Made my backside pucker"?:D

Well without going into any specifics; it does take a while for some bodily functions to return to normal!!