Orient Beach questions

WillyBear

1) Are there public washrooms available and easily accessed at Orient Beach?

2) We only have about 90 minutes at Orient Beach as part of our tour. Really all we want to do is swim and hang out for a bit. Do we just grab a spot on the beach or do we have to pay for a spot? We've never been before.

Yes, there are several public restrooms on the rear of the beach. You do not have to pay to use the beach, but if you want to sit in one of the lounger chairs you will be expected to pay (normally about $20-$25). If you tell the beach boy that you only want to use the chair for an hour they might make you a deal. Otherwise, just toss your towel down on the sand the old fashioned way :)

Hank

Yes, there are several public restrooms on the rear of the beach. You do not have to pay to use the beach, but if you want to sit in one of the lounger chairs you will be expected to pay (normally about $20-$25). If you tell the beach boy that you only want to use the chair for an hour they might make you a deal. Otherwise, just toss your towel down on the sand the old fashioned way :)

Hank

Thanks Hank. I presume that's $20-$25 per chair? And I presume the public restrooms are spread out along the rear of the beach?

Thanks Hank. I presume that's $20-$25 per chair? And I presume the public restrooms are spread out along the rear of the beach?

Noooo. That cost would be for 2 loungers plus a beach umbrella. I do not recall the restrooms being spread out. All the facilities are pretty much centered over a relatively small area in the crowded part of the beach. If you do walk down the beach (towards the left) you get away from the crowds, but also from the facilities. That being said.....you are talking about a 5 - 10 min walk to get back. My advice is to simply "check out" the "lay of the land" when you get to the beach and make your decision. If we are there on a port day we normally stay in the more popular part of the beach so we are near the bar. If we are staying on the island and have a car (and a cooler) we would probably stay way down on the left far from the crowds.

Hank

Archived