markyb

How do you find out how many ships will be in port?

When searching port destinations and excursions for our 10 night Ultimate Caribbean, I have found that some forum members are aware of how many ships will be in port and take this into account when planning their day, where can you find this information?

Thanks

When searching port destinations and excursions for our 10 night Ultimate Caribbean, I have found that some forum members are aware of how many ships will be in port and take this into account when planning their day, where can you find this information?

Thanks

Try cruise tt dot com.

http://www.cruisecal.com then click on itinerary lookup.

Just enter the ships name in the drop down section and click on the find dates button. It will bring up all the sailing dates. Select the one you want and it will show the schedule and which other ships are at that same port that day.

Hi FranklinPA, Do you have to pay to get into that site? Thanks for your help.

Not to the part that I gave in my directions. But follow my directions exactly or you will get into the pay area.

Your site is years old

ooopss!! you are right-- Posted the wrong link-- yes this one is ancient!

Looks like OP already got his answer.

cruisetimetables dot com is a good site...

I have obsessively perused that site since booking our cruse in January. After spending the day in Dubrovnik last year, with 6 other ship's passengers - I prefer to be prepared!:mad:

"http://www.cruisecal.com then click on itinerary lookup.

Just enter the ships name in the drop down section and click on the find dates button. It will bring up all the sailing dates. Select the one you want and it will show the schedule and which other ships are at that same port that day."

Thanks for the info Franklin PA. That site works great.:D

I have found that most of these sites are OK but not 100% accurate. This takes more time but I first google looking for the actual web site of the cruise ship terminal/authority. Many of them actually have a schedule showing the ships that will be in port for a particular day and I have found this to be by far the most accurate.

Keith

I have found that most of these sites are OK but not 100% accurate. This takes more time but I first google looking for the actual web site of the cruise ship terminal/authority. Many of them actually have a schedule showing the ships that will be in port for a particular day and I have found this to be by far the most accurate.

Keith

Keith is right. I've looked up a couple of cruises on each of the three sites and all three had them missing or therre were errors with the other ships in port for the ones I looked at.

Individual port websites and their timetables are the best bet.

Keith is right. I've looked up a couple of cruises on each of the three sites and all three had them missing or therre were errors with the other ships in port for the ones I looked at.

Individual port websites and their timetables are the best bet.

agree with both of you that these general sites are not always correct. But the OP is only interested in seeing how many other ships are planning to be at each of their port stops during a particular cruise. For that purpose, these sites are just fine.

Just enter the ships name in the drop down section and click on the find dates button. It will bring up all the sailing dates. Select the one you want and it will show the schedule and which other ships are at that same port that day.

Hi FrankInPA,

Thanks for the info... very interesting.

Love this Website... learn something new everyday !!

:)

(BAD NEWS for me... I have one port where there will be 6 Ships in... that is going to be no doubt one busy place using ship Pax Capacity Numbers it comes out to over 15,500 Pax who will be in port... realize that not EVERYONE is going to get off the ship... but still there will be a HUGE impact on this Destination)

:eek:

May want to rethink my plans for this spot in regards to what I want to do while off the ship.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi FrankInPA,

Thanks for the info... very interesting.

Love this Website... learn something new everyday !!

:)

(BAD NEWS for me... I have one port where there will be 6 Ships in... that is going to be no doubt one busy place using ship Pax Capacity Numbers it comes out to over 15,500 Pax who will be in port... realize that not EVERYONE is going to get off the ship... but still there will be a HUGE impact on this Destination)

:eek:

May want to rethink my plans for this spot in regards to what I want to do while off the ship.

Cheers!

You are certainly welcome... I have found this site to be very accurate so far but there may be last minute changes. Still, to dump 15K people on one port (or even 8K if half stay on board) is a lot. Means the tour guides will really be hustling and having to bring in buses and vans from everywhere.

Might want to just get off the ship and walk around on your own if it is a generally safe port.

Edited by FrankinPA

You are certainly welcome... I have found this site to be very accurate so far but there may be last minute changes. Still, to dump 15K people on one port (or even 8K if half stay on board) is a lot. Means the tour guides will really be hustling and having to bring in buses and vans from everywhere.

Might want to just get off the ship and walk around on your own if it is a generally safe port.

Hi FrankInPA,

Lol, turns out I actually left out one ship so 6 in port PLUS us... brings the grand total to 17,676 Pax that afternoon (11 AM to 3:30 PM) ... Arrivals that day span from 7 AM (2 Ships) - 8 AM (3 Ships) - 10 AM (1 Ship) - 11 AM (1 Ship) with Departures spanning from 3:45 thru to 6 PM

And most of the ships are good sized ones... (aprox 1800 to 4100) including NCL's Epic

The port is St Thomas...

So now I am doing research on how it might be best to tackle this issue... just wander around on my own exploring Charlotte Amalie (as you've suggested... and as we had originally planned) or actually book some sort of Excursion hoping to get as far away as I can from the crowds.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi FrankInPA,

Lol, turns out I actually left out one ship so 6 in port PLUS us... brings the grand total to 17,676 Pax that afternoon (11 AM to 3:30 PM) ... Arrivals that day span from 7 AM (2 Ships) - 8 AM (3 Ships) - 10 AM (1 Ship) - 11 AM (1 Ship) with Departures spanning from 3:45 thru to 6 PM

And most of the ships are good sized ones... (aprox 1800 to 4100) including NCL's Epic

The port is St Thomas...

So now I am doing research on how it might be best to tackle this issue... just wander around on my own exploring Charlotte Amalie (as you've suggested... and as we had originally planned) or actually book some sort of Excursion hoping to get as far away as I can from the crowds.

Cheers!

Wow, 7 ships in one port. At least they are arriving and leaving at different times. That will be interesting. The vendors at the port should have a good day. We would be tempted to just stay on the ship but a nice walk around town would be a close second choice. You might have a problem finding a good excursion this late since so many others are there. Good luck, in any case.

Edited by FrankinPA

Hi Franklin,

Has the site changed to Pay Only since you posted? I can't seem to find the free lookup:(

Thanks,

Laurie

Hi Franklin,

Has the site changed to Pay Only since you posted? I can't seem to find the free lookup:(

Thanks,

Laurie

There are some pay areas, but not the itinerary lookup. On the main page, click on "Itinerary Lookup". Then scroll down a bit to "Itinerary Search", using the drop down box find the ship you want. Click on "Find Dates". Find the date you want and click "display".

I just tried it and it works fine.

mac_tlc

There are some pay areas, but not the itinerary lookup. On the main page, click on "Itinerary Lookup". Then scroll down a bit to "Itinerary Search", using the drop down box find the ship you want. Click on "Find Dates". Find the date you want and click "display".

I just tried it and it works fine.

mac_tlc

Thank you! I got it to ppen on my I Phone:)

Can't find what ships that will be in Fort Lauderdale 16 april... Must be stupid...

16-Apr-12 Maasdam, Emerald Princess (believe that the list is not complete as I do know that Celebrity Equinox should be on the list)

Port Everglades link:

http://www.porteverglades.net

Edited by texkan

Hi FrankInPA,

The port is St Thomas...

Cheers!

Celebrity offers several excursions to St. Johns. Ferry leaves right from the dock. The excursions are no big deal so skip them. Just use the time to take a cab to one of St. Johns beautiful beaches. Other than that I would suggest you stay on the ship. If you do an excursion on your own make sure you get back real early. Traffic jams are normal with this many people.

Try this one,e xcellent in that it not only gives you which ships are in port that day but also the number of people (Port Load) based on the ship capacities. I will never go back to St. Thomas. Imagine 6 ships and over 13,000 people dumped in one day, ugh!

Same for Cozumel. Way too many people to make your day enjoyable.

Our site is no longer years old, it is now mostly up to date., and we are continuing to work on it all the time. :)

I've used your site a lot in the past and it is now back in my favourites now that it is more up to date. Thanks!:)

Phil

I've used your site a lot in the past and it is now back in my favourites now that it is more up to date. Thanks!:)

Phil

Much more up to date.

Frankly, I wonder how accurate this site is when doing after doing a search at six months from now, no ships are shown in port even though our itinerary has had us there for as long as it has been published, which has been at least a year. The other site mentioned in this thread lists four other ships in port with us.

Plus, it still lists dates 14 months in the past.

About the worst of the cruise itinerary sites out there.

... and once again Cruise TT has incorrect / incomplete / insufficient info. Not sure if they've even updated anything in the last year.:eek:
Edited by dmwnc1959

Frankly, I wonder how accurate this site is when doing after doing a search at six months from now, no ships are shown in port even though our itinerary has had us there for as long as it has been published, which has been at least a year. The other site mentioned in this thread lists four other ships in port with us.

Plus, it still lists dates 14 months in the past.

Cruisett is THE worst. Hands down, Yet people still recommend them. :rolleyes:

Edited by dmwnc1959

Thank you! I found your directions terrific and I found what I needed to know for our upcoming cruise in August 2015!

Try this one,e xcellent in that it not only gives you which ships are in port that day but also the number of people (Port Load) based on the ship capacities. I will never go back to St. Thomas. Imagine 6 ships and over 13,000 people dumped in one day, ugh!

Same for Cozumel. Way too many people to make your day enjoyable.

Ships port at 2 places in St Thomas: .Havensight and Crown Bay (not much there) We enjoyed just hanging around at Havensight last time around...shopping, post ofc, pharmacy run, nice lunch... We never get off at Coz anymore...been there, done that!