Cruise Critic Community
webnut

"Welcome Tours" Beulah

Does anyone have any experience with Welcome Tours, specifically the Horse Back Rain Forest tour? I emailed them and they responded in an email where to meet them and to pay in cash, where we will be driven to the stables.

This is the link to the horseback page: http://tourstkittsandnevis.com/?p=95

Any experience/information or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

We just returned from our cruise. After reading the reviews on Beulah, we decided to go with her, thinking it would be great.

It was quite disappointing, to say the least. We emailed in advance, and were quoted 30.00 a person.

When we arrived, we were told the tour would start at 930. However, she was so busy trying to get other sales to fill the van that we were rushed away and told to go looking in the stores(but not to buy anything yet b/c prices get better in the afternoon, which they did not). She said to give her 20 minutes to try to fill the van, and she was quite pushy and rude toward our elderly driver, in order to get more sales. We ended up waiting nearly an hour for the tour to start, and then she came to get money, and left again. She did not come with us on the tour, as expected.

Finally, we were sent off with the taxi driver, and he went to pick up our cheap drinks, which we had to pay for(all other tours on other islands include drinks in the van). Then he remembered that he forgot to leave a drink for Beulah, and had to drive it back to her. We thought we could now start the tour, and then he got a call from Beulah that she had more people to go in our van. We had to go back yet again, and pick those people up. So nearly 1.5 hours of time wasted there.

We then drove very slowly around in a hot van, and stopped at the batik store(all drivers have to stay there a min of 30 mins). We were then taken back to the other side of the island and got some photos with a nice view...probably the highlight of the tour. We were offered to go to the beach at Frigate Bay or back to the ship. We opted for the beach as we hadn't seen much yet, and were directed toward a restaurant on the beach, a friend of Beulah's. The food was not good, flies everywhere such that we couldn't finish the food, even if we had wanted to. The water was dark, and the bottom full of rocks.

It was not the tour we had hoped for, but we did not have the heart to tell the elderly man this, b/c he had endured so much harassment at the port. And now I am reading that others paid only 10.00 for the same tour, while we paid 30.00 each.

I would advise you to book with one of the many people at the port ready to go, for cheap. Do not book with Beulah, and do not book anything in advance....there were so many nice people there offering tours. We regret waiting so long for nothing, and overpaying.

Edited by burnsis

My family and I just completed a 7 day cruise to Southern Caribbean aboard the Carnival Valor. It was my 25th Marriage Anniversary. I did not want to take another Island tour since I experience a very poor Island tour on Barbados. However, Ms. Beulah told me and my family that her tour would be different. She was completely right. Her tour was educational, the views was spectacular. The places and the beach was simply breath taking. :o

She charged only charged us $10.00 per person but to me the tour was worth so much more. I really appreciated the way in which she told us about the island and the way she took the time to answer our questions.

I would truly take this tour again. :D:D:D

Bobby from Virginia

We used Pereira Tours for an island tour in September 2013 and had an amazing tour. I would highly recommend emailing Liz - she does all types of tours!

Does anyone have any experience with Welcome Tours, specifically the Horse Back Rain Forest tour? I emailed them and they responded in an email where to meet them and to pay in cash, where we will be driven to the stables.

This is the link to the horseback page: http://tourstkittsandnevis.com/?p=95

Any experience/information or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Our party of six did an ATV tour with Beulah Mills on June 27th, this was an amazing day !! When returning to St. Kitts I would gladly book with Beulah Mills - Welcome tours again.

Our party of six did an ATV tour with Beulah Mills on June 27th, this was an amazing day !! When returning to St. Kitts I would gladly book with Beulah Mills - Welcome tours again.

I did the ATV tour with Beulah this past January and while the ATV tour was great, the transportation part wasn't. I booked transportation to the beach and we had to wait 45 after the ATV tour for the ATV van to bring us back to the port to meet Beulah and get her transportation which wasn't there. After waiting 20 mins, we just grabbed our own van for less money.

When you are on a cruise and pay extra for transportation, you don't expect to wait over an hour for a ride not to show up. I never even received an email from Beulah to apologize for the mix up.

I wouldn't use Beulah again.